Old 08-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #106  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

We moved over the weekend and I love my new house! I am still unpacking (probably until the end of time) and still packing in the old house. Hubby got hurt a few weeks ago and was not much help with packing so I was doing everything and there were just not enough hours in the day. We really need to completely vacate though so we can clean and repair nail holes, etc. We seriously need to get it on the market and pray for a miraculous quick sell!

Diet is atrocious....nuff said, lol! I did find out the article is planned for All You in November.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #107  
Never Give Up!!

S/C/G: 235/226.6/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Jumping right in

Good morning. Have been watching the posts and wanted to join in, but didn't with all that is going on at home and other forums I'm subscribed couldn't find the time to "jump in". Today is the day and I'm just going to do it. This seems like a great group of people and a comfortable place to share some life experiences/challenges. My greatest personal battle at the moment is unemployment....since Jan this year. Has played on my mind off and on over the months and affected my weight also. Determined to control what I can and have put 100% into the health factor. Was a back and forth start when I began in June, but for the last couple weeks I have really focused on food/exercise and what my body responds to best. I have surpassed that first 5 lb back and forth I was dealing with and am continually losing this last couple weeks. Hoping the "no job" factor will stay in its place and not intrude on the weight factor.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit on this first post. Sounds like we are all fighting some challenge in one form or another. Best to all
fool4fotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #108  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Fool4Fotos! It sounds like you're turning lemons into lemonade -- no job at the moment means you can focus on health and really find your groove before that inevitable new job happens and all your energy goes into that. I know it is stressful, so hang in there!

Shannon - Yay, you've moved in! I'm sure you are beyond busy, busy, busy! Hang in there!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 08-21-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello all!! Sorry I have been MIA....went on my vacation (didn't gain any weight there btw which puzzles me but i'm glad) and came home to a boat load of aggravation....things seem to be calming down though and i'm ready to start focusing on me again!! Had a bad week or so, was eating everything under the sun because of the stress...yesterday i went back on OP. Hope to reach my goal by the time the holidays roll around!!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #110  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Just checking in - all is well enough, weight is stable though I'm not getting exercise in yet, too achy.

Yay, Zumba, you're back! How was the cruise? Sorry you had a bad week, sounds like you're rolling with it.

Glad to hear from you, Shannon! The moving is surely keeping you occupied these days. Hope all goes well with selling the old house. Remind me again in November to look for the article please.

Welcome to the thread, fool4fotos! Kudos for giving your health high priority, it falls to a low spot for most of us way too easily. You're off to a great start; looking forward to seeing more posts from you.

to Michelle and andrew and Rennie and whomever else is lurking about!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:30 AM   #111  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hello Fool4fotos Welcome to the gang; we're all a bit quiet at the moment, but it's a great group.

Hang in there Shannon. After our move into our current house 12 years ago I swore the only way I was going to move out again was feet first!

Cattails, I hope your arthritis is better. Can you at least go for a stroll and get a bit of air, or is that uncomfortable too?

Andrew, good luck getting things back under control. I was also thinking I was going to rip through the summer and make all kinds of progress but reality had other ideas!

Zumba, I'm sorry you've had such a stressful week. What went wrong?

Hello to Ms. Snark and Rennie.

Not much to report here; am hoping now that the offspring are back in school I can get myself back in gear. I'm just not sure what to focus on or where to put my energy. The course I wanted to take which was to spearhead my re-entry into the world of professional adults has been postponed till January. I'm am so unsuited to Hausfrauery it's not even funny! *sigh*
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #112  
Michelle the Vegan

Hey gang! Feeling kinda blue this morning as my husband leaves this week for a week-long trip to Maine and I'm not going. *sniff* *sniff* I love Maine and last year Acadia was closed when we were there, but of course it's open now. This year our secondary mountain bikes are up there at my father in law's house and we were going to bike around on the carriage trails in Acadia and on Schoodic -- but now dear husband will be doing that without me.

Anyway, I feel all whiney and complainy about it this morning because DH was excited about the trip last night.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 08-26-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:48 PM   #113  
mossfootrunner!

Why aren't you going, Snarky?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #114  
Michelle the Vegan

Hey Susan, mostly I'm not going because my migraines are currently chronic and uncontrollable. I'm trying new meds but nothing is working yet. There is some other stuff going on in the family that would make it inconvenient for me to go this year, but we would have probably come up with a plan to handle that stuff if not for my migraines making it so impossible. It is The Suck.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #115  
mossfootrunner!

Nooooooo! I'm so sorry, Mrs.Snark. That really is craptastic! I hope you get a solution soon.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #116  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Aw, Michelle, I'm sorry you're missing the trip; hope you can find some way to treat yourself in the meantime, and get some relief from that aching head.

Thanks, Susan; I am trying to get in a mile walk or even ride my bike a bit, when it's not brain-boiling hot out. Exercise does makes me feel better even if only mentally. I think I might actually get to see a rheumatologist soon, woo-hoo.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #117  
mossfootrunner!

Oh, man. I'm so sorry you guys are having health problems. It puts my complaints about the weather (coldest, wettest July in over 100 years) into perspective.

Chilly and damp is actually perfect jogging weather, right?
Old 08-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #118  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi all

I am on a few other threads, but I want to jump in here since I'm 43

I've lost 20 pounds over the last year - up and down the same 10 but then got serious and started riding bikes with DH 4 times a week for 20 miles at a time.

Tonight is my last night of instruction at CSULA, and then finals are next week. Then a magical 22 days off! LOL That's all I get in between this quarter and Fall quarter...but I'll take it! I'm excited for Fall because I am taking the finance class that will enable me to move on to the rest of my upper division accounting classes...then the hard **** starts! There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Well, after Fall quarter, anyway. Or shall I say LIGHTS. The lights of the Las Vegas Strip to be exact!!! My favorite place! I only go twice a year now, so I have to make it count!

Everybody have a great day - Labor Day weekend is almost here!!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #119  
Michelle the Vegan

Hey there Syck! You are kicking BUTT! Congrats! Your trip to Vegas sounds like it will be a blast, you deserve it after all the hard work at school!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #120  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Mrs Snark HI! I'm sorry to hear about your migraines that sucks.

Rode 25 miles with DH on our bikes after work yesterday - we do this 4 times a week, usually 20 - 26 miles each time. Love it, and DH has even lost 22 pounds! He's a big man, 6 feet tall and extremely muscular, but he gained about 30 pounds over the last few years just in his belly. He wasn't seeing it, though...and because it's the hard fat and not jiggly he ignored it. Now he can hardly believe he let himself get like that. Funny how our minds can play tricks on us like that when we don't want to see something - we just won't see it! Until we do.

Having my coffee and waking up right now and later another bike ride. 25 miles at the least. We're in for it - it's gonna be a hot one!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote