Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #91  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hugs to everyone, I see the group has been a bit quiet. Maybe we are all caught in the summer doldrums.

I got my mental cats all pulling my sled in the same direction, which is good, so worrying about weight and food is lower on my current stressing-me-out list. I hope I can keep us on the trail and headed south (where the lower number on the scale live) so that I can focus on other things!

Welcome, 5boyz!

Zumba -- you seem to be doing great, but you are so hard on yourself! I hope you take some time to enjoy your successes and progress before pushing forward relentlessly to your next goal! Because you rock!

Cattails -- How nice that you lost a few while visiting family, I wish that would happen to me, but it never does!

Andrew -- Congrats on that 2-year low! That's awesome!

Shannon -- How is prepping for the big move going? I'm sure it is a boatload of work!

Magicsusan -- Ahhh, summer vacation with the kids around, sounds rough -- hang in there! I'm sure 5 weeks never felt so loooooong, lol!

Marlene -- Sorry about the work stress, but congratulations on the new classic car! I googled images for that car, and it's hot-cha-cha! What color is it?

Rennie -- Hi, howdy, how ya doin'!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #92  

Thank you so much, Mrs. Snark, I'm excited to be here
5boyz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Been kind of stuck lately. Still on plan, but maybe hitting a bit of a plateau. Like Rennie, I've been very busy with work and the kids going back to school. Need to work out more too. Still more miss than hit on the gym. I might be stressing over it a bit much.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:43 AM   #94  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

All my time lately is spent on packing, trips to the storage unit and stressing about everything. I am off my plan completely from lack of time and focus, just eating whatever. I keep thinking I'm going to have time to get organized, go to the grocery store, cook, etc but everyday something busts that plan up. Trying to give myself some grace.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SHANNON Give yourself a break!!!!!!!! Moving is stressful, I did it twice in five years....of course eating healthy and working out is a challenge now...settle in to your new place and then refocus..you'll be fine!!

SNARK..Thanks girlfriend . I guess i have to be hard on myself at this point, if I keep cutting myself some slack i'll never make progress. 7 lbs are off since may and I'm a happy camper, just wish I could go the rest of the road!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #96  

Just a few more days until vacation...excited and NERVOUS.

I got a body wrap today, it smoothed out some of the cellulite...not sure how long the results will last though....it was quite interesting a process...they wrapped me up in saran wrap , I felt like I was going to be put in a microwave....or a freezer.

been working out like crazy....trying my best, that's all i can do. Still not in my pretty clothes so I am limited as to what i can take with me on vacation..no money for new things I'll make do...
Old 07-31-2014, 11:41 PM   #97  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Aw, Zumba, you're going to do great! You know your stuff and that's all anybody wants, a good instructor having fun. I swear that nobody is going to be bothered if you're a few pounds more or less. Enjoy the trip, it's a paid vacation!

Shannon, what Zumba said. This is a chaotic time, do the best you can until you get settled in again.

andrew, good going holding the line - that's a good thing! Dig in when you can, you know what to do.

to Michelle and everyone else. May we all keep our sled cats on track! (Love that imagery)
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #98  

Still losing, I weighed in at 225.0 yesterday morning, but it is much slower. I'm trying to roll with the punches and stick to my plan, and I have for the most part. There have been a couple of exceptions, but not too much. And man am I tired.

Shannon moving is no fun and very stressful. Don't add to the stress. Just do what you can, when you can. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Cattails Thanks!

Zumba Enjoy your vacation. They come around so infrequently.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #99  

headed to the car dealership for service...they have tons of snacks for free in their waiting room.....praying for strength not to succumb to it....
Old 08-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #100  
~Shannon

Was off my plan for a couple weeks but am on day 3 back on. I was planning to just quit til after the move but I got to feeling pretty awful. My reflux, which I take medication for, got worse, I was feeling angry and depressed, my stomach was bloating....blah! So, back to prioritizing eating low carb. I really hadn't gained much but just felt so bad. LOL!

Sellers agreed to make the few repairs needed so all is on track with moving. We close a week from today. I've taken 4 loads to our storage unit and still have tons to pack. It would be nice to move and get all new furniture, brand new appliances, etc but that is not happening! We will have to get new things very slowly. We needed a washer, dryer, guest bed option (got a sleeper sofa) and a riding lawn mower since our yard space is increasing almost 6-fold and were able to get all of those used, in good condition, through Facebook and Craigslist so we are set!

I can't recall if I mentioned this before but a few weeks ago I was interviewed by a reporter about fighting prediabetes with lifestyle interventions. I *think* I am going to be in 'All You' magazine. Will let you know when I have more details.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 08-04-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #101  

After the last couple of weeks of really slow progress at least for me, I'm getting back in the gym. I've been on plan, but that plan has been a moving target, which hasn't helped. But progress is progress and while it hasn't been coming off like I'd hoped, it is coming off and that's a good thing.

Shannon Good to see you back at it.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:06 AM   #102  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Sorry I've been so quiet, bad time with the arthritis lately. Trying to get some medical resolution to this thing. I keep checking in here to see how others are doing, so keep on posting!

Shannon, how cool to be featured in the magazine! Please let us know when we can look for it. Sounds like things are moving right along with the um, moving - LOL. How's Olivia doing with all the changes?

andrew, good going with the gym and further progress - you're definitely heading in the right direction!

Hope everybody is enjoying their summer (especially Zumba on the cruise).
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #103  
~Shannon

Cattails it's all coming together though still stressful. We close on Monday and hopefully are moving next Saturday. I say hopefully bc hubby still hasn't hired movers. He did order me a new really nice fridge though so I won't complain! Olivia is still excited but I am nervous after we are actually moved she may have mover's remorse and start missing people but hopefully all the new experiences and time with family and a PINK bedroom will help, LOL! I will definitely let you know about the magazine. I've answered two more sets of questions this week and read the draft of the article!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #104  

Ugh. I'm still making progress, but my time is SO limited right now. My oldest is trying out for cheer leading and the added logistical issues have me struggling to make progress. Though I am getting back to the gym, I'm still missing days and that's frustrating. And I have a ton of stuff that needs doing at work, so I'm not posting like I'd like and that leads to accountability issues for me. Even if I'm off-plan I still want to make sure I acknowledge that and force myself to get back on plan. I'm not doing bad, I'm just not as focused as I have been until recently and it's showing in my slow progress. I am still making progress though so that's something.

Shannon Moving is just a slog and you just have to get through it. Good luck and keep us posted. I'm still reading here even if I'm not posting every day.

Hope everyone is having a good summer and making good choices. I'm still doing the low carb thing and I still like it.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #105  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi peeps! Hugs to all, it seems many of us are having a stressful summer!

No likey!

I have no exciting updates to share. Still on a medical merry-go-round with my family members and I have been really suffering with the chronic migraines and they have been resistant to meds so far. Very debilitating. Wish I had something happy and exciting to share but no such luck!

Sending positive vibes to everyone! I hope you can feel them!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 08-18-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote