Old 07-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Well i've finally hit a new low....this morning I weighed in at 145.6..not a number that i have seen in a very very long time. I was tickled pink, but i know it is only because I put in a good fast day. I kept it all very low carb today and i"M about to go on a walk ....

I think things are finally coming together albeit so slowly...hoping it lasts. The person i am dating told me today that I have make noticeable progress....some people have commented but I don't see it. My trainer measured me and said that i lost 2 percent body fat ...I'll be happy when i fit back into my clothes from last summer.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying these summer days.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #77  

oh and i have a wedding tomorrow and I'm just praying that I can control myself. fast day on Sunday again. I'm doing three fast days a week until vacation in two weeks!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #78  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Zumba, I'm so glad for you! How exciting to see that number, huh? You've been putting in a lot of hard work, happy that it's paying off.

Yay, Shannon, that's terrific about the closing! What a relief to get those signings at last. Hope the new neighborhood and house is everything you wanted.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #79  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Congrats on the house, Shannon! that's great news

Mrs. Snark, lol, nothing romantic about bags under your eyes and total exhaustion either. We don't have a guest room, but I wish we did. I'd love to have a place where I could read with the light on when I can't sleep. Sorry bout your extra pounds clinging. I can well imagine how the back trouble pisses you off- makes it harder to exercise and do all the right things in the first place.

Andrew, I have found a lot of great stuff on youtube- workouts, I mean. The walking was helping, but the re-shaping i got from additional workouts and the lifting has helped my self-esteem and probably also my metabolism. I like Fitnessblender because most of their workouts only require dumbbells, and they have a lot so I can mix them up... Good luck.

Cattails, after a solid week of pouring rain, we had a week of blistering sun, and now it's raining again. My poor veggies are like, huh? what? The chard and cukes seem to be holding up okay, but I lost a bunch of tomatoes because the branch got so sodden it cracked off! And lol on the coffee. I'm a water-nut myself. I think my DH must get just as tired of all the empty Valser bottles around the house as yours of the solar coffee

Zumba, How was the wedding? All I could think of was the opening scene to gone with the wind where Mammy is trying to get Scarlet to eat a big plate of Buckwheat pancakes before the big BBQ so she won't eat too much there. Lol, reasons have changed, but the tactic hasn't!

Rennie? You out there?

I am soooooo glad that the summer holiday only lasts 5 weeks here. I am already going bonkers. Middlekid and Thirdling are bickering, bickering... I tried to get them to sign up for some kind of summer camp or something, anything, but nooooooooo. They'd rather stay here and FIGHT. Till I rip my hair out and eat an entire coconut cake. Prima is doing her senior project, due as soon as school starts. Her math skills seem to have deserted her completely, because according to my calculations, at her current rate, there is no way she will finish.

So. Sorry bout that. Just needed to vent. Feeling a bit down and grumpy. Trying to increase my exercising to get the loss kickstarted again- it's become important to me. The goal was always health, not weight loss, but lately I can just really feel how lugging the extra 100lbs is draining me...

Hope everybody's doing well
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

I am not MIA. I had the chat thread open all day yesterday and I never got 5 minutes to post. Last week was pretty rough and I didn't make one shred of progress. I started the week at 227.0 and weighed in at 227.0 the following week. Talk about frustrating. Been sticking to plan too so not sure what's up with that. Still low carb and so far I like it pretty well. It's easy, but not always convenient. I could feel this morning that I'd started making progress again and though I don't usually spot check on Tuesday, I just stepped on the scale and it read 226.2. That's a 2 year low for me.

Shannon Congratulations on the new digs! I knew you'd find something. I hope you love it.

Zumba Congratulations on the new low. That's awesome.

Susan Thanks for the tips. I never think of youtube for workout videos. I've been using bodybuilding.com to get some ideas and they have videos too. I'm STILL not back in the gym with any consistency. It seems like I'm doing something all the time when I get home, and I just can't get up any earlier.

Michelle Hope you start feeling better soon. DW sometimes has to sleep in the guest room, or sometimes I do, depending on how late she stays up. She's a night owl and I'm ... not.

cattails Good to see you.

Rennie How are you?
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #81  

Hey all..I reached some kind of plateau and its annoying. Today is a fast day....

The summer is just flying by which makes me sad.....did not do all the things that I set out to do....

Bought some ankle weights and have been doing leg lifts while watching t.v. at night to try and help with these horrible thighs.

Not much else going on. How is everybody doing?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #82  

Magicsusan, You made me laugh with that Gone with the Wind scene! Wedding was lovely. The food was't that great which wasn't a good thing, it meant that i ate bread because I was hungry. I ordered shrimp and winds up the shrimp were teeny and they stuffing on them was gigantic..i never saw anything like it....i didn't want to eat the stuffing because it was all bread. It literally looked like a giant mottzah ball. I sat next to a groovy singer from some rock band (or should i say he sat down next to me) and gave me his card and said he wanted me to call him...research and a talk with the bride informed me that he is married....

I can't make this stuff up........
Old 07-23-2014, 12:44 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been on here at all... Like Rennie said, I'm still logging on MFP, and staying right around 130. A little higher than I'd prefer, but keeping it stable and being able to enjoy an occasional treat like a hamburger & fries out, as long as I get back OP for at least a few days.

Work is still stressful. I've had one interview, still waiting to hear back, recruiter said the company is still figuring out what they want to do. In the mean time, I have 3 weeks of being out of the office schedule starting mid-August. I'll take some days off completely and work remotely other days. We'll travel some, but be home some too.

Besides that, I bought an old Z car... 1983 Datsun 280ZX. It's in pretty good shape, new interior & paint in the last 2 years. Going to do some maintenance work and fix a few little issues.

I'll try to get on here more often and post. I think I'll try to maintain status quo on weight for now, and then drop 5 after Labor Day. Or while I'm off...
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #84  

Hey all,
I joined a while back, but never got plugged in, so I'm hoping that "hanging" out with gals my age will help. Definitely need to shed some pounds because I am starting to feel old Hope to get to know you all better
5boyz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #85  

HI everybody...I"m still at this plateau but know that i'm keeping the 7 lbs off that i lost so I can't complain about that. I feel a little weak this morning, but have SO MUCH to do so there's no time for feeling under the weather. Its going to be a scorcher, I can just feel it this morning, the air is already humid, you can cut it with a knife. Kickboxing tonight, I can't wait...its the best workout ever and I feel like any progress I have made as far as exercise goes has been because of that. Working with the trainer has been a waste of time and money, she isn't doing anything that I can't do myself at home..and i don't feel like she's working me hard enough. I think this week will be my last week with her. Today is a 'non fast" day so I"m going to be able to eat more, but I'm definitely keeping my diet low carb until vacation. I"M SO NERVOUS. I don't know what to expect with the classes I"ll be teaching.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #86  

Welcome 5boyz
Old 07-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #87  

Hey , where are we all ? Enjoying summer i hope!!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #88  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Marlene glad to see you back

5boyz to the thread

Susan and Andrew I'm here ... this job has me on a come home, shower, eat a lite dinner go to bed schedule. Sunday is my only day off. Thanks for thinking of me

Zumba yay for you on the 7lbs GONE

Cattails, Michelle

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:16 AM   #89  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

RENNIE!! So good to "hear your voice!" Hope the job isn't wearing you out too much.

Marlene! I've been wondering where you'd gotten off to. The new car sounds fun. Hope the work situation improves.

Zumba, sorry the trainer hasn't done much for you, and kudos for keeping at things. I'm sure you are totally up to the classes!

Welcome, 5boyz!

I've been trying to keep cool, struggling with stupid arthritis pains, not working out... Visiting with my folks in Nevada for a few days and lost a few pounds there, but back home again so we'll see where the weight settles out with my normal fare again. Was good to be with the family but wonderful to get home again, surrounded by my stuff.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #90  

Hey all..well i have less than a week for vacation!! Not pleased with my progress..too little...too slow....this week is going to be super super strict since i'm down to the wire.....protein, vegetables..no alcohol, no sugar.