Old 10-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #76  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Nice job at lunchtime Zumba!

Yay for running in the dark, Kelijpa! Thanks for checking in with us (we miss you round these parts, but I read your posts in the Daily thread to keep up!). I am definitely on the road to recovery!

Today's good decision: finally went to the store and got more guacamole for my daily burrito, so I'm looking forward to dinner tonight!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #77  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hopping in - I need to remind myself that I do make some good choices now and then!

Tuesday - on 25th wedding anniversary and after a full day of optimistic phone calls, notes and such - the day ended with MIL calling to tell us about her breast cancer. I picked up the Ben and Jerry's Vanilla Toffee Crunch pint ... and then put it back because I knew it wouldn't fix anything.
Wednesday - Despite listening to the wrong side of my brain tell me to skip swim practice for 45 minutes on the commute home, I ate a dinner that I knew would stay down and then went to the pool and killed it for an hour and a half.
Thursday - I remembered to show my chlorinated skin some love after my morning shower, and gooped up nice with Palmer's lotion. So I'm sitting here at work smelling like a beach.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #78  
Michelle the Vegan

ICU -- I'm sorry to hear about your MIL's breast cancer. My mil is stage 4 breast cancer (my husband is her only child), it is rough. Sending you and your mil strength and healing thoughts!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Today I had two pieces of halloween candy (actually one and a half) instead of just hitting up the whole bowl. Its just sitting there now since the trick or treaters have slowed down....and I"m not tempted. I made sure to fill up on some protein and hoping that helps. I'll let my son have the rest and I"m telling him to hide it in his room.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #80  
Michelle the Vegan

I've had a candy-free Halloween, yippee! While I felt a little whiny about it last night at 10 pm when there was no candy for me (I deliberately didn't purchase anything vegan), I was happy about it today.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #81  
Michelle the Vegan

Today good decision: my first run back since being so sick, w00t, w00t! I've been walking as I healed, but today I ran and felt fine!
Old 11-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #82  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Thanks, Mrs. Snark. She's done with the mastectomy (my gawd, it's an outpatient procedure????) and is waiting to hear about sentinel node results. Crossing fingers. It's HER2, so there's always going to be worry. Good wishes for your MIL too!

Good choices - getting to bed at a decent hour. Have only had 3 tiny pieces of candy since Halloween and now the threat is over.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

glad you feel better Snark....

one good hitng i did today....hmmm....well i looked up a restaurant menu that i will be at tonight so i know what to expect and already know what i'm going to order...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #84  
Michelle the Vegan

Sounds like everybody did pretty good with the Halloween candy -- yay us!

Good job planning ahead to make better choices when out, Zumba!

ICU - sending your MIL (and your family) strength. This week I helped my MIL end her chemo and get on a good hospice service. Very difficult decisions.

Today's good health decision: I did a little gentle yoga on my dock after walking the dogs. Was very calming.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #85  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Yesterday's good choice - spent 2 hours learning self-defense techniques and how to use a Kubotan (small metal tapered rod) to inflict incredible amounts of pain with minimal effort. I have some sore spots but also acquired a lot of worthwhile knowledge and confidence!
Old 11-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #86  
Michelle the Vegan

ICU -- that's exciting! I took some karate back in high school and a little in college, it was alot of fun. I stopped doing it because I was too shy for the sparring, lol, I kinda wish I could have gotten past that!

Today's good decision: warm apple slices with cinnamon for breakfast. Cinnamon is so cozy.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #87  
Michelle the Vegan

Today's good decision: A bit of yoga after walking the dogs, I'm starting to like this yoga stuff more and more.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:44 AM   #88  
Michelle the Vegan

Today's good decision: making bagels for everyone else, but making my Ezekiel toast for me. Wasn't even a struggle and I'm only the teeny, tiniest bit covetous.

Where are all the other good decision makers?

All the 40s peoples have gotten soooo quiet. Miss everyone!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #89  
Michelle the Vegan

Here I am, soldiering on alone, through the darkest of silence; through cold, snowy aloneness; through the freezing hail of vast echoing emptiness.

Without compatriots.

Uphill.

Both ways.

*crickets*

Okay well, onward. Today's good decision, is just to eat at all. I'm basically still in a zero-appetite stress response period (it is lasting alot longer than I thought it would) so I actually have to force myself to eat. This explains my ability to handle bagels for others with such ease.

Even things I would normally lust after with every fiber of my being have received a big MEH from my belly. I'm just most emphatically not hungry. Sigh.

So the good decision: I ate an apple for breakfast, with some coffee with almond milk and stevia. There, body, take that.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 11-25-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #90  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Aw, Mrs. Snark! I think some of the crickets are because us 40-somethings tend to shoulder most of the burden of the holiday season and we're just off doing everything and taking care of everyone else ... which sometimes lead us to not making good decisions for ourselves. Well, that's me, anyway. The only good decision I can report is being consciously aware of all the bad decisions I've been making. I dearly love the fall and early winter SEASON, and absolutely detest all the stupid, crazy expectations of formalized, traditional holidays ... phew. I *know* that exercise reduces stress. I *know* that food doesn't make conflicts go away. I *know* that when I feel physically good, the mental stuff follows along. You know that quote - "When you knew better, you did better." Nope, nope, nope. Information and wisdom aren't big enough weapons to take down bad habits and momentary pleasures.

Soldiering on. And wishing you the passing of the stress sooner rather than later!