Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SHANNON I hope that your dog gets better soon!!! Hopefully the cough will imrpoe so you can go on your trip . Poor baby

I taught my seniors today...tried to punch it up a little so i could get some cardio in but that isn't fair to them.....did a little more yard work and took a long walk with a friend.....fasted today...two meals and one snack. hope to see 149 again in he morning...hope everyone had a good day today.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #92  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Shannon Wow, I sure hope you don't have to cancel your trip that every thing goes well.

Zumba for a nice weigh in tomorrow

My throat has been hurting most of the afternoon and all evening. I drank some tea with lemon and honey and even took some generic Day-Quil, wish I had some NyQuil so I could sleep without feeling it, oh well hope it's better in the morning.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Struggling with the scale this week. Other than Sunday, I have been dead on plan, but I had a fairly significant jump yesterday, and while I'm sure it's just water weight, I haven't been able to shake it despite the water I've consumed. On the plus side, I had tons of energy and wasn't tired after work for the first time since I can remember. The down side of that is I struggled a bit getting to sleep, which made me tired today.

Shannon We live off Falls Lake as well, but the boat is at the Marina at Rollingview. It's about 15-20 minute drive from our house. Nice thing is we can be on the lake in about half an hour, and off in the same amount of time. Sucks about the dog. That's tough. We had a cat that had cancer and had to put him down recently and we struggled with him for a while.

Rennnie We have a close friend that was struggling with hot flashes as well and she went gluten-free. That has made all the difference. Her life is much improved from doing away with it. So DW is going to give that a try. Me too, but it's going to take a while to get a handle on it. It's in so many things. Hope you feel better today.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #94  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning all, sorry I'm so behind. Lots of stressful stuff going on here and I've been hibernating in my room with a book instead of being online. I'm trying not to be a whiny cry-baby in my head, but sometimes failing. You know how that goes.

While I have remained chipless so far in June (yay), I am up 3 pounds over last month's weigh-in. Not a major change, but not the trend I want to see, obviously.

Shannon -- I hope your dog recovers soon!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #95  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Hugs Michelle!

Andrew Rollingview is exactly where I meant....that marina has nice greasy food when you are hungry, lol! Our jetski has been winterized and sitting at MIL's vacant house pretty much since we had our daughter, she is getting close to old enough for it but hubby is past the weight limit now. With the new truck that can haul a heavier load we've talked about looking into a boat. Other than having mal de debarquement syndrome and it being a russian roulette as to whether it will be triggered each time I go, I love getting out on the water, so we will see.

Rennie, I have mostly (except for all my little binges here and there) been gluten free for almost 3 months and it has helped my asthma. Lots of folks say it helps with a wide variety of issues outside the obvious celiac disease.

The bad Nutter Butter adventures the last few days have caught up to me, I am up 2 lbs. Blah.

I am settled in for a long day at the car dealersip....I'll keep you posted. I got more sleep with the dog downstairs last night (though there was a different little intruder in my bed last night, lol) but he is still hacking so it is not looking promising for my trip but I was thinking we could do the house showing and baby stuff drop without taking him so all might not be lost.

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-18-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #96  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Andrew not feeling any better though I actually feel worse. Not sure where this came from all of a sudden. Our friend Sum holds on to water weight for a few days then whoosh. So don't worry it will come off, patience my friend is key on this journey . Sorry about the tired feeling. I was tired early yesterday, then I decided that if I laid down too early I would be up in the middle of the night which happens to me often. My friend found out about two years ago she was allergic to gluten. I had no clue as to how many things contain it and it's pretty costly to eat gluten free, best of luck to you and your wife with it.

Michelle sorry about the up on the scale and the stress. Good job on remaining chipless

Shannon, glad it has helped with your asthma Nutter Butters are my husbands favorite he could eat a family pack a day if they were here, smh. Sorry about the up on the scale. Hope you're not at the car place too long. that you are still able to take the trip

Last edited by love2b150; 06-18-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:16 AM   #97  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Rennie, sorry that you're under the weather; hope that clears up quickly for you.

Michelle, you do what you need to do: sometimes hibernating is the right thing!

Zumba, totally understandable how hard it is to let go of your son; I hate to have any of mine away too.

Shannon, too bad about your pup, hope he's feeling better soon and your trip isn't hindered too much.

andrew
, hope your wife can find some relief; I guess like in most areas, different solutions work for different people - perhaps going gluten-free will help. I haven't paid much attention to the gluten thing but it turns out I've been mostly gluten-free the past 2 years just by avoiding processed foods and only rarely eating bread, pasta or baked items. Who knew? It hasn't particularly helped with my own health issues besides weight control though. :P

OMG, I just realized tonight that my ticker tripped over into counting years!! That really pleases me. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight (down to 131 lbs. over a decade ago), it lasted about a minute. Don't mind me, I need to cheer a little bit here.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #98  
Michelle the Vegan

Cattails! That is wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #99  

Better today, though this week has kind of been a lllllooonnnnggggg recovery week for my weekend... uhhh... indiscretions. Spot check this morning and I'm down 1 pound even for the week so far. I had a late professional development meeting last night and they had free pizza and beer (and soda). I only had a diet soda and avoided the pizza and beer. Yay for me. I'm still struggling to get to the gym with any consistency due to all the various work and school activities in the evenings. I would like to hit it hard for the next couple of weeks though, since I won't be able to do much lifting at the beach. I can and do run on the beach in the early morning and I really enjoy that. It's the only time I can run outside due to shin splints.

cattails That really is an awesome accomplishment. Maintenance is the most difficult part of any lifestyle change. Congratulations!!

Michelle I would love to hibernate. Stress can take its toll on you and you know best how to unwind it. Take care of yourself.

Rennie Sorry that you are still feeling poorly. Hope you get better soon.

Shannon We haven't had a chance to try the food out there since the grill just opened over Memorial Day. Since we have a pontoon, we are considering adding a jetski to give us some more options. We'll see. Hats off to you too as I can't even imagine being on the water with MDDS.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #100  
~Shannon

We were at the car dealership 3.5 hrs yesterday, something I never want to repeat again, lol! I had my oil changed and some kind of boots replaced but did not get the AC fixed bc it was going to be another 3 hrs and $600. I knew if it was more than about $200 to wait. We have a friend with a repair shop we go to for higher dollar repairs. He is out in Garner so we don't use him for smaller stuff. He told hubby that the things they said are wrong make no sense bc it's usually one or the other, not both. So, when hubby is back we will drop my car out there. I trust him more than the dealership....sad, but true. So, since the dog is still hacking we are just going to go this afternoon to see the house (for sale) and drop off the baby stuff, eat dinner and come back. I had to cancel lunch with my aunt for tomorrow and Olivia is upset we are not spending the night (at her grandma's) but this was the best compromise I could come up with. Hopefully we won't die of heat stroke driving there today. It takes an hour to get there. The AC cools off after you drive a while but it's very hot til it reaches that point bc the fan that cools the car when it is stopped is the broken one. We roll the windows down but it's in the mid 90s here so it's just hot humid air coming in. Usually within 10-15 min the car cools enough to put the windows up. We should survive! LOL!

Yesterday's eating was nothing short of awful. Weight is up but fasting blood sugar is still holding steady so at least everything isn't wrecked between nutter butters and other carbs. I wonder if family will say anything about my weight? I think it's been 2 mths since I last saw them. I know my weight is up but I've still lost 25 lbs. I, of course, notice every little change, they wouldn't. This week with hubby gone we've been on facetime. I don't think he has traveled since right before I started so I immediately noticed my face looked slimmer in the little facetime window. I always hated seeing it before because the angle makes even a slim person look like they have a double chin....I had a quadruple chin before but now it's just a double!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-19-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #101  
~Shannon

Cattails congratulations on crossing the one year mark! That is truly an achievement. I was at my goal weight in 1999 after doing Weight Watchers but I wasn't really watchful and 2 pounds turned into 5 turned into 8 and before I knew it I was in a bigger size and so on. Looking back I really regret not being more concerned. I had moved, started a new job, cut loose from a controlling boyfriend and was just happy to be in a better place so I didn't really care that much. That's also when I started binge eating. Blah! If I ever reach my goal again I will not be so complacent!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #102  
Michelle the Vegan

Shannon -- I hope you haven't melted from that drive yesterday!

Andrew -- Because getting to the gym can be so difficult, have you thought about doing a body weight routine at home? Burpees, pushups, lunges, jump squats, planks -- you can do a killer workout using just your own body weight. And you can do it at home whenever you have a spare 20 minutes (I can hear you shouting HA, right now at the idea of having a spare 20 minutes!) You can do all this stuff at the beach too!

I can't run on the beach any more, I used to LOVE doing that, but it wrecks my hips.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-20-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #103  

Still doing pretty well on plan. I did have a beer with FIL yesterday, but it was just one and light beer at that, so no real harm done. Light dinner yesterday, just some Volcano rolls, but the sauce was probably terrible for me. Wasn't that much so should be ok, calorie wise. Eating out is hard to judge calories on stuff like that though. I was watching part of a Dr. Oz show the other day and he was talking about pistachio nuts and their appetite curbing qualities so I have been eating about an ounce after work, before dinner the last couple of days and you know, he was exactly right. I haven't been hungry in the evenings AT ALL.

Michelle I actually have a gym in my house. Dreadmill, 600 pounds of free weights, a couple of benches, it's not getting there that's the problem, it's getting that "spare 20 minutes" that's difficult. I would love to add body weight routines in but I have a bum right wrist from something similar to carpal tunnel. I can lift all the weight I want to but I can't bend my wrist back and put weight on it. Makes me scream like a little girl. Pushups/plank is out of the question for now. Thanks for the suggestions though, as there is nothing wrong with my abs, unless you count the layers of fat over it. So I can do sit-ups and other things that would certainly qualify. I do jump rope a fair amount and am getting good at it. Your "20-minute" suggestion has got me thinking about how I can adjust my routines to accommodate shorter time frames when I don't have the hour I usually need to complete a full workout.

Shannon This is definitely not the time of year to be having AC issues. I have a truck with no AC right now and I can't drive it. Hope you managed ok.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #104  
~Shannon

We survived! As I predicted the first 15 min were painful but after that it cooled down enough to put the windows up and the rest of the trip was fine. We didn't leave to come back til 10 last night so the temp had dropped enough that the car was fine on the way home from the start. Saw the house, liked it but the yard is about the same as our current yard (small) so we will keep looking. It has a considerable man cave though so hubby may take a look in person when he is back. I think the only thing my trip accomplished in terms of real estate is both hubby and I seem to finally be on the same page about wanting to move. We love the area we live in but house prices are just crazy. To get more square feet we look at doubling our house cost to stay in the same general section of town. With my SIL getting ready to have a baby we are both wanting our daughter to be closer to family to have that experience in childhood. Hubby's family is very scattered whereas mine are pretty much in one place. So, we will keep looking. Personally I'd rather move in the spring than the fall because I really love Olivia's preschool but we'll see what happens.

Had an on plan day yesterday despite family wanting to eat out at pizza joint. Weight dropped just a tiny bit, fasting blood sugar still good. If I don't have some major change between now and Monday though I'm not going to have a loss for this week, grrr! Blasted nutter butters!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-20-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #105  
Michelle the Vegan

Andrew -- what a nice home gym you've got! Hope you can squeeze in some minutes for yourself, even if it isn't a full hour! Sorry about the wrist injury, OUCH!
Closed Thread