3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings June Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/296433-40-somethings-june-chat-thread.html)

Shannonsnail 06-07-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheddahcat (Post 5018967)
Hello. I've started with the weight loss support 3 weeks ago. Saw this 40 something group this morning while drinking coffee heading out the door for work. :wave: I'm 43 and battling some issues with menopause and started a new HRT this week. I had a begnign ovarian tumor at ripe old age of 31 and needed surgery to remove both ovaries hence menopause. I've found that the meds make me " sensitive and weepy" Guess my body doesn't know what to do with hormones anymore lol. Ok. Hope it's not tmi but looking forward to meeting some online friends here. Have a good weekend !

Welcome Cheedahcat!!

Shannonsnail 06-07-2014 09:31 AM

Zumba i am having alot of allergy issues too. I take allegra year round but have had to add a nasal spray. I've had 3 sinus infections since Dec. dr says my allergies are the culprit!

Michelle, Andrew and Cattails hubby is going to see Edge of Tomorrow today, it's all I've heard about for a week, lol! I'm not really into sci fi so he goes to those alone. He'll ask me about going to a movie and I always ask "vampires, zombies or aliens?" Lol! I'm not really "girly" at all but I prefer dramas and comedies when it comes to movies.

Ugh, my big weekend task is finding a new swimsuit. I hate swimsuit shopping, hate. But after one trip to the pool this week I decided my weight loss is putting my swimsuit's ability to stay on in question and no one wants me losing part of my swimsuit, lol!! That would be disastrous.

I also need to run a bunch of errands and I really wish a fairy would drop by and clean my house.

love2b150 06-07-2014 12:03 PM

thanks Cattails I'm trying to keep this scale moving ;) on the beans I just need to remember them :)

Michelle, I like them in burritos also but I mainly eat them plain with my cornbread ;) Michelle there are always chips and cookies open in the house. My skinny husband is a snack-aholic. Hope you made it through last night :hug:

andrew all of what you said is me from ordering (when I do eat out) to going to the gym (thank goodness my son wants to go), I need to be mindful of them and keep it together. Thank goodness my sweet tooth doesn't strike that often or I'd be up a creek :dizzy:

Marlene, wishing you the best in your search :)

cheddahcat :welcome: to the thread. :)

Shannon I think you'll enjoy swimsuit shopping once you start trying them on :) I need one too I should come join you :)

my weigh is just lingering 158-160. I would really like to break away and go a little further into the 150's BIG SIGH ...

Cattails 06-07-2014 09:49 PM

Rennie, this is your summer of the 150's! Holding still for a bit is I think good; lets your body get used to the new status quo, you know? I hear you on the nibbles in plain sight, we always have soda and chips and brownies sitting out here. Sometimes it surprises me but I mostly don't have any desire for them these days. Wish the rest of the family would restrain themselves more though!

Michelle, I liked Oblivion - nice twist there, don't you think? Can't have too many Tom Cruise's around IMO. ;)

Marlene, keep at it, I'm sure you'll find a spot that suits your skills and needs! Persistence will pay off here.

Zumba, feel better! :hug:

Shannon, if you come across a housecleaning fairy, please please send it my way!!

Welcome, cheddahcat! This is a chat thread so whatever you want to share is good! Hope your bod gets used to the new meds and settles down soon.

Saw Edge of Tomorrow and it was fun! I love going to the movies - want to see A Million Ways to Die in the West, too, that looks pretty funny. I ate too much popcorn though, and got home with a stomachache, smh. That'll teach me (maybe...).

Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend! :wave:

love2b150 06-07-2014 10:39 PM

LOL Cattails Thank you :), I need to first stay in the 150's ... I am having such a hard time but I remember the 170's gave me a run also. I'll figure it out I hope ;) A soda will last me forever. The kids will ask me for it because I'll drink a few ounces and put it in the fridge and I am done. I just need that taste :) Brownies I don't like but cake and ice cream :drool: not daily though. I don't know what brings on these urges for me. I will be fine and can pass all of the stuff I like right on by and then BAM all of a sudden I want every thing and there I go, eat eat eat eat, smh .... Hope your stomach ache goes away soon :hug:

cheddahcat 06-08-2014 03:07 AM

Thanks for the hello :wave: work again today. When we have to work a weekend it becomes 11 days without a day off and on call for emergencies from fri pm to mon am. Too long for me. The young nurses seem to handle this fine. Nope. Not me. I hate a disrupted routine. Lol. Anyway all this working puts a monkey wrench into my exercise walking. I have to have the phone with me at all times AND be no more than 20 mins away. I live in the Peak District of north west England ( if you have ever seen Wallace and gromit that's the area I live in). Anyway in the Peak District is 20 min JUST to get up a moor Nevermind down it lol. All I can do is some exercise in the house and stick to meal plan right? Ok everyone have a bangin day. :D

andrew80k 06-08-2014 09:20 AM

Decent weekend so far. No major deviations, but I did have a couple of beers on Friday night and a couple of GS cookies yesterday. I'll have to see what the scale says tomorrow.

Rennie I'm the same way. I can go along happily on my merry way without wanting any of the stuff I shouldn't have, then all of a sudden that's all I want.

cattails Taking both DD's to see EoT today in IMAX 3D. Looking forward to it.

Cheddahcat Any sort of cyclical schedule throws me off too. Hard to get in a manageable routine, when you don't have a routine to begin with.

Shannon DW is pretty good about going to see stuff with me, but she likes the vampire/werewolf stuff, which is ok, but not my thing, unless we're talking Bram Stoker type vampires. Zombies and Aliens are ok when they can present a viable cause, ie, I thought World War Z was pretty good though I had to be talked into seeing it. Aliens are a harder sell for me, because they are usually overdone, though I do like some of it. I take it on a case by case basis. Stuff like "Super 8" is pretty good.

love2b150 06-08-2014 06:28 PM

On movies I am not a sci-fi fan though I will watch them. I'm more of a horror movie nut but no one wants to watch them with me except my daughter and her husband. I had a good weigh in today 1.6 down to 158.2. Cattails I am in there just a little bit more :D

Cattails 06-08-2014 06:49 PM

:high: Rennie!

andrew
, did you see Cowboys and Aliens? I was pleasantly surprised by that one! I'm curious to see Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. LOL

Shannonsnail 06-09-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2b150 (Post 5019833)
On movies I am not a sci-fi fan though I will watch them. I'm more of a horror movie nut but no one wants to watch them with me except my daughter and her husband. I had a good weigh in today 1.6 down to 158.2. Cattails I am in there just a little bit more :D

I like those too Rennie but I've gotten wimpy in my older years. I watch scary movies on netflix til it gets too scary for me then I go to wikipedia online to find out how it ended, lol!

Cattails I have actually seen the Abe Lincoln movie, lol.

Well, hubby did not go to see EOT after all....he bought a new truck instead.....movie ticket....truck.....hmmm.....

andrew80k 06-09-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattails (Post 5019843)
andrew, did you see Cowboys and Aliens? I was pleasantly surprised by that one! I'm curious to see Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. LOL

Yep, I've seen both of them. I liked C vs A, as it was well done for the most part. Abe Lincoln V-hunter I would have liked better if they hadn't used ole Abe for the main character. I don't particularly like the use of historical figures in fantasy that much. It was entertaining though and the plot was decent.

I did see EoT yesterday and I liked it. It was entertaining.

I did pretty well this week and weekend. Down 2 pounds even for the week, which is dead on plan. Hard to argue with predictable results. I do want to see the gym more consistently this week though.

Rennie Fantastic job.

Shannon Nice for him. :)

love2b150 06-09-2014 08:00 PM

Thanks Cattails, I'm trying ;)

LOL Shannon that's funny. Chelle, her husband and I will watch horror movies all evening. My husband will go to sleep before he watches one. :) The only thing I don't like and won't watch is clowns. That movie IT creeped me out. I didn't like clowns before that anyway but that made it worse. :) That's also what I don't like about halloween. It's a major issue for me not to be able to see someones face, idk why, silly huh! Congratulations on the new truck and I hope Olivia starts to like it just as much as she liked the jeep :hug:

:congrat: Andrew on the 2lbs :high: and thanks, I am so trying to stay in the 150's.

Zumbachica 06-10-2014 07:33 AM

Hi all...well I'm happy to report a loss for a change. I haven't been this low in months! The 5:2 diet is really working even though I am not following exactly as it is laid out. Fasting has cut my appetite so I"m not eating alot even on non fast days. Don't get me wrong , I still have my moments but for the most part i'm not obsessing with food or grazing all day. I'm giving my body a chance to digest and burn fat. I think the extra exercise I have included is helping also. Yesterday i wore a pair of zumba pants that were way too tight for a long time. I still have a ways to go but I feel good....:) For a while there I thought that losing weight was physically impossible for me for some reason. Todays' goal: get that water down!

Zumbachica 06-10-2014 07:56 AM

LOVE2B I agree with you, clowns freak me out. They didn't when i was younger but for some reason now they give me the willies.

ANDREW Mazel on the 2 lbs.

CHEDDAH my hat goes off to all my friends that are nurses...i could never understand how they got along with such little sleep! Nurses are paid very well in these parts and I can totally understand why.

SHANNON Allergies tend to get me in the fall due to moldy leaves...and in the summer it depends on the pollen count..This is a bad year. I've been taking allegra D but am starting to feel like it isn't doing much, plus its so bloody expensive. I take two benadryls before I go to sleep. This cough is starting to play my nerves, I have to nip it in the bud before it becomes a full blown bronchitis.....

SNARK My team is in the stanley cup finals so believe you me, I am jonesin for some chips during the games....I won't buy any, but then i wind up wanting to nosh on something else instead. It is very frustrating!!!!

Mrs Snark 06-10-2014 10:39 AM

I'm glad to hear everyone enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow, something to look forward to! I read a review that said if Groundhog Day and District 9 had a baby it would be E o T. And since I liked both of those movies, I looking forward to seeing it. District 9 - wow was THAT a grabber of a movie!

I'm still chipless, my main goal for this month. Yay! I will admit to having some cranky moments over the weekend though. I'm only human.

Cattails - I did enjoy Oblivion, particularly the end. I like Tom Cruise in big actiony movies like that. I thought he was great in War of the Worlds.

Zumba -- I am rooting for the Rangers as I assume your are. My husband is rooting for the Kings. Bad husband, bad!

Welcome Cheddah! I am currently experiencing the joys of perimenopause which has body all flipped out. This does not make me a happy camper!

Rennie - Not a clown fan either. But I do like horror movies. Have you seen Cabin in the Woods?

Shannon - Wow, was that truck an impulse buy? How does that happen?