3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings June Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/296433-40-somethings-june-chat-thread.html)

Mrs Snark 06-26-2014 09:24 AM

Shannon -- It seems like every situation has difficulties when it comes to this sort of stuff. Most of them suck.

I'm sorry to hear your pup isn't really improving all that much, poor boy!

I am taking a break from the lawn work, it is already close to 90 already and humid and I thought I was going to pass out and be sick. Only about 1/4 of the back yard is left to do, but I just couldn't keep going. Oh summer, not a fan.

andrew80k 06-26-2014 09:56 AM

Worked a LONG time yesterday and am tired today. Didn't make my run due to the long work hours. Ugh! Still eating on plan which is good, but I do get weary of thinking about it, but I know I must, so I continue. I need a vacation. Fortunately I will be on one next week. :D I will be at the beach for about 9 or 10 days. I love the beach. It is still TBD if I will make my beach goal of 225 pounds. I was 228.2 this morning. Only about a half down for the week so far, but I will likely get a decent whoosh at some point in the next day or so. I think I will get pretty close. I still have a week. I bought some new jeans a few months ago and I bought the same size I always buy. Unfortunately they were pretty darn tight on me at 244. I put a pair on this morning and they fit great, so that's good. Unfortunately, by the time I'm done they are going to be WAY too big. :)

Michelle Good to see you. Hate that you have to go through those things. All of us that have aging parents will likely have to deal with some of this to a certain degree, but you seem to have more than your fair share. I hope it gets better for you and your family.

Zumba Thanks for the input. That seems to be a fairly common remedy for the "low-carb flu".

Shannon Sick pets are almost as bad as sick babies. You can't give 'em home remedies, you can't explain anything to them. Hope he improves.

Shannonsnail 06-26-2014 01:42 PM

Andrew, which beach will you be going to for vacation? Our next planned beach trip is in Sept in Duck. Regarding clothes, I had to buy a few new things and was surprised when I fit in essentially the same size as before but I've realized I had stretched out my older items significantly as I gained weight. It would be nice to be a smaller size but I fit much better in new items in my same sizes so at least I can still tell a difference despite the lack of actual size change.

Rennie, where did you disappear to??

Michelle, ugh, I need to mow.....dreading it, totally procrastinating.

My scale is stuck. I can see it sticking it's tongue out at me saying na na na boo boo. LOL! It did this a little over 10 lbs ago too but I had been cheating alot. I am not cheating now so hoping it's just a pause for adjusting to this weight. I had a goal to lose 8 in June and I'm just 1 pound short.

Mrs Snark 06-26-2014 02:39 PM

Andrew - you are so close, I bet you make that goal prior to vacay (which sounds like it will be lots of fun!)!

Shannon - I think you're probably going to have a a whoosh soon, your body is just adjusting back to the no-cheat life!

andrew80k 06-26-2014 03:08 PM

Shannon Headed to Cherry Grove in North Myrtle. I am so looking forward to it as I know you are looking forward to Duck. Yeah, my old stretched out clothes are suffering from too much stuffed into them over the last few years.

Michelle I'm hoping. Thanks for the positivity. (is that a word?) :D

Cattails 06-26-2014 11:21 PM

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL's health - that has to be very stressful to deal with, and having your mom in surgery as well. Hang in there and take care of yourself. :hug:

andrew, sorry to hear of your college mate as well, but that's good it's spurred you on to some positive changes. I'm really impressed with your BF%! I've used the Navy calc as well and think I measure up about 25%. :p As others have said, upping your calories is pretty easy, just add some nuts and avocado in when you need to - good fats there as well. And grats on the good fitting jeans! :yay:

Shannon, hope your pup is feeling more comfortable these days at least. How old is he?

:wave: to Zumba! I think you've done great at staying right around 150 through all the stresses you've had in the past several months - you're doing all right!

MrsTryingAgain, no yelling is coming at you from this corner - I too went for way too long without doctor care due to the same reasons and got really, really run down - dangerously so. I'm sure you'll be feeling WAY better once you get your issues dealt with. :)

And thanks for the support. I am trying to be watchful of myself; I just keep thinking how many years I was in denial about my health and watched myself gaining and gaining. I do not ever want to fall into that pit again!

Zumbachica 06-27-2014 09:10 AM

Hi everyone...had a tiny swoosh...I looked on fat secret and see that I have lost 7 lbs since May 14. You can't really tell, I can't really tell but I have and the scale is going in the right direction finally. Im determined not to put the weight back on and to keep going. I have a date tonight but plan on eating some seared yellowfin tuna and a salad......one cocktail.

Really worried about Sum...she had a strange headache yesterday and I haven't heard from her ..she said she was going to urgent care. Prayers everybody even though she doesn't post here anymore....

have a good day everyone. Today is my last Aqua class for the summer beause the day camp kids need the pool. I'm kind of happy, it means fridays off...but it also means less money for the summer. Oh well, i can't have it both ways.

Mrs Snark 06-27-2014 11:15 AM

Oh no, I'll be thinking of Sum -- let us know what you hear!

Zumbachica 06-27-2014 01:36 PM

Sum is okay....she thinks it was just a strange migraine...

andrew80k 06-27-2014 02:13 PM

I'm still on plan, but no whoosh yet this week. Not sure if upping my sodium levels is causing me to retain more water or what. I still need to drink more water though. I'm so glad it's Friday. 5 more days until I'm bound for the beach.

cattails It had been a while since I'd checked my BF% and that's as low as I've been in a LONG time. I got to 25% a couple of years ago. 25% for a woman is not bad. Heck, 25% for a man isn't bad either. I would just like to see my abs.

Zumba 7 pounds in 6 weeks is a nice loss. Congratulations. That's great. Glad to hear that Sum is ok too. She was a staple around here for a long time.

Zumbachica 06-27-2014 03:46 PM

Thanks Andrew,,,,may 12 is when i weighed in at 154....but i'm not going to get overjoyed, it would take one weekend to put that weight back on and t hen some...i've been teetering around and not consistently losing anything..very frustrating.

But I think have a handle on things now....or atleast I pray that i do.

Shannonsnail 06-27-2014 06:58 PM

Cattails he is 13 this coming week. He has collapsed trachea which makes him more susceptible to respiratory stuff and congestive heart failure. Most of the time though, he is well.

Zumba hope that Sum is feeling better today. Yay for good scale news!

Andrew I'm still going up on scale but totally on plan....hoping for a whoosh soon! Preferably by Monday! I want to hit my goal this month. I may have to start tracking my carbs/calories. I'm trying to avoid it as long as possible.

Finally got my car back and it seems to be fixed now. Bad news today though is my daughter has strep (and I suspect I will too) so we had to cancel her birthday party tomorrow.

Zumbachica 06-28-2014 04:40 AM

Hi all..its early morning and I can't sleep....i'll be paying the price for that tomorrow.....anyway I went out tonight and had a salad and seared tuna....tried to make good choices....tuna was served with lentils and spinach.....Im hoping to have another woosh by the end of the weekend but i doubt it given my son's graduation is on sunday and we will be going out to eat again....again, "ll try and make good choices....

Zumbachica 06-28-2014 04:46 AM

SHANNON. yes Sum is doing much better. It really scared me, my dad had a bad headache before his stroke so when she was describing how bad it was I got worried....she didn't go to the hospital , she slept it off....Funny how we get so close to people that we only know online :)

ANDREW the sodium may be halting your progress but better that than feeling sickly....;) keep doing what you're doing ...some beach time sounds good.

CATTAILS thanks for realizing how well i did despite all the stuff going on in my life....I definitely had my share of stress....Im hoping that i finally have a handle on it.

love2b150 06-28-2014 12:47 PM

Loving the positivity here and praying for healing for all, furry included :hug: YAY for every NSV big or small :high: It is funny how close we get to people we meet online. I have met some of the best friends that I have right here on 3FC. And like Andrew, Shannon and me that live so close it's strange but we will probably never meet but will likely remain connected through 3FC :hug:

I'm here not my best or even good. TOM is gone, throat is better off and on so it may be allergies since I don't have problems when I take Zyrtec. Though I have never had allergies before. Yesterday my upper abdomen started hurting really bad almost like labor contractions, they'd come and go. I ate some dry bran cereal and two Activia for breakfast not sure if that is what caused it or not. I haven't had a bathroom visit yet so that is likely my issue as usual, my stomach is sounding off. Weight is still up from June 1st and as of today I have 3.2lbs to get rid of. Hoping I can do it just to break even. It doesn't bother me to not lose but it does bother me when I have a gain for the month.