3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Back to finish what I started 2 years ago. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/296127-back-finish-what-i-started-2-years-ago.html)

andrew80k 05-23-2014 08:18 AM

Back to finish what I started 2 years ago.

In 2012 I lost 32 pounds. Half of what I wanted to get lost. Life got it in the way (at least that is the excuse I use :D ) and I didn't get any more lost that year. I didn't really gain any but I would get started again and then kind of drift away from my plan. So I hovered. I was determined by the beginning of 2013 that I would finish it and literally the morning I was going to start I fell down the stairs and hurt my knee :o . Too bad I didn't hurt the arm I use to eat with. :D Needless to say, my progress in 2013 was not good.

It took around 8 months or so to completely heal from the damage I did. Even worse the damage I did with my fork really set me back. I gained 22 pounds of the 32 pounds I lost in 2012. *Sigh*. I've been inconsistent since the beginning of the year, trying to get going but not getting myself mentally into it. The last few weeks I've been more consistent than I have been in the last 2 years and so I decided I would try some accountability to go along with a side of self-discipline.

I'm down about 7 pounds in the last month so I think I have it going again. I've been working out pretty consistently for the last few weeks too, which always seems to get me motivated as well.

So I weighed in at 237.8 this morning. The first time I've actually increased since I started back (I was 237.0 yesterday morning). Really hard lower body workout yesterday so I kind of expected it. I usually only "officially" weigh-in on Mondays. But I do spot checks throughout the week. I average about 1800 calories per day and average expend about 3000 calories a day. My workouts and exercise as well as my diet fluctuate a hundred or so calories per day depending. We'll see how it goes.

Shannonsnail 05-23-2014 01:46 PM

Welcome back!!

andrew80k 05-23-2014 02:54 PM

Thanks, Shannon. I also live in the Raleigh area. :)

andrew80k 05-25-2014 09:55 PM

Today was a rest day for me so no workout. Friday I ran 2.5 miles in 25 minutes and ate on plan. Yesterday I did upper body

5 sets of dumbell bench press
5 sets of military pressses
5 sets of pull-overs
5 sets of tricep push ups
5 sets of bicep curls.

I also jump rope between exercises. I'm getting pretty good at it. When I started I could hardly do 10 in a row, now I can do about 60 or 70. Tomorrow is lower body. Ate on-plan today as well. I'm just counting calories so nothing special about the plan except I can't do more than about 1800 or so calories.

andrew80k 05-26-2014 09:47 PM

Ran 2.40 miles in 25 minutes tonight. Struggled through it. Didn't have much energy for some reason, maybe it was because I did it kind of late. Nevertheless, I did it and I made it all the way through it. Yay me. Weighed in at 238.2 this morning, which bugs me. I guess it shouldn't as I know there will be ups and downs. I think maybe I got too much sodium from something I ate and it is causing me to retain some water. I guess we'll see.

andrew80k 05-28-2014 07:35 AM

Since I work on contract and Monday was a holiday, I have to make up my time for the holiday by working 10 hour days this week. Between getting home late and helping my kid with her final school project I didn't get my workout in last night which pains me greatly. I hate missing my workouts. I did weigh in this morning at 236.0 which is 8 pounds down since I started back up. I'll take it. This week is going to be TOUGH! Still ate my ~1800 calories, so even without my workout I had a decent deficit.