3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings May Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/295815-40-somethings-may-chat-thread.html)

andrew80k 05-30-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Snark (Post 5013385)
Andrew - I bet the Powder Puff derby is going to be fun! What do the cars looks like?

The Derby is always fun. This is the third year we've participated. The first year I had no idea what the theme was and didn't really know anything about it. So the cars were just cars and didn't perform well. Last year we still didn't know what the theme was until the cars were already done, but they performed much better.

This year the theme is "Up in the Sky" so one of them I cut and made a rainbow out of and the other has the Solar System on the top of it. I'll post pics this evening if anyone is interested.

love2b150 05-30-2014 09:36 AM

Shannon :welcome: back:hug: I hope you feel better soon. On a good note stomach problems usually eliminate all the bad stuck that went in so makes for a good weigh in :hug: Did y'all go to Water Country USA? My kids love it there.

andrew80k I miss the days of Power Puff Derby and the Pinewood Derby. My kids loved those. Sorry about the long days. :hug: Are they typical in the line of work that you do? If not I hope they end soon :hug: LOL yes it is nice when family helps :D We went to Food Lion and she bought marbled pound cake, and asked if I wanted some, of course I declined. Before that she offered me Penne pasta with chicken, smh. I think when you tell people that you don't eat/aren't eating/trying to stay away from certain things, they want to see if they can break you. I had long conversation with my Auntie about meat fat and cooked onion in vegetables. I told her that as I've gotten older my veggies are just fine steamed or sauteed as they are they have their own flavor but she insisted it won't hurt me. Anywho I told her that if I ate her veggies as I've done all of my life I would still eat them as prepared but if I cook them I will do without the additives ;)

Hi Michelle love the new avatar :)

I was a little nervous yesterday (last night) as you all know after eating the spinach artichoke dip from Applebee's. But I did well throughout the day with food, water and green tea and I am down 1.6 to 163.2. Losing more of this bloat.

Mrs Snark 05-30-2014 11:38 AM

Rennie -- bye bye bloat, yippeee! :)

Andrew -- Definitely post the pics, I'd love to see them!

Zumbachica 05-30-2014 04:03 PM

SNARK..Well don't you look cute in that hat? :smug:

SHANNON Welcome back...

worked out with my trainer this morning and then taught my aqua class, so Ill say i had a pretty good workout today!! Fell off the wagon last night and had stuff I shouldn't have been eating while the hockey game was on..not sure what triggered that. Back on the wagon today. My trainer is going to weigh me next week...ugh...so I really need to put in a good week. My appetite is definitely dropping since doing the 5:2. I'm not exactly sure why or how that works. Today is a down day, going out with friends tonight to a waterfront bar for some dancing and dinner and I already know what i'm ordering....so its all good :)

LOVE2B I'm not following the OA diet, doing my own diet, but I plan on getting a sponsor and going through the steps the way they are laid out. I find the phone meetings to be informative and motivating. :carrot:

Have a great night and weekend everybody! I'll be busy putting my office together, new desk comes tomorrow, i'm so excited! I think part of my "plan" includes being organized.....eerything else is a bit easier then, even dieting.....

love2b150 05-30-2014 11:14 PM

Yes Michelle, thank you, yippee is right :carrot:

Yay Zumba on knowing what you'll eat ahead of time :high: Organizing just feels good :) Have fun :) ... I have to follow the OA plan (at least the best I can) no sugar, bread, flour, but it's no different than most low carbing I guess if done correctly. I just like seeing it in print and it's easy to log on MFP also. And I wasn't hungry, just hope I can keep this mindset until I am deep into the 150's :crossed:

I made it to the gym today thanks to my son. It was like starting all over again. I haven't been on a treadmill since May 8th, smh. Did 3.9 miles, felt good and I was happy to be done :) Hoping for a nice weigh in tomorrow to end the month :crossed:

MarleneV 05-31-2014 01:21 AM

Hi all. Rough week, DH forgot it was our anniversary on Thurs, got mad at me the night before mostly because he was having a bad day otherwise. I was doing something for his business but he didn't want to answer questions. He didn't even thing of it until Thurs am when I said Happy Anniversary to him... Then he felt really bad since he forgot! He had a bad day at work Thurs too,and had to stay late. We went out for dinner this evening instead.

I've had some really good op days, but still not down on weight.

Cattails 05-31-2014 02:59 AM

Aw, Marlene, sorry for your tough week! You'll get those extra lbs. off in no time. :) Happy belated anniversary.

andrew80k, the derby cars sound really cute! Definitely post pics. :D

Shannon, sorry your vacation got cut short; at least it was only by a couple days anyway. Hope you're feeling better now.

Hi Rennie! Ouch on that spinach dip; what the heck do they put in that stuff?!! 3.9 miles, that's awesome. :crossed: for your weigh-in!

Michelle, you look fab as always!

Zumba, there is something about having your environment organized that soothes the mind. :) I'm so glad you're finding strategies that work for you!

Hope everybody has a terrific weekend. :D

Zumbachica 05-31-2014 11:21 AM

Hey all..holding steady on that 149/150 fence. So frustrating....I didn't make it to kickboxing today because I had to go to the post office and pay my property taxes along with the fact that I am tired from being out late last night (girl's night out)....I had one beer last night and some junky bar food but it was the only thing i had to eat all day. Apparantly that junky food was enough to make me not lose a lb...so frustrating....but i'm going to keep chugging along....new office furniture is coming today! I can't wait to be organized.

love2b150 05-31-2014 11:53 AM

:hug: Marlene, sorry about the rough week. HAPPY belated ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND :) You'll get that scale moving down soon :)

Thanks Cattails :), I've made it at home also. I'll have to do it again and see how many calories I come up with. :)

Zumba, junky bar food equals water gain. Chug your water and you'll see a better weigh in tomorrow :) Have fun setting up and organizing your office :)

... thank goodness for treadmills and 8 full hours of sleep. :carrot: for me!!! Y'all know I had a really rough time staying OP this month but thanks to a few tips from some really good friends here and on MFP I got it together these last few days. It was really water weight with all of the ups and downs. I am ending today May 31 with only a .8 gain for the month and my fbs this morning was 98. I have not seen it that low EVER. (actually I did when I was on insulin while pregnant with the last two children) but not after being diagnosed with type II in 2011. What a blessing. I am very very happy, it's a good day :)

andrew80k 05-31-2014 02:37 PM

Will definitely post the pics when I can.

Pretty decent day op yesterday. Weighed in at 234.0 this morning so down the first 10 pounds and gut measurement is down 2 inches. So making great progress so far. Doing this on my phone while waiting for my kid to race her car. More later.

Mrs Snark 05-31-2014 03:32 PM

CONGRATS Andrew! That's awesome!

It is so hot and humid here today, blaaahhhhhh. It has looked like it is about to storm any minute all. day. long.

Other than a storm of mosquitoes it hasn't happened, wish it would, it might cool it down!

Shannonsnail 05-31-2014 03:54 PM

Still sick over here but I'm hoping it will subside soon. I am eating like crazy. You would think I'd have no appetite (one can wish...) but no, I guess because I'm not really absorbing what I am eating I am starving! Oh well, it happens. I am hoping to start fresh tomorrow. It's a new month and hopefully I'll be feeling better. My energy level is better today so I hope that tomorrow will be even better. I had a strong on plan month in April but May has been more off than on....but I expected that bc of all the celebrations in the month. Rennie's post made me look at my notebook though and yowzers, I only lost 2 lbs in May (comparing 5/1 to 5/31). I spent most of the month bouncing around rather than actually losing. For me that confirms that I need to get back to strict low carb. My body obviously responds well to that and totally stalls when I let sugar and starches back in. I am thinking though it is good my body essentially spent a month at a 20 lb loss, it should be well adjusted now and ready for the next 10 lbs, right?!

love2b150 05-31-2014 04:26 PM

andrew80k :congrat: on 10lbs GONE and 2 inches in the waist would have me grinning from ear to ear, GO YOU :)

Michelle we have clouds, then sunshine also ... it's only 81 here and I said after the winter we had I won't complain this year about the heat :)

Shannon :congrat: on 21lbs GONE :high: ... this is me all the way --> I spent most of the month bouncing around rather than actually losing. For me that confirms that I need to get back to strict low carb. My body obviously responds well to that and totally stalls when I let sugar and starches back in. Right on the next 10lbs, go for it.

Made it to the gym, my shins hurt and my stomach started to hurt while on the treadmill,not sure why. My burn wasn't as good as yesterday only 3.78 miles but I did something so that's what matters, right!? :)

andrew80k 06-01-2014 11:56 AM

Happy June! Hopefully, June will be a productive month for all us 40-somethings.

Started May @ 244 and ended @ 234. That's about as good as I can expect. No alcohol for me for more than a week as well. Yesterday was my first sugar in 2 weeks. I didn't go overboard so that's good as well.

DW is out of town for 2 weeks so it's just me and the kids. Should be an exhausting couple of weeks.

Rennie Sounds like you know what works for you. Just need to get to doing it... :D

Michelle Thanks! I like the hat...

Shannon Hope you feel better. Between vacation and being sick it's hard to maintain your focus, so you have done well considering.

Derby yesterday was fun and my youngest ended up with a medal, so that's progress. Pics below of the cars...

http://descentintofatness.files.word...-107.jpg?w=510
http://descentintofatness.files.word...-105.jpg?w=510

Zumbachica 06-01-2014 09:44 PM

Andrew..those are awesome pine derby cars, brought back alot of memories...I actually made one the year I was cub scout leader, it was pink and had a little doll on it and hearts..LOL...

Love2b how are your sneakers ? are they old? when my sneakers start to get worn down is when my shin splints act up..not fun....hope you feel better now. and good for you for getting on that dread mill...

Shannon hope you feel up to snuff soon. I think keeping off 20 lbs is a huge achievement.....

Snark I am dreading the humid days of summer here, and the mosquitos that come along with it. Living near water doesn't help the matter at all.....I know we had a bad winter and i shouldn't complain about it being summer but summers here are brutal.....swamp like....

Hey, does' anyone know what happened to Heidi? haven't seen her since our last challenge.........things that make you go hmmmmm :?: