3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Somethings May Chat Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #46
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

We made it to our vacation destination safely and will get started at the parks tomorrow. Eating so far is ok....not "on plan" but not how I used to eat either, somewhere reasonable in the middle. I'm just hoping for no more than a 5 lb gain when I return bc I know it will mostly be water and can be gotten rid of fairly quickly without me feeling like I've negated the work of the past two months.

Start 3/25/14
Mini goals #1: Onederland! -MET! 4/11 #2: 10% loss = 189.8 -MET! 5/20 #3: Pre-pregnancy weight (173)

My blog: http://shannonssliceoflife.blogspot.com/
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:28 PM   #47
love to be a lower weight

S/C/G: HW 220/SW 197.2/ticker/GW 132

Height: 5'3

Catching up

Marlene, I hate that everything is online, impersonal.

Cattails, no it's ris-sa probably sounding the same way Risa sounds DH loves to take me out, who am I to complain? <-- I wish mine did and manage it by eating vegetable-heavy meals and keeping a good eye on portions. <-- I applaud you, you are so good The reenactments are great in Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens fun fun and more fun Yum fresh veggies

Zumba, the sodium in garlic anything is amazing to me, unless it's fresh garlic. So that could have been it 5:2 isn't work for me either, but honestly nothing is. I am just not focused. Glad the trainer is working for you, have fun at the kickboxing classes and sorry to hear about the break up. Stay positive my friend

Shannon I love Williamsburg. Have fun I love time shares also and you're right the only thing you will probably eat there is breakfast and evening snacks

I'm not doing so well. I can't stick to anything for the life of me. I am taking it day by day with hopes of keeping my calories and carbs at a decent number (so far that has rarely worked)

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #48

S/C/G: 154/see signature/130

Height: 5 foot 5

Wound up having a date last night it was a nice surprise to the end of the weekend. I still managed to get below 150....FINALLY!!!!!

Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #49

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Wound up having a date last night it was a nice surprise to the end of the weekend. I still managed to get below 150....FINALLY!!!!!
Yay for you on both!

30% BF: 04/15/2014
25% BF: 06/23/2014 (24%)
20% BF:
15% BF:
10% BF:
8% BF (Goal!):
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #50

LOVE2B..have you thought about OA? Given that you are spiritual and believe in a higher power maybe it will help? I'm starting it now.

SHANNON enjoy your trip! I find that on trips like that all the walking definitely does help...

Im up a pound but not worried. I really like this new diet although I'mnot getting it down perfectly. i find that it is helping me control my appetite. I don't feel so restricted about carbs anymore...I know that if I have some but stay within a decent amount of calories that i'm okay....and that on fast days it isn't the end of the world because i'll be seeing food again in the future. I start my kickboxing class finally tonight...i hope i have enough energy for it at the end of the day. The fact that three other friends are doing it helps.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #51

Good for you Zumba, and on the date, hope you had a good time No I don't know what OA is. Do tell

andrew80k

Yesterday I ate 2446 calories and 294 carbs. I had a feast with dry frosted flakes last night. My true true weakness. I'm attempting a fast today until dinner which I will eat before we go to church. Like Sum and Zumba and maybe others have said here before, I will definitely not starve since I once again almost doubled my calorie intake yesterday.

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track
Old 05-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #52

love2b OA is a 12 step program, similar to AA. There are in person, phone and online meetings you can attend. You can get a sponsor. Its free except for non obligatory donation. Im turning towards them as a last resort, because my eating and bulimia past has to do with feelings and not with hunger or DNA, etc.

oH and you asked about the date, yes I had a very nice time. But Ive learned not to take this dating thing too seriously.

Last edited by Zumbachica : 05-28-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #53

Hey..where is everybody hiding out???

Kickboxing last night was amazing...hard class....really kicked my buttooski and I needed that kind of cardio to really kick things up a notch. I can't wait to go again on Saturday.

Weight is below 150 but not by much...still i'm happy to see the 140s....

I haven't had a binge in a while and it feels good....

Old 05-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #54

Been working 10 hour days this week and helping my kid with her final project and still working 2 jobs, though the second requires minimal time on my part and I get to do it from home. So I know there are going to be times where I don't get my workouts in, but it's still frustrating.

Having said that I missed my run last night, which doesn't make me happy. But I stayed on my plan and ate only what I was supposed to which is good and I stepped on the scale this morning for a spot check and I'm down to 235.6, which is great. So despite my struggles I'm still headed in the right direction.

Zumba Glad you enjoyed the kickboxing. It really is a good workout.

20% BF:
15% BF:
10% BF:
8% BF (Goal!):
Old 05-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #55

Zumba glad you had a good time on your date I'm liking the sound of your excitement. Kickboxing is what you probably needed to challenge you since you are already a kickbutt Zumba instructor, I'm happy for you And yay on being under 150 keep up the great work I copied the OA low carb eating plan and I have everything all mapped out on MFP. hanks for telling me about it. My plan is to take one day at a time and be as disciplined today as I was yesterday with my fast

andrew80k, nice weigh in, good job on sticking to plan

Thanks to my fast day doing the 5:2 plan I am down 3lbs of bloat. Yesterday was the first fast/down day that I have done correctly. Today is normal eating and I WILL STICK TO MY PLAN

Last edited by love2b150 : 05-29-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 PM   #56
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/120/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm here, I'm here! Sorry for the neglect, Zumba, but I am so happy to hear your current positivity! Good job on being binge-free, do you think the 5:2 is helping with that?

Rennie
, on losing some bloat and managing the 5:2!

andrew80k
, for staying on plan!

I've not been getting in workouts at all, but I've been doing other things around here like gardening and housework, cleaning fish tanks. I just don't have enough energy to workout and get projects done...so it's one or the other and the projects have been put off for too long. Eating has been fine and my weight is staying around 117 these days, which is okay with me, I'm comfortable and fitting into 2s and 4s. So all is well here.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #57

Thanks Cattails, I'm hoping that today is another good day for the scale. My SIL showed up with Apple Bee's spinach artichoke dip and I ate a few forks of that, no chips. But the calories in a half serving are 765 according to their site. I don't know if that's with or without chips. My carbs were at 85 for the day and I don't think that's bad either but TOM is trying to show up so who knows.

Last edited by love2b150 : 05-29-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #58
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

We are home from vacation. We were supposed to stay til Saturday but left this afternoon bc my husband lost a filling and needs to get to the dentist tomorrow. We had a good time but didn't do all we wanted bc we expected to have more time. Oh well.... I have been sick all day with, let's just say tummy problems. I'm not sure if I have food poisoning or am having a bad reaction to a new med I started two weeks ago or what. I hope I feel better tomorrow, heading to bed.

Start 3/25/14
Mini goals #1: Onederland! -MET! 4/11 #2: 10% loss = 189.8 -MET! 5/20 #3: Pre-pregnancy weight (173)

My blog: http://shannonssliceoflife.blogspot.com/
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #59

It's finally(!) Friday. I thought it would NEVER get here. My child is in the band at her school and her spring concert was last night. I went straight from work to that, then came home and finished helping my kids build their Powder Puff Derby cars which they race on Saturday. So I missed my workout for a 3rd day in a row, but I am going to get my run in today, no matter what. These 10 hour days are killing me.

But I only ate 1500 calories yesterday which is well below plan, and the daily spot check was 235.2 this morning. So despite missing my workouts I'm still heading in the right direction. Life will be back to "normal" next week and I'm not planning to take any days off this weekend, though Sunday is my down day usually.

Shannon welcome back, hope you feel better. We love Williamsburg too.

Rennie Take it one day at a time and you'll eventually get there. It is a marathon after all. Isn't it nice when family helps?!

cattails You are doing great in maintenance.

20% BF:
15% BF:
10% BF:
8% BF (Goal!):
Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #60
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Andrew - I bet the Powder Puff derby is going to be fun! What do the cars looks like?

Shannon - I hope your tummy settles quick!

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 05-30-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.