3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings: Struggles Welcome Here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/295247-40-somethings-struggles-welcome-here.html)

Zumbachica 05-06-2014 09:10 AM

Shannonsnail someone i know lost a ton of weight not eating breakfast, I think it was part of the intermittent fasting thing...but it just didn't work for me, maybe because if you do that then you need to make up for it with a huge lunch and i never eat big lunches. So that experiment is another epic fail, and I'm back to eating a big breakfast and we will see how that works out this week. This morning i had two hard boiled eggs, a banana (I only have fruit in the morning) with peanut butter. I think the goal here is to eat a light dinner or finish eating dinner earlier and then no snacks or binges. My binges are always at night. I think part of that is because it hits me how alone i am, the kids are in their rooms on outers and its just me and the dog in front of the t.v...she's cute but she doesn't offer much in terms of conversation.....:)

ICUwishing 05-06-2014 09:25 AM

Zumba, it's really tough to have those evenings in isolation - I feel ya! My DH has been traveling on business Mon-Fri since early February - and wouldn't you know it, that's exactly when my extra pounds started creeping back on. DS14 will hole up in the office downstairs, or is gone all evening on rehearsals ... and yeah, it's lonely and I'll do dumb things. I need a better plan for doing productive things with my evenings.

Mrs Snark 05-06-2014 09:37 AM

Becky -- Been there, done that. I swear sometimes the battle just wears you down, doesn't it! *sigh* As you said, today is another day! :)

Zumba -- Sorry the breakfast skipping seemed to backfire on you! Hang in there!

Zumbachica 05-06-2014 02:24 PM

ICUwishing, yeah i'm glad that i'm not the only one....honestly i didn't think that was the problem but figured out it is, because that is when i binge or eat stuff i shouldn't be eating. I guess if there was another able bodied person around I wouldn't be stuffing my face, id have someone to talk to ..someone told me to take up knitting or crochet to keep my hands busy but I didn't like doing those things in the past. I dropped out of crochet class..LOL...

Snark i guess what works for other people won't work for me....like the whole fasting thing....i give people credit that can do that.

shr1nk1ngme 05-06-2014 02:39 PM

Struggling to stay back on the diet wagon after a few weeks away. I mean, I have been maintaining (not gaining) but I still have a little ways to go and I don't want to get stuck here so close to my goal.

I already bumped my goal up by 5 pounds to make it more achievable. I also entered a diet bet for $30. If I don't lose 5.5 pounds in four weeks, I lose the $30. I figured it might motivate me to stay on plan.

Shannonsnail 05-06-2014 05:13 PM

I might have just eaten some reeses cups....

Mrs Snark 05-06-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannonsnail (Post 4999197)
I might have just eaten some reeses cups....

The world will not implode and you will survive. :)

Shannonsnail 05-06-2014 09:49 PM

True dat.

Note to self: Tomorrow is Wednesday....you may NOT weigh again til Friday....maybe the effects of giant off plan anniversary dinner will have worn off by then...maybe

FatAbbi 05-06-2014 11:10 PM

I'm scale addicted these days.... Ugh.

ICUwishing 05-07-2014 09:19 AM

Figured things out a little better yesterday - I hit the door with firm resolve to tackle a couple items from my list immediately after dinner. It kept me sufficiently busy that I didn't troll the pantry, and it did feel really good to go to bed knowing *something* got accomplished. Tonight I will suck it up and go to swim practice. It won't be pretty as I've taken a couple weeks off.

shannon - ditto what Mrs. Snark said. Move along, nothing to see here ... !

shrinking - I love the idea of those bets - is that the online one where if you don't make it, it goes to charity?

Abbi - addicted how? Multiple times a day? I'd say with 92 pounds lost, you probably already know a whole lot about how scale numbers move - what are you looking at differently now?

zumba - yeah, I'm not a crafty person. It's spring, so getting outside and pulling weeds or digging is a little more my style. Generally, if my hands are dirty, I'm not going to use them to stuff my face. And yardwork has the added benefit of being instantly gratifying. :D

shr1nk1ngme 05-07-2014 09:22 AM

OK, so I have been on a kind of intermittent fasting/calorie cycling plan called JUDDD. Today is supposed to be a DownDay (a low-calorie, near-fasting day) but I have been off of my JUDDD rotations for weeks. Each DownDay starts out well, but by the end of the day it has turned into a regular eating day, which is why I have been maintaining and not losing any more. If I want to lose these last 15 pounds, I will have to stick diligently to my DownDays.

So, before I go to bed tonight I will report back here to say whether I was able to stick to my near-fasting plan for the day - or not.

berryblondeboys 05-07-2014 09:30 AM

This morning when I got up and weighed myself (bleery eyed), I thought the scale had stayed the same from yesterday. I was going to be MAD as that would mean, essentially, my weight has been the same for roughly 3 weeks with being 100% on plan!

But... after seeing the readout, I realized, no... it had dropped a full pound. FINALLY. Man.... This weight is being super, duper stubborn.

I used to say, "it took years to put it on, so there is no need to rush to take it off. be patient"

Well, when you DID put on the weight fast, this SLOW loss really bites and it's not even that slow, but I definitely can put it on faster than I can take it off!

shr1nk1ngme 05-07-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICUwishing (Post 4999541)
shrinking - I love the idea of those bets - is that the online one where if you don't make it, it goes to charity?

I am pretty sure if you don't reach your diet bet goal, the money goes to the people who DID make their goal. That's how the dieters who succeed are able to win more than they put in. But some people pledge their winnings to charity, which is probably what you are thinking of.

It bothers me that it's called a diet "bet" because it's NOT gambling. I tried to explain it to some friends but they are put off by the idea that it is online gambling, which it isn't. You are only "betting" on yourself and your OWN ability to achieve your weight goals. There is no chance involved. It's like paying yourself to lose weight.

So far I have won about $60 (over and above what I put in) using their web site. I wish I had known about it when I first started because that's when I was losing weight like crazy and I could have made beaucoup bucks. I am currently in a 4 week "bet" where I have to lose 4% of my weight, and a 6 month "bet" where I have to lose 10% of my weight. These are REALLY modest goals. 4% of 136 is 5.5 pounds; totally achievable in four weeks. I have already achieved the 10% goal, so now I only have to make sure I keep it off because the payout isn't until August. When that payout comes in August, I expect to win about $100 (again, over and above what I put in).

Mrs Snark 05-07-2014 09:49 AM

Melissa -- glad you got some confirmation on the scale!

Patience and Perseverance: we will practice these things WHETHER WE LIKE THEM OR NOT. And I'm usually in the NOT category. ;)

ICUwishing 05-13-2014 02:20 PM

Reporting in. No new struggles ... but a few old ones still need a swat now and then. Kinda like me. :D I dishonored myself enough on Monday to cause a 4# jump today. :eek:

What I need is a public webcam running on the goings-on in my kitchen from about 3 - 7pm. I've seen me in action - I think this could work! ;) I don't like witnesses.