3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

Old 03-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #76

S/C/G: 154/see signature/130

Height: 5 foot 5

Sum why don't you buy ear plug just to make sure water doesn't get in your ear?
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #77

fell off the wagon today..had a hard day with my son , and that's all it took. Will fast tomorrow to make up for it.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #78

S/C/G: 253.2/226.4/140

Height: 5'6"

I am in weighed in at 202.8 3/21. I think I can get below 190 especially on this regimen the personal trainer has me on. Went through BK today. Bought my daughter onion rings and the dog bacon-cheeseburger. Not hungry so I had none.

Sum: glad to hear your ear is getting better. I like that hairstyle.

Zumba: puppy doing better with crate training? Is he less clingy?

Rennie: sorry to hear about your son wanting to eat all the time. I have the same struggles with my daughter.

Heidi: what the heck is butternut possule soup?

Catails: feel better soon.

Susan: I have yet to find that quark. I heard about it in a magazine. Good? Great job on your goals.

Apple blossom: great job on the run. It's always good to be rewarded.

Chubby mum & notsofatabbi. And anyone else I missed hope all is well.
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
-Marsha Doble
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #79

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

I'm weighing on tues this week as it'll be 6 months since baby no 4 was born and for no particular reason I want to know how much I've lost at that point.

Weekends are hard for me too - DH tends to cook and his curries etc always seem to be richer and more salty than mine. I feel like it takes me till mid week to drop the water weight.

My fitness is actually good at the moment - which is great but not good for weight loss. I'll have to run harder or for longer, I suppose. I'd love to go to the gym but I run at night time as it is and I usually come back to the baby needing a breast milk top up, half the dishes (cos DH has been with the baby) and the school stuff to sort out. I know lots of mums make their kids do their own school bag organisation but my big kids are only 7 and 6 and for now I still see that as my job.

Speaking of jobs, I'm going back very very part time in a few months, really only to stay in touch rather than anything else. My task this week is to sort out child care I'm comfortable with - I'll probably only do 2 mornings/week.

Hope everyone is well.
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #80
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Morning

Sun is out!! It is cold though

I had a pretty good OP day yesterday.
B - None
L - Salad w/smoked salmon, few crackers w/cream cheese
D - Porkloin w/veggies
S - Apple w/pb, orange

Cals around 1200.

I was down a bit, weight wise. The 140 by Friday feels reachable now.

I walked my pup, lifted weights and even swam (I did not even think about earplugs Zumba, thanks).

So overall I feel like that I am back on track, I am starting to meet my exercise goals. Next week I will track them.

Today I skipped my aerobics class; I slept in. I was getting tired of the 7:30 am alarm going off on Sundays for an aerobic class. So I will power walk on treadmill for 60 min and walk my pup for another 60 min. That should be enough exercise for the day -- I slept till 10 am I think my ear is still making me sleepy eventhough I feel 70% better than I did last week, not back to 100% yet though.

My car is sick It needs some transmission work done, it only has 40000 miles on it. Bummer, huh? Luckily my DH is really handy with cars and he will fix it himself. What could have cost us 1000's of $$ will be less than $1000 in parts. -- He likes when I keep him company when he tinkers with the cars; I am hoping for a warm day

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #81
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Zumba, I like your chicken ticker, how appropriate

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #82

SUM I change my ticker with every challenge to make it theme oriented, only to fail the challenge...LOL..I have to laugh at this point.

CHUBBYMUM: I always felt it to be so exciting losing weight after babies, and seeing my body shrink back to where it was supposed to be. I am not going to say it was easy, but it was way easier than me trying to lose weight now at 47...i guess my metabolism has died.....

CARMA thanks for asking about puppy. She is doing better. She doesn't cry as much. I have her in the crate at night for more hours...she wakes up once to go potty and I put her back...the less time she's in my bed the better. Even the vet said she is way too small a puppy to take her into bed, if she falls she can injure her head and the fontanel is still open which is common in chihuahuas

NEWLEAF I love how your daily food includes carbs like bananas and other things and you still lose weight. A very healthy diet indeed....I'm not sure if it would work for me....

Old 03-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #83

Well I fell off the wagon yesterday but i'm not going to kick myself over it, its done. I'm still determined to lose this weight by May 14. I took a hike today with BF....I was FREEZING.....it was a nice walk on a lovely trail....I just wish it were warmer.....not sure how many calories we burned but it was better than staying home....

I'm trying to figure out how exactly to fix the fact that i'm an emotional eater. There has to be a book on the subject somewhere. I think I definitely need some kind of behavior modification.....my problems aren't going anywhere soon.....

The boys want Outback for late lunch/early dinner ....I think the food there is awful....so much salt...but i ordered a sesame salad with chicken, on my way to pick it up now...I love curbside pick up...the epitome of laziness....LOL.....I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.

I won't be weighing myself until Wednesday.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #84
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/120/128

Height: 5'3"

Susan, you're so lucky with your kilos and quark! LOL

Carma, nice going on the drive-thru!

Chubby, I hear that - my DH does half the cooking here and always uses more oil and salt than I do; and his food often tastes the better for it, darn it!

Sum, I see that mojo shining through your posts! Hope your ear and car are back to 100% soon.

Zumba, glad to hear the puppy is settling in. I believe there are lots of books on emotional eating. Have you ever read any of Geneen Roth's writings? She's all about emotional eating. And The Beck Solution seems to be based on some kind of behavior modification - I don't know from any personal experience but it might be helpful to you. With your determination, you will master your challenges! Hope your Sunday was wonderful as well.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #85
seeking balance

Scale's back at 116, though barely, so my ticker stays the same. But I'm really happy to see that my measurements are continuing to go down little by little - yay! This strength stuff must be doing something. I keep asking my husband if my arms look weird - they're all muscle-y like. He says not to worry so I guess they're okay, but he likes to tell me to "show him the guns!"

Yesterday:
B: oatmeal with dried fig, banana and walnuts
L: green salad topped with fajita-style chicken and veggies
D: small chicken caesar salad, boiled broccoli with thai peanut sauce, a little corned beef
S: coffee with creamer, dark chocolate

E: 30 minute walk, 85 minutes strength circuit, 15 minutes yoga/stretching
Old 03-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #86

Cattails...85 minutes seems like a really long time for a strength circuit..exactly how many different machines are you using or are you doing free weights as well?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #87

S/C/G: 253.2/226.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, did the exercise bike today. Torture device. I wanted to do that over running as I did squats, lunges, hamstring curls, kickbacks.

I will be out to eat tomorrow night. We are closing on our home equity loan. I think I will have to skip piloxing. May bring clothes just in case. If not I will run. Most restaurants are accommodating with double veg. It's the sodium that kills you.

Catails: impressive on the guns. When they measured me my neck and upper arm are the same. I would kill for some guns.

Sum: 70% is better than you were doing. Small steps. Sorry to hear about your car. Huge money saving for you having your husband fix it for only parts cost.

Chubby mum: jealous of having a husband that cooks curry. I love curry. I can't believe the baby is 6 months.

Zumba: glad the puppy is better. I hear you on the emotional eating. No chance you could go for an emotional walk?

Everyone else hi!
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
-Marsha Doble
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #88

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA. Had some exchange students and DD here for spring break, so between them and work, I've been pretty busy. Food mostly OP though and weight in range at 125.5 this am. Little real exercise, got one walk in, no 30DS so will have to start back on that... The exchange students wanted to ride a mechanical bull, so did that one night, I think that counts for something.

Down to the last 3 weeks of tax season now, and by the time those are done we should be into our really nice weather too. Then I'll figure out what my real goals are for the next few months, both diet/exercise as well as for work.

Sum & Cattails, sorry you've not been feeling 100%. I'm very pleased to say that since I've lost the weight & gotten more fit, I've not been sick, not even a major cold. DH & DD both have gotten sick this year, i would usually follow suit. Could also be the vitamins & supplements I'm taking are helping. I take a good multi, B complex, 1000 mg C, eye vitamins and a calcium supplement.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:08 AM   #89
seeking balance

Zumba, it was a new routine for me so I went through it verrrryyy slowly! It should take a lot less time but I'm still counting it! Heehee... And it's free weights and body weight stuff, I don't go to a gym.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:54 AM   #90
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126k/102.1/60k

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hi everyone

Cattails and Carma, I like quark. There's also one I buy Stratciatella, which is vanilla with chocolate chips, and I always keep this in the fridge because it's not too high in calories (about 150 in the pot) and it's like a dessert, plus it has good stuff like protein and calcium. I like yogurt, too, but this has a bit more protein and is a bit more... decadent? Due, I guess to being less sour...

Zumba, I'm sorry you're struggling and I second Cattails that many of Geneen Roth's books might be just what you need. It might be worth giving them a try. Helped get me out of the yo-yo and into a life.

Chubbymum and everyone else on the subject of (my) DH cooking: No. Just... No. Liters of oil and the food doesn't taste better Love him, but... No.

Lol on the length of Cattails' workout: at the beginning I was also a bit slow and when I emerged from the living room my husband said "wow, two hours, that's substantial!" I just looked at him and said, "So am I." at the time I was well over 250. I settled in and now it takes about 45 min.

Went running in the snow this morning (yuk!) but WENT EFFING RUNNING. PERIOD. Total win!

Stay warm and healthy, everyone, I'll see you tomorrow after weigh-in.

History!: Obese Category III Goals Achieved:Obese II (<110kg) Sept 4-13
Goals: Obese I (<95kg) Overweight (<82kg) Normal range (<68kg) Ideal (60kg)
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.