3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/293839-40-somethings-dance-like-chicken-day-challenge.html)

FatAbbi 03-20-2014 11:17 PM

Maybe AlmostTrimAbbi lol

newleaf123 03-21-2014 06:42 AM

160.6 this AM, so down 3.5 this week. Must have been water. So I guess now the work begins... 6 pounds left for Chicken Day, almost 8 weeks. Totally doable. I just have to do it...

Sum38 03-21-2014 09:16 AM

I forgot to weigh in this morning, I slept until very last minute :-) I am at the ENT 's office, hopefully I will find some relief for my ear. All I want to do is sleep.
I think I ate too much of my chili yesterday :O I feel a bit bloated.
My size eights feel tight, which is making me sad. I need to get my mojo back, hopefully one this ear feels better I'll be more motivated.
I don't know if I will get any exercise in today.
Plan for today is
Bfast none
Lunch salad with veggies and salmon
Dinner chicken with veggies

Magicsusan 03-21-2014 09:48 AM

Cattails, I'm glad you liked the video- I bet a workout like that would burn some serious calories, not to mention what it would do for your stamina! As far as counting in kilos is concerned, it has ad-and-disad-vantages. I have fewer to lose, but it takes longer till I've lost one too :D I need to lose about 100 pounds- that sounds waaaaay too big!

Sum, I am so far behind on this thread, I'm on page four where you say you're going to the ENT- I'll read on and cross my fingers for you, ear pain and the accompanying grogginess is no fun! :hug: Oh, I see you're just now at the ENT. Hope all goes well and you get your amazing energy back!

Heidi, good luck with the 6 pounds. If you struggle, there are people here who will be happy to frying-pan you- out of love, of course! ;) but I doubt you'll need it.

Abbi, Apple, Rennie, Chubbymummy, hello to you all, and anyone I've missed. Have a great weekend! :carrot:

Lol, Got so busy with my replies I forgot to tell you how I'm doing on my goals.
I'm doing fine on the exercising (dumbbells, c25k) Haven't been walkies, but honestly, the c25k is kinda wiping me out, which may be why I don't have energy for it except sundays.
Eating is going well, DH is away, which, frankly, is good; with three girlies, we just don't have such an appetite as he has- for example, we had fruit salad with vanilla quark for dinner the other night and it was enough. When he's around, I tend to cook geared toward his appetite, which is simply more than we need!
Weight loss so far, 900g, so, after three weeks of (literally :D) running my butt off with no loss, huzzah!

Zumbachica 03-21-2014 12:07 PM

MAGICSUSAN: sounds like you have it all in control....good for you.

NEWLEAF: down 3.5 is amazing....:) to answer your question , no I was't really cranky yesterday but I did feel a bit weak...mostly because it was a day so low in carbs. Today I am allowing myself two slices of ezekial bread and thats it for bread carbs....just so I can get some energy back. I didn't have that peanut butter cup last night after all but I did go out and have two vodka diet cokes....

SUM, I'm glad you FINALLY went to the doctor..you stubborn Finn you...

Zumbachica 03-21-2014 12:13 PM

Well I finally had a tiny woosh. Picked up BF from train station last night and we went out for a nightcap....i had vodka diet cokes. totally low calorie and low carb as far as alcohol goes. It was funny because I had a buzz on and it must be because of my low calorie consumption yesterday.

Im finally down to 148.8 and I'm so NOT going to complain about it. Any change in that direction is a good change.

I taught my aqua class today....taking the doggie for a walk (not that she can walk very far). Vet weighed her yesterday, she's barely 3 lbs. He said she will not grow to be more than 10 lbs. anyway i won't kid myself into thinking that i will be getting more workouts in today, i have to put clothes into my new closet...no small feat.....:belly:

Sum38 03-21-2014 05:31 PM

My red turned out really red, yikes. I like it though. It is between strawberry blonde and carrot head :D DH really liked it. Said that my hair isn't boring any more :) :) The blonde highlights give a nice contrast. I like the cut too. It isn't as drastic as the picture I posted. Softer lines.

Day is going well; I decided to fast since I have been so naughty what comes to food. I will eat salad for dinner.

Ear is already feeling better. The cleaning/sucking they did helped tremendously. Plus the drops he put in and the antibiotic drops he gave me.

I am waiting for my hubby to get ready to go to the gym. I will walk on treadmill for 30-60 minutes, depending how long he is working out. I am still feeling kind of weak, so I won't lift weights. Maybe tomorrow.

Zumbachica 03-21-2014 05:40 PM

Sum post a pic of your hair..does it look like the pic you posted???

Sum38 03-21-2014 07:51 PM

No, it is more drastic red and the cut isn't as angular. It really brings out my eyes, my eyes are quite bright green.

Apple Blossom 03-21-2014 10:00 PM

Well, rough start to the challenge. As usual I am eating terribly. BUT! Today I went for a 5K that I thought would suck but although it started out slow, finished quite well.:D I am often thinking that all this exercise doesn't really help but if I can get motivated to do a couple of 3 milers and a couple of 4 every week, I think it would make a difference.
Sum, definitely post a pick of your hair. I really need to do something with mine.
Zumba, sounds like you are on the right track!
Have a great week end everyone!

Cattails 03-22-2014 02:20 AM

Sum, I'm adding my vote here: let's see your new look! I'm so glad you got in to the doctor and got some relief. I'm positive that your mojo is resurfacing now that you're feeling better. :)

Apple, it's awesome that you are running! Exercise is a big part of the equation and absolutely does make a difference. ;)

Hm, Susan, I see what you mean re: the kilos vs. pounds. LOL But I have to know: what is vanilla quark?!

Zumba, nice going! It's great to hear you feeling in control. :high:

Great start, Heidi! Six pounds in 8 weeks, you can do it! :cheer2: And thanks for the frying pan; I think it's helped!

I'm holding out for AtGoalAbbi. ;)

Cattails 03-22-2014 02:32 AM

I didn't do much of anything yesterday, felt kinda crummy. Not enough sleep and that means headachey and stomach pain for whatever reason. Tried going for a walk and that was not good. Today was much better and I decided on the beginning yoga DVD. I thought it'd be no big deal at all since I've been doing some yoga workouts for almost 2 years, but surprisingly I did feel it in my arms and legs afterwards! Would have done the pilates one as well but headed into town for errands with DH.

Oh, also surprised that today I weighed in at 115 for the second day in a row. If that stays the same tomorrow, I'm changing my ticker! (My 3-day rule.)

B: kefir with flaxseed and 1/2 a banana
S: almonds, craisins and sunflower seeds
L: bowl of minestrone with a little bread, a small chicken caesar salad
D: green bean stirfry
S: coffee with creamer, dark chocolate

Magicsusan 03-22-2014 07:39 AM

Cattails-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product)

It's the creamy, german style they show in the picture. A little firmer than yogurt, more protein...

Sum, so glad your ear is better!
Zumba, have fun with your closet- getting organised always makes me feel good!

Had about two weeks of wooooonderful weather here, so I'm no complaining, but today is pouring rain!
I'm strangely un-hungry, which is probably good because it's pizza night in the Magic household. :yay: This involves my weekly glass of red, red wine, too.
Tomorrow I hope to go for a longish walk, since I haven't been so far this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!

Sum38 03-22-2014 08:57 AM

I slept poorly, as well. I guess it was my turn. Each time I fell asleep, my DS did something noisy around the house, incl. 2 pm started his truck and went for a McD run. I was basically done sleeping at that point.

I finally ventured on my scale and it was a positive surprise; 142.4. I feel quite good about it, because I thought I was around 144 pounds. Maybe by next Friday I could see 140 :crossed: Next Friday is a big anniversary for me. A year ago I decided to take control of my health and life and make positive changes. I have managed to drop 25 pounds and be happier as a person, not because of my weightloss, but just outlook on life, in general. I am happy about my weightloss as well. -- Secretly I was hoping to be at goal at this point, but 25 pounds is a great accomplishment.

My fast day went well. I finally stuck through a whole day and did not pig out at the end of it, just had a decent sized salad with protein. No snacks even later on at night, just some flavored water.

Today I am planning on consuming 1200 cals and getting some exercise in; weights, puppy walk and a possible swim. I am a bit hesitant to swim because of my ear, even though the doc tor did not tell me to limit any activities, plus I don't put my face in the water (I told you I am a terrible swimmer :D).

newleaf123 03-22-2014 03:33 PM

Oh, my -- salty dinner last night! Weight was up this AM. Weekends are historically tough. Dinner out with the neighbors tonight, NHL game tomorrow.

B: hot cereal with banana.
S: green protein smoothie
L: handful of nuts, butternut posole soup, whole grain tortilla chips, hummus, banana
D: will plan to gave salad, no dressing.