40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

You're on Page 27 of 36
Go to
  • Scale is still moving in the right direction...yay! Not much else going on over here. I had a really good dr appt Monday and was "high" from that a couple days but now it's back to same ole same ole. I've been reading a blog that highlights doing alot of food prep on Sundays and trying to figure out how I can make time for that, it would surely help!
  • 2 more lbs to hit the goal I set... I sure hope I make it !!!
  • taught a very high energy aqua class.....then i lifted weights for a while, focused on lower body. I contacted a trainer this morning and signed up for some personal training sessions...noone can say that I'm not trying.

Last night was a horrible night, I binged, I was really lonely and depressed. Having to hand my kids over to that monster effects me more than I let on. I ate until I thought i was going to explode. I have a nice two lb gain this morning to show for it.

Going to drink some water now and start cleaning...house has gone to seed....seeing it clean may lift my spirits.
  • Quote: taught a very high energy aqua class.....then i lifted weights for a while, focused on lower body. I contacted a trainer this morning and signed up for some personal training sessions...noone can say that I'm not trying.

Last night was a horrible night, I binged, I was really lonely and depressed. Having to hand my kids over to that monster effects me more than I let on. I ate until I thought i was going to explode. I have a nice two lb gain this morning to show for it.

Going to drink some water now and start cleaning...house has gone to seed....seeing it clean may lift my spirits.
    I know the effects of binge eating on the soul and spirit. I definitely empathize. Feeling out of control and unable to stop is truly the pits. Cleaning always helps me. Hope you feel better by end of day!
  • I appreciate your kind words Shannon.....you would have to experience it yourself to truly understand the feelings that are involved in an eating disorder like binge eating.....someone from NEDA is going to be calling me soon bout it, i reached out for help last night. coming on here and seeing everyone making strides makes me feel worse, so I"m not sure if I'll be logging in as much.....but I do appreciate your support.
  • Quote: I appreciate your kind words Shannon.....you would have to experience it yourself to truly understand the feelings that are involved in an eating disorder like binge eating.....someone from NEDA is going to be calling me soon bout it, i reached out for help last night. coming on here and seeing everyone making strides makes me feel worse, so I"m not sure if I'll be logging in as much.....but I do appreciate your support.
    Zumba, I used to be very active on Sparkpeople and led a great "binge free" team/group on there. I stepped down when I had my daughter but it was such a great group. You may want to look into it. I tried some similar groups on MFP but did not find them to be as helpful/encouraging/understanding. The section of the forum here on 3FC is also good. There are some great literature recommendations in a thread there. Feel free to contact me separate from this thread. I don't consider myself to have beaten BED by any stretch of the imagination but having endured it for 14 years I've read gobs of books and been in lots of counseling. I can certainly provide a listening ear if nothing else.
  • Hugs to you Zumba, as a fellow binge eater I definitely understand what you are feeling!

And I'm thrilled to know that you led a great binge-free group Shannon -- maybe we can have a little mini- binge-support group here in the 40-something section? I know I'd like that!
  • Wow i felt so alone, didn't know there were so many other "bingers"..it started when i was in college and i managed it off and on over the years.....at one point i was so bad I was also purging and that is what led me to go to therapy about it. I thought i had a grip on it, but the past few months tell me very differently..The past few weeks have been especially bad. ..I find that alot of time eating support threads are filled with teenagers, I really can't relate to them and vice versa...a 40's binge group would be a big help to many I'm sure.
  • From what I've read, you are so not alone in this struggle, Zumba. A 40-somethings binge thread is a great idea; someone should definitely start one.
  • Awww, to my friend zumba! One of the things that constantly amazes me in life is that when I open up about something, I find out that so many people are experiencing or have gone through the same thing. I'm sure it's comforting to know that even in our little 40-something slice of the world you have people who truly understand...

Got a couple new bras today. Tried on so many to find the right band and cup combination. My tape measurements said I should be a 34 D and I ended up in 38 B, so you can imagine how many trips back and forth I made... I'm still not convinced that they are the right size, but given my history it's hard to know for certain. I'm trying so hard not to break down and go to Nordstrom's for a fitting. I hear they have a lot of expertise with women like me, but I don't want to shell out the money. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!
  • thanks for the hug Newleaf,,,,i was afraid to say that i'm a binger out loud, but now that i did i feel better...and hopeful..and I may start a thread Cattails.

Newleaf I had no idea what my bra size was....finally i went to the Bra Lady on Lexington Avenue....I got fitted....much to my surprise i was a 32DDD or F! I never would have guessed that...I bought one bra..but after that I knew what my size was so I could get bras on ebay or cheaper stores....I think it is well worth it.....so go to Nordstroms and get fitted...they don't charge you for the fitting,,,,and you may be able to find bras on sale. If the salesladies see that you are trying to find a deal they will help you......just my two cents....Ive got huge hooters and take this kind of thing seriously. An ill fitting bra is so uncomfortable..and doesn't look nice either.....my favorite brands ..Wacoal and Natori
  • Zumba and everyone else who struggles with ED's!
  • Aah, buying bras... It is such a trial and error. Right now I measure 32E/F, but I am most comfortable at 34DD/34E. I like my band snug, but not too snug. It is good to get measured, especially when weight changes. I have gone from 38E to 34DD in a year. Expensive year... At my heaviest I only had two bras that I rotated. I believe spending money on good bras; so I spent $100 on each bra and treated them gently. And sports bras. I can not get any cheap ones from Target etc. They never give enough support. I use the Panache sports bra. Someone here at 3FC's described it as "boob armor", nothing moves or jiggles about in those babies. I found some on Amazon for $52.

I have "partied" two nights in a row. And it shows on my scale. Amazing how fast that water weight accumulates. It is going to take me a week to undo two nights out. I ordered shrimp scampi over rice; I haven't had rice in ages and it tasted sooooo good that I ate the whole portion. Naughty me. So today's plan is to flush out the bad carbs I consumed over the past 2 days.

Today is supposed to be my grueling exercise day; I don't know if I am going to do all planned exercises. I was so tired on Thursday after a similar day.

Sun is out, I am looking forward to my walk with my pup and hub

Have a beautiful and fruitful day my friends!
  • On the subject of bras my current ones are a size 40E and I got them through a "party" type business. They are expensive but keep the girls in place, lol. I also have two I rotate in "nude" and a black one for when needed and one sports bra (you should seriously see the sports bra, it's like a corset, lol!) At some point I'm going to need a new size. I think I will buy less expensive bras when I do and when I get further along shell out for the nicer ones. We'll see. I also believe in quality bras.

We were supposed to go to a fish fry last night but a really bad storm came up. I had nothing planned for dinner so we ended up ordering asian. The scale is up 1.5 lbs today, lol. I'm sure it would have done the same with the fish fry. I've started drinking water before my coffee even so maybe I can flush it out before my "official" weekly weigh in on Monday.

My husband won a hunting trip through a local store and is gone all day. He is not a hunter so not sure how he'll do but I'm looking at the prospect of him showing up with something I'm supposed to clean tonight. Ewwwwwwww! I'm thinking of taking my daughter strawberry picking today. It just opened up here and we are busy next weekend. It usually only lasts a few weeks.
  • I had enormous breast. From 36d-42ddd. Losing weight never made them reasonable. Last Summer the doc found abnormal breast tissue and insurance covered reconstruction. Now with further weightloss and surgery the are 34b, I love them.