Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

NEWLEAF Yes you DO know what to do.....looking at those pics was the eye opener...we all have those moments I think You went 100 days with no candy, that is a BIG DEAL. Congratulations....

Fatabbi congrats on staying gluten free!!! Rock those dresses girl!!!!

MARLENE waxing a car is the hardest upper body workout EVER....I can't wait to see pics.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #377  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Heidi I was missing you! Nice to have you back! Sorry about the weight gain, but the old pictures are a good reminder where you don't end up at. -- I have our family photos streaming as a screen savor as well; it brings back memories -- Interestingly, I have a VERY few fat pictures of me; I managed to run away from the camera successfully. And the few I have makes me shiver. I looked so gross. -- I have one that is the greatest motivator; I had just rebroken/chipped my front tooth, my hair was way too long (I don't look good with long hair; makes me look old), I was laughing and my fat face with triple chins was the center of the picture.... I looked so ugly and fat. I never want to look like that again....SHIVER! -- Anycase I am happy that you are back!! I hope your job is going well.

Marlene Sorry that you had to cut your trip short and that your trip was not quite what you had hoped for! -- I think you did fantastic on your vacation what came to your weight!

Abbi Did you go GF because you wanted to or because you had to? Do you eat the GF free "flour" products? -- I am GF because I can not stomach gluten, but I don't eat any of the GF items either. I gave up all bread and pasta. Hubby gave them up too, DD still eats the "fake" products.

Cattails Am I miserable now? Miserable is such a strong word. I guess I am not miserable but still a bit unhappy with my appearance. I know I won't get the body back I had in my 20's -- I just hope that I feel happy about my body and proud how far I have come. I hope that I won't stare at my imperfections too much. -- I used to hate my hips, even at 96 pounds; I fear that I will hate them at 122 pounds. I fear that I am not going to be friends with my cellulite And I fear that I won't embrace the 47 year old body. -- I need to remember that I have put my body through **** and back. I have not been kind to it. So it won't go back to being a perfection. I won't look like Christie Brinkley looks at the age of 60 (well I guess if I had her money I could ).

Glad you had a nice birthday celebrations Rennie, but it is time to go back to work, and you have! 162 is great...you should see the 150's soon.

Zumba If I go down the TT route, I will make sure that I am under my goal weight; I don't know if I could emotionally handle gaining a whole bunch of weight while in recovery. I think I would make sure I would be between 115-120 pounds. That would give me a buffer.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #378  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I did not have the best of days; I slipped into my old habits and did a whole bunch of mindless eating. Scale jumped a bit, nothing too drastic. -- I have hovered around 137 all week; I think this week is the first week this month that won't yield a loss, maybe a small gain. Perhaps my body is regrouping and taking a break. 7-8 pounds this months has been a great accomplishment.

I have a party to go to tonight. I have not come up with a game plan yet. I think I will eat normal (minus mindless eating) and hope that I will be satisfied enough that I won't eat too much tonight. I am still alcohol free, so no calories from drinks, which is a bonus.

Finally my friends are feeling comfortable with the fact that I don't drink. A lot of our social life is surrounded by drinks. I usually order tonic water with lime; looks like that I am drinking It was weird at first though.

I have a really sore big toe. I lost the nail UGH...just for the summer. I keep losing the big toe nail all the time, I think I just keep dropping so many things on the poor thing. -- Anycase half of it was ready to come off the other half was not, and it is screaming mad. I hope I can do my exercises today...if I can put my shoe on. The darn toe was throbbing all night and kept me awake. -- I am hoping that once it heals a bit my nail girl can put a fake nail on it. I would hate to wear sandals all summer long with ugly nail-less toe.

Plan for today is to eat sensibly and do my heavy exercise day (2 walks, swim and weights).
Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #379  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Sum you are doing so well; I am so happy for you!! What a great start to the year! I lost the toenail off my big toe after damaging it somehow on my Patagonia trek. It has been growing back, but twice I've had to go to the podiatrist to get it cut back because it was coming in ingrown. I think I'm going to have to deaden the portion that keeps getting ingrown; not looking forward to that. But if your toe is throbbing and you keep having problems, maybe you need to see a podiatrist? They give you shots so you don't feel a thing, and then once the numbing is gone, the pain is magically gone, too... Just a thought

Just packed my lunch for the office today. A nice garden salad with kale instead of lettuce, no dressing. And homemade hummus that I threw a couple kale leaves into, too. Yum!

Work is going fine. It's got its good and its bad, but I'm glad I decided to take the job. I'm working about 25 hours a week, some of it at home. With lighter weeks during the summer, along with 3 weeks off. I'd like to morph the job a little bit to get rid of some of the crummy stuff and take those extra hours to focus on landing grants. I've planted the seed...

Here's to a great day, everyone!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #380  
Heidi

Good day today. Had an unplanned trip to the store, and walked past the huge Twizzlers display right in the doorway. That makes 101 days for me!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Hi everyone, haven't posted for a while but all is well. I'm eating too much ice cream and chocolate but overall my diet is healthy and my runs are going well. Hope everyone is good, long weekend here
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #382  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Too much ice cream and chocolate at 148???
Old 04-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Today was a really BAD day for me. Major binges....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:01 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Sum, I'm eating them every day! Like you though exercise makes a difference for me and I've been running a lot. I'll accept that food is more import at than exercise but I've never lost weight without some form of hard exercise.
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:30 AM   #385  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Heidi, good to see you here and so motivated too!

Have a great show, Marlene, looking forward to some pics.

Sum, I think you're on the right track - trying to appreciate ourselves and embrace our 'imperfections' rather than hold ourselves up to unrealistic ideals is really important. And Christie Brinkley is a goddess! LOL

Sorry to hear about your toe. Here's a thought: steel toed sandals!

Zumba, sorry you had a tough day. Hope tomorrow is better.

to everyone.

Last edited by Cattails; 04-25-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:22 AM   #386  
Heidi

chubbyMummy your weightloss is very impressive, you are doing so well! And setting such a good example for your daughters.

zumba

catTails Thanks!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #387  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Chubby mum I so jealous that you can eat those and still lose weight!! I seem to gain weight even if I smell them
Old 04-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #388  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I did not weigh in this morning! I went to a Pampered Chef party and the hostess made a full meal; it was all gluten free and really yummy. I over ate a bit. So I skipped the weigh in. I will drink loads of water to flush out those carbs.

I was utterly exhausted last night. My day was filled with exercise and errands and the party at the end of the night. I literally collapsed into bed. I think I may need to ease up on the exercise front a bit....I felt I was delusional. But I got a good night's sleep and feel renewed.

Today I will only walk the pup and do an aerobic class.

I was really happy about my size 6 jeans I was wearing last night. -- I also received so many compliments about my weight loss. People said that I was glowing
Old 04-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #389  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba I am so sorry that you are so down. Sending you BIG hugs!!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #390  
Heidi

sum it sounds like a great day and a great night last night! You are rocking those size 6s!! Delusional? Not so good...but I'm glad you are listening to your body...

166.6 this AM. Chugging away over here. I'm not going into the office today, and plan to catch up on some clothes shopping. Now that I've completely "settled" from my reconstruction, I feel like I need some new bras... And I need some new spring/summer tops for work. It's a pretty casual office, but I feel like my tops are too low cut... So, hopefully a nice day. Thai curry chicken with brown rice on tap for tonight.