40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

You're on Page 21 of 36
Go to
  • Stayed below 140. I had a huge chicken Caesar salad for lunch; it was dripping with dressing. I am surprised that the sodium from it did not make me gain. I actually lost 0.2 pounds.

After three days of having power on and off, we are on again. I hope we'll stay this way.

Today I will volunteer all day, hoping to have enough stamina to go to the step aerobic class tonight.

There is snow on the ground; I am hoping that it will all melt by the time I get out today; tired of seeing that white stuff.

B - Eggs
    L - Chicken Caesar salad, apple
    D - None
    S - Apple w/peanut butter

Exercise
    Weights 45 min
    4.6 mile Powerwalk 60 min

Weight
    Down 0.2 lbs
  • SUM We have ice on our grass this morning, dog was a little annoyed when i took her out today... Let that salad be a lesson to you, always get that dressing on the side!

MARLENE Wow, just your description of that mexican food made me hungry....have a great time camping..

JENNYKAY Sleep is part of weight loss...a trainer told me that once..your body needed that sleep, i hope you got it.

SHANNONSNAIL Hope your herbs made it. I'm not planting anything for a while.....have to do my spring clean up first...
  • I stayed the same, not happy about that......

I actually don't have anywhere to go or anything to do today....wow! That never happens...

Had my big protein filled breakfast...not eating again until tonight when i have a few friends over..we are having salad with grilled chicken.....
  • Heidi, !!
  • Whew! My herbs made it! The monsoon brought 30 degree weather though. Wonders never cease. Just when I said winter is over.

Last night I was on a quest to go to bed earlier, emphasis on the "er", lol. I am all snug in my bed falling asleep when I remember it's the last day to order preschool pictures and it is already after midnight. Ugh! Had to get up, go through the lengthy decision process on what to order since it's been a long time since I've mailed out any pics to my non-computerized family, lol. So, again it was after 1 by the time I got to sleep. Perhaps I need a better to do list.

I sneaked a peek today and the scale is still moving so yay! I'm a little nervous bc it is Easter weekend. We will meet family to eat out this year since everyone's schedule is really hectic right now and no one feels they have time to cook (sad, yes). If I had to take a guess everyone will pick Cracker Barrel. I eat low carb and mostly wheat free so I need to pull up the menu online and see what options are even available, if any. If not, I am fine with just having an off plan meal, I'm giving myself alot of grace this time around bc I tend to be an all or nothing thinker which causes me to easily give up on things.
  • Thanks Cattails I don't know what was going on with my stomach it was the same on my birthday for the better part of the day but it's better now.

Thanks Zumba , that is what I was thinking also, that the healthy eating I've done rejected the real sugars. I guess that's a good thing if it will just keep up and be a deterrent Zumba on being below the 150's It's rained buckets here yesterday but we needed it to wash the pollen away

Thanks Shannon Congratulations on Onederland 48 is gonna be great I am gonna show off a new me My house is cluttered most of time to me. The kids come in an place their back packs down and head for the kitchen and then the evenings seem chaotic most of the time with running them around or picking someone up. I feel like I can rarely get a handle on things. While I'm at home I clean during the day and then I have to yell a lot to keep things in order in here (ok that turned into a rant) I hate it things are a mess and unorganized Shannon this is me also ---> I have a bad habit of staying up late (12-1 am) then I have to get up at 5:30 so I'm just not getting enough sleep. It is so hard for me to force myself to bed earlier. I am tired but it's my only time to myself all day. I need to make peace with bedtime. I often get in the bed and then have too much going through my head and can't sleep, smh. We'll get it together hopefully soon Shannon where did spring go, this morning at the bus stop, the car window even had a little ice, crazy. You can give up. I'm looking forward to us one of these days meeting for lunch or something since you live so close . It would be nice to meet a 3FCer that I didn't/don't already know. So have their salad it's big and I enjoyed it, if you go to Cracker Barrel

Thanks Sum Glad your power is back on, your arms got a workout for sure carrying the water. and yes that was a good excuse to make it to the gym
    Sum sorry about how you feel about your legs. I have flabby thighs and stilts at the bottom, really unattractive. Sum great job on the 130's YOU

Thanks Apple Blossom , I always feel better when I sweat also ... eating right just makes my workout seem more worthwhile and usually I stay OP after a workout but yesterday I was starving and ate everything last night

JennyKay to the thread best of luck on your goals LOL JennyKay, I have a 10 year old and when she tells me to wake her, I never do it, because that always happens. She looks at me and turns back over and then I'm up cleaning something, smh

Thanks Marlene Glad you can relax now Marlene ... until the 21st right? Enjoy

Chubby Mum glad everyone is feeling better. I need to regroup also

Thanks Heidi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI I did the math also, I wonder what about this age makes you/me/us do that. I weighed 194.6 on 4/1/13 and 163.2 on 4/1/14 so I did a little something We've done well

ok all caught up ...

who had the frying pan for me before? .... I need it again and badly along with a good swift kick in the behind, I have really messed up Ladies. I am up to 164.0 this morning. I started the day off on a good note and decided (I don't know what I decided) I just know nothing has been healthy .

I need to go back to posting my food before hand and I really need to prep. I NEED HELP FOR SURE. I've got to get ready for church but I will post my meals for tomorrow when I get back. The sad thing is yesterday I hit the treadmill hard and even jogged a little, I was proud of me and screwed that up also.
  • Rennie, how can anyone resist an invitation like that? Okay, now that that's over: Now, get back with the program or else!!

p.s. I'm pretty darn proud of you, too, lady!
  • Morning

I hope that our winter is finally over, weather forecast for the next 10 days looks promising.

My weight is up, it always happens when I sit at the FCA all day and barely drink anything. Plus one of the ladies brought some chocolate, filled with salty licorice, for me as a gift from her trip to Finland. Yes, to you it will sound disgusting, but to me it is a delicatessen. It is sodium laded. Then I went on and had pesto chicken for dinner; it was homemade but had a lot of parmesan cheese which in turn is high in sodium. So today I feel like a bloated pig. Water, water and more water!! Plus I will exercise a lot today and maybe even sit in the steamroom and sweat some of this bloat off.

What I find interesting. Each time I sit at the FCA 6-8 hours; I gain "weight". The sitting must make me retain water. And those days are usually my fast days as well, so one would think I would actually drop some weight. I guess I am so active at home and barely sit during the day, so when I sit like that for a lengthy period of time, my body gets confused. Now I even log my FCA days on my weight chart And each week it shows 2 to 3 pound gain on the following day on my scale. -- Wonder how bloated I would be if I had a desk job??

Plan for today is to eat light. I had 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast with an orange. Lunch will be a large salad with lots of veggies, small amount of feta cheese and some grilled chicken. Snacks are TBD, probably my beloved apple w/peanut butter and Greek yogurt and I will skip dinner. I will stop eating by 3 pm. I am also shooting for 100oz of water.

I have million phone calls to make today and run a ton of small errands. I also need to make a grocery list and shop. -- I have made menus for each week, and I have had 0 waste what comes to food. I have also cut my grocery bill even more. I am very proud of myself! I only buy what we eat.

Okee, off to start my day. Have a wonderful day!!
  • Shannonsnail Congrats on your scale moving at the right direction!!

Rennie It is your birthday, don't be too hard on yourself. It is just water weight and you will drop it in no time! But if you want the frying pan, here it is.... and a few more Did you give into the carbs? Just cut the cycle cold turkey! You will crave for them all day, but remember we are here to if you don't start getting OP soon!

Cattails 115?? NICE! How I envy you!!!

Zumba A night in with friends sounds really nice!

Heidi I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Marlene Congrats for finishing up the tax season Have fun on your trip! -- You made me crave for Mexican food; but I must stay away, it is an automatic 5 extra pounds on my scale the next day.

jennykay I hope you got some rest

Cubby I hope all feel well soon. I looked at your ticker and you are doing marvelous!

Apple Blossom How much do you usually run?
  • HI ladies..another cold morning here....wind is howling ...puppy was out for a few seconds and rushed into the house...LOL....I thnk she has the right idea....

Not happy today. I am back over 150....at this point all i can say is that this is ridiculous. Last night I had company, we had salad with grilled chicken, i had half a glass of red wine, and was doing great until..dum dum dimmmmm.......i see that the salads (I ordered out) came with BREAD...BREAD!!!!! it was on like donkey kong between me and that bread....so here I am.....bloated and back to square one. I have to go teach my class but i just want to put the cover over my head and go back to sleep.

So its my turn to get the frying pan...beat me good with it. As usual i am posting here every day and accomplishing nothing...its so exhausting. Im tired.....im tired of trying.

Today is a fast day until tonight, its my sons bday and i have to get a cake....not sure what I am cooking, going to ask him what he wants..... This year my ex gets the kids for Easter and i'm so glad, because I can eat like it is just another day. I am not going anywhere or doing anything and thats just fine.
  • Ya'll are cracking me up with these emoticons!
  • LOL, Thanks Cattails

Thanks B]Sum[/B] , sorry about the up Good for you on the zero waste, I think Shannon did the same thing with her produce. I think that's great I need to get to that point with zero waste. I want different things and but them and then I don't prepare it . I've got to do better. LOL I did give into the carbs for 5 days (and even had a stomach ache and the poops because of them) did that stop me nope, smh. I'm hoping today will be the day to go cold turkey,

Zumba I had to scrap the ice off the window this morning. I thought you have got to be kidding me. I am ready for the 70's to return now Sorry for your up also

Shannon they are cute aren't they and just what I need

Weight stayed the same today. 164.0 I am going to have a low carb, low calorie, no junk food day.
  • Increased exercise a week ago by a lot for me. Bumped stairmachine up 15 minutes to 45, and added 3 days a week high intensity cardio (crossfit-ish).

This morning weight was up 1.5 lbs, but body fat went from 32% to 30%.

I should be happy, but I am mad about the 1.5lbs UP....

I HATE THIS BLEEPING JOURNEY TODAY!!!
  • I hear you FATABBI....sometimes you do all the right things and the scale is still not your friend....but body percentage went down and thats a big deal!!!
  • Hang in there Abbi! I hear ya though. I'm actually not starting exercising again til I get further along in my weight loss. Exercise makes me hungry and I'm just not ready to deal with increased appetite til I lose a little more and feel more solid with my new way of eating. My daughter finishes preschool at end of May so I think that is when I will start going back to the gym.