Old 04-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #226  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Rennie, you goof - of course you didn't run anyone off! Sometimes I just don't have anything interesting to say, but I check in often to see what others are up to. There's a lot to be said for living vicariously!

The water with citrus and cucumber reminds me of a Vietnamese restaurant in town we go to sometimes. As a rule, I NEVER drink city water (I'm spoiled, we have a well here), but that restaurant keeps lemon and lime and cucumber in all their water pitchers and it tastes so good that we don't order drinks!

Zumba, I mentioned it before and don't mean to pester you, but have you looked at any of Geneen Roth's writings? She has written a few books, you could probably find some at the library. I like her style, and she is all about emotional eating. Hope you can find some peace.

Sum
, I'm sorry somebody gave you a hard time yesterday. Too bad that's the way some people cope with their own difficulties, by passing along the bad.

Stay strong, Abbi, you can do it! Like somebody said (was that on this thread?), everybody's got something; those with no food issues undoubtedly have issues in other parts of their lives. Look at the progress you've made - you're doing fantastic!

Apple, a new dog, how nice! Sounds like a real sweetie, and a good fit for your family. Hopefully something can be done about his leg; it's good that it doesn't seem to bother him though.

Happy Tuesday all!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Cattails, I think i bought one of her books years ago, but this weekend i'm going to make it a point to get to the library and look for her books...thank you for reminding me...

Apple Blossom Congrats on your new fur baby!!! He sounds like a real doll, and bless you for taking a dog that has medical issues. There are plenty of times i second guess my decision to adopt my puppy but thats only because I'm having a really hard time with housebreaking her and she wakes up at night....but then i look at her little face and I know she isn't[ going back.....I'm sure you feel the same way and will weather the storm with this dog and the leg issue, whether it is amputated or not. Shame on those people for not taking care of this poor dog!!! Makes me so angry and sad...

FatAbbi Don't do it girl! Don't fall off!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #228  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

LOL Sum, love your post (funny part), sorry she was so mean . Good for you on being OP today ... quite house. My kids go upstairs sometimes and you don't even know they are here. It's funny though because if one comes down to hang with Mommy the others minus the youngest boy follow suit

Abbi I think it's something in the air ... the binge monster will pass, you're doing great

Apple Blossom, thanks for being so caring (your newest family member). Hope the scale number sticks

LOL Cattails , well I don't think there has ever been a time when no one has posted in the evening LOL I think if there is ever a time I haven't a thing to say someone had better check me out I got this water recipe from Woman's World only to find out it has been around for years. I had never heard of it before, but I like it

Well I am feeling the bloat from all of the water but my rings are sliding around my fingers like they belong to someone else. I hope that means that I will have a good weigh in tomorrow
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks ladies! I bumped my stair machine time to 45 mins a day.... I enjoyed skinny cow fudge bar. I. Can. Do. This.
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:54 AM   #230  
seeking balance

Whoo, good going Abbi! Skinny Cow rocks...

LOL right back atcha, Rennie! for a .

Zumba, hope you can find some of Geneen's books, looking forward to hearing what you think.

I mentioned something about coffee and stomach pain a while ago, been meaning to report in about that. Got some Kava coffee (acid reduced) and it has been very kind to my stomach, and it is smooth too! That makes me pretty happy. Though it's getting so warm here lately that I may have to switch to iced tea for a while.

B: coffee with creamer, wasn't hungry
L: salad with marinated beans and a bit of chicken
D: steak chicana on a tortilla, chips and salsa, guacamole, 1/3 of a tamale
S: coffee with creamer, dried cherries, dark chocolate

E: 40 minutes walking, 50 minutes strength circuit (look, Zumba, I'm getting quicker at it!), 10 minutes yoga/stretching

Last edited by Cattails; 04-09-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #231  

Down a pound from yesterday..find that I'm a bit more mindful now that I'm logging into fat secret. trying to do my own version of low carb, following a structured plan would probably be a better idea for me at this time but I can't get myself in that frame of mind plus I don't have enough grocery money this week to buy what i would need to do belly fat cure.

Have an appt with the lawyer this morning, I'm exhausted and I"m dreading the long drive there...I feel emotionally drained.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #232  
~Rennie

Cattails the scale didn't have mercy the bloat is still lingering and my rings aren't as loose as last evening but thank you Glad you found a coffee that is easier on your stomach

Zumba good job on the pound I just told my daughter and her husband that it's expensive to eat healthy, smh. Doing your version of low carb is still better than no version . What do you try to keep your carbs under? I was trying for less than 100 then I was on some site so I am now trying for less than 50. Today will be fine since I'm doing Radiojane's Meat/Egg fast. Only 18 carbs today but I don't know about the rest of the week
Old 04-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #233  

cattails...LOL..I see that, you are getting quicker at it...good job! just don't go faster and forget your form...This coffee that you are talking about, does it come in k cups? I have been having heartburn lately, really rare for me.....and i'm wondering if its all the coffee I drink finally getting the best of me!!!

Love2b: I heard people say that before, that eating healthy is more expensive...but I see all that processed junk costs a bundle too!!! I try and keep net carbs to around 20...some days its less, some days more....any less than that and i feel groggy and stupid..and get that stinky low carb breath...im not trying to get into ketosis....i think my atkins days are long gone..although the diet definitely worked for me in the past this time i want to have more carbs.

I'm looking for a small indoor grill....anyone have any suggestions? Other than the george foreman grill?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #234  
~Rennie

Zumba my Mom bought this little hibachi grill for indoors from Bed bath and beyond I think. Pretty neat.

OK I had a bad bad afternoon so I'm admitting

I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER
WHEN I TRY TO EAT RIGHT
I EAT WRONG
EVEN WHEN I PLAN IT SOMETIMES I STILL DO WRONG
TODAY STARTED OUT WELL AND I BLEW IT
IT ALL WENT WRONG

How on earth do you blow your own birthday present? Tell me that isn't just plain stupid I am so disappointed in myself. I think I am actually losing control of the late afternoon/evenings, smh.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #235  
seeking balance

Aw, Rennie, You are doing great - look how far you've come! Every day is a NEW DAY - every new choice is yours to make. Every moment counts, and you can do this - you CAN and you ARE! Now go do something (non-food related maybe) for yourself - a wonderful bath, or a walk, or talking on the phone with somebody you love - whatever you enjoy. You deserve it!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #236  
~Rennie

Thanks Cattails I'll probably be 165 tomorrow and have that much more to work on . I really thought I would be out of the 160's by now ... we have Bible study this evening so I won't be here to do more damage. Shower and bed when we get back.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #237  
seeking balance

Check this out, Rennie:

Quote:
Rennie said on 12/26/2013:

weigh in this morning 180.2

1 ~ get back to ticker weight of 177.4 by the first of the year
2 ~ get to 175 which was my Christmas challenge goal
3 ~ get as close to 170 as possible by the end of this challenge
AND:

Quote:
Rennie said on 2/15/2014:

My weigh in today was 169.6 up .6 from yesterday. I have been stuck between 168-170 all month, smh.
And then there's yesterday:

Quote:
I'm up .2 to 162.2.
This is awesome progress! There are always and will always be bumps in the road but that's all they are - the overall is what counts, my friend.

Zumba, I don't think Kava comes in single servings - looks like it's instant only (which works for lazy me), but there is Puroast, which is acid reduced, in K-cups. Don't know how it tastes but it might be worth a try. I've learned that darker roasts naturally have less acid, fyi.

Happy Wednesday all.

Last edited by Cattails; 04-09-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #238  
~Rennie

Cattails, thank so much I needed that pick me up, you've made me smile seeing my old post. I will dust off, pick my chin and lip up and look forward to tomorrow and prayerfully get it right. Zumba here I am trying to give you advice that I can't/don't even follow, smh. But I am sure you look great and YOU just don't see it
ha ... it's so much easier to preach it than to practice it at times on this journey for sure.
Thank you all for being here
Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #239  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Awesome going Rennie!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #240  

good morning ya'll..since the weather has gotten nice again I am going to start my walking in the evenings....Im also going to start the 21 Day fix routine again, but leaving out the cardio because its so boring and stupid.....atleast i have zumba for that.

Puppy had me up at 5 am today, I am exhausted.....

Mini goal, to be below 150 by the end of next week.....