Old 04-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I hope no one minds, I'm going to try to get back to posting meals. I've been doing ok, but being publicly accountable during this stressful time will help me either avoid something I should or keep things in moderation.

B- balance bar, coffee with cream
L- salad with chicken,orange & animal crackers
S-orange, cheese stick, 3 Godiva choc pearls
D- one piece pepperoni pizza, salad with guacamole, mixed berries
S- no sugar added ice cream
W- 8+ cups, no exercise

Our firm admin brought the pizza in at lunch, and I had already started my lunch. There were 2 pieces left when everyone else was done, except our receptionist. I told her that I wanted one piece, she could have the other, but i was staying late & wanted the one for dinner. It was perfect, just enough. Oh, and I didn't eat any cookies that a vendor sent over for us! I did chew about 6 sticks of trident gum over the course of the day, but that's better than eating those cookies!
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:51 AM   #182  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Good going, Marlene, avoiding those cookies! Please feel free to post any and all meals you like; I for one enjoy seeing what others are eating. The car event sounds fun; any pictures?

Zumba, your post made me think of DH's cardiologist, a little dried up twig of a man. He always tells my husband, "Just eat less, eat less." Well, that is the basic formula to lose weight, no matter what the plan, right? Hope you find some helpful nuggets in the book.

Ugh, my cold is really awful today. I spent most of the day in bed with a ton of tissues. Hope tomorrow is much better; it's DS#2's birthday.

Grr, my MIL did it again: yesterday she sent over most of a huge Costco cherry pie!! I'm going to have to tell her again that my guys are not human garbage disposals, don't buy or bring that junk to them! She is one of those that feels food equals love - and she's at an all time high weight-wise herself, after struggling with her weight the past 50 years.

TGIF, everyone.

Last edited by Cattails; 04-04-2014 at 02:55 AM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Zumba, I'm sorry about your relationship. But some good, hard exercise will help. Followed by a bath and some wine, lol.

I'm the same as last week but TOM came yesterday so I'll count that as a victory, I've definitely got extra fluid on board.

School holidays here - busy! I'm on the couch now for the first time today and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able get up.
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all....as I sit here with a broken heart I am putting my focus on my weight. I managed to lose four lbs of bloat the past few days which puts me at an even 150. Not really celebrating that number, but so glad that the scale is going in the right direction. Hope to lose more when AF gets here which should be this weekend.

Teaching my aqua class this morning, then going to cancel my membership at the gym . I never make it down there to lift weights, I need to rethink the plan. Keeping the calories on the ultra low again today. I think I had lunch plans with a friend if I vaguely remember....if thats the case i'm having salad with grilled chicken...my usual favorite.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

CHUBBY thanks...he was a good one...sorry to let him go especially for stupid reasons..... But sometimes in life timing is everything. Enjoy the school break...its nice not having schedule .

CATTAILS My mother is like your MIL...she comes from the old country where food is a really big deal and it is love....she means well but she doesn't understand that you can't stay slim while eating like that....she used to give my kids one big bag of chips each when we went to visit when they were little....their eyes would open up like saucers.... Anyway don't be too hard on your MIL she means well. Take the pie, cut up a few small pieces and throw out the rest but don't tell her you did. Feel better and happy bday to your DS. And yes, eating less sounds simple, it is a simple solution..unfortunately it isn't working for a huge percentage of the population. So far that book isn't that impressive. but i'm goig to keep reading it ....

MARLENE the salon visit definitely kept me away from food for a while, even though they had cookies out by the coffee machine. i pretended they weren't there. I'm happy not to be gray anymore but definitely too many fly aways with my blow out, not sure what that is about..its going to get ruined now anyway because Im teaching at the pool and the pool room is so humid! Oh and gum is great to keep us from eating......
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #186  

Cattails, no pics this time. I even had my camera, but we didn't have them lined up nicely... Big show at the end of the month, I'll get pics then for sure.

Hope everyone has a nice day!
Old 04-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #187  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Nothing to report, I have not been OP in days...well today I am

I don't like the direction my scale is heading.

I am fasting today until dinner and then I will have salmon, rice, asparagus and a salad. Yes, a little bit of rice, not too much though.

I just walked the pup for 3.3 miles in rain and I will do aerobics later on today.

Trying to get back OP
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #188  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
love 2b ... I don't know if i'm all that happy about spring because that means no more hiding under big sweaters and heavy jackets....pressure is on to get into the spring clothes I put in my new closet...
Zumba, I wish I could see you. You are so hard on yourself I'm sure you look great but we never see what others see we only see what we think they perceive and what we want to see. Sorry about the breakup and the scale (still reading from the 2nd so hope things are better as I read along) Congratulations to your son. I know you're sad Mom, but you raised him well and he is going Relaxation at the hairdressers feels/sounds good Zumba your post today sounds so sad, I'm sorry ... I pray things improve and you are smiling again soon Good job on the water weight, that's a plus

Marlene quick post who cares, you're posting/checking in we know you're busy and I can only imagine the stress Thanks for the early happy bday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
I hope no one minds, I'm going to try to get back to posting meals. ... I should or keep things in moderation.

... Oh, and I didn't eat any cookies that a vendor sent over for us! I did chew about 6 sticks of trident gum over the course of the day, but that's better than eating those cookies!
Marlene I like when you all post your meals gives me ideas and great NSV with the cookies and the gum YOU

Cattails hope you're feeling better and LOL on the hot sauce/tomato juice and your tummy warming. How did you sleep? Tickles in the throat and trying to sleep are the worse Yes thanks for reminding me also that we have 6 weeks left. I don't think I'm gonna make my birthday goal but maybe I can make this one Cattails I hope you feel better soon Happy Bday to your son and why do people that know you're trying to eat properly always do that (mainly family in my case also).

Chubby enjoy the break Ours is the week of my bday fun, fun, fun with no money ... oh joy the complaints I'm gonna hear

Sum sounds like getting OP is in progress, keep it going

ok all caught up ... now me

Well bad me did horribly yesterday, I was over in calories by 1193 and carbs by 244. MFP surely puts things into perspective for ya . I didn't do any exercise either. Just spent the better part of the day with my thin wanting to stop every where to eat daughter We had a good time but goodness I couldn't do that everyday. I drank a nice warm glass of prune juice before bed because my stomach was a mess. Thank goodness it does help me Weigh in today was 163.8 up .4 from yesterday which would have been way worse if not for that fiber . I did make it to the gym today burned 504 calories so feeling good.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #189  

was 123.5 this am.

B-egg, cheese stick, yogurt
L- salad, chicken, orange, animal crackers
S- coffee with creamer, but forgot the rest of my snack because busy
D - Turkey burger in lettuce wrap, fries, mixed berries
S - MRC chocolate pudding

I almost never have fries. Tonight was a special deal, my Rotary club met at a different place this evening for our annual raffle, and paid for dinner. I could have gotten a salad, but I'm tired of that. Since I completely forgot my afternoon snack, I had lots of calories left. and end the day at 1200 or so anyway, even with counting the fries at 320 cal. I'm not counting on keeping the 123.5 though. thinking after tax season I want to try to get to 120.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:49 AM   #190  
seeking balance

Zumba, I know my MIL isn't trying to sabotage, at least not consciously, and I believe that it helps her when she's trying not to buy junk for the grandkids - but it gets so frustrating! I let everyone go at the pie for the day and then threw the rest out. I don't want to be the food police here and tell anyone "you can't eat that!" So just not having stuff like that around is infinitely better. (I ate a little bit of the pie myself and regretted it: too sugary and make me sick to my stomach.)

Aqua class? Is it zumba in water? You must be so strong with all the classes you do!

Hi Rennie! I'm glad you had a good day with your daughter - ah well, one day of overdoing it is nothing in the scheme of things, just pick back up and carry on. And yay you for scorching all those calories at the gym!

to everyone!

Last edited by Cattails; 04-05-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:05 AM   #191  
seeking balance

This cold has settled into my chest and makes it difficult to get to sleep and stay asleep. Otherwise I'd probably be sleeping about 18 hours a day right now! I want to get out and exercise - I'll try a walk tomorrow and maybe some yoga or pilates. Must. Keep. Moving!

The trifle was really good, and there's still bunches left over. I'm glad it's a pretty light dessert so I don't feel like I'm killing my family with it! DS#2 splurged a bit food-wise today but did so consciously. And he was really pleased I think to get a smaller pair of jeans - he put them on immediately and they fit!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #192  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I fasted yesterday. Walked and did step aerobics. A good day.

I feel my motivation creeping back.

Today I will shoot for 1000-1200 calories. I know it is kinda low, but I want to jump start my weight loss again and I am hardy starving to death

Plan for today
B - None
L - Salad w/grilled chicken, feta, veggies (400)
D - Porkloin, roasted veggies (600)
S - ? (upto 200)

I will walk my pup, lift weights and swim.

I am so b-o-r-i-n-g. I eat the same stuff every day and I have my set exercise days
Old 04-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #193  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Marlene you deserve those fries and the up is probably the sodium from them

Thanks Cattails , sorry about the chest cold, hope it clears up soon Yay for your son, he is doing very well

Sum eating the same things day after day may be boring but it works. I think to myself if I could find 3 healthy meals and a snack that's satisfying that would be great ... less struggle. So keep up the good work That's what I say (think) about lower calorie days ... do I look like I'm starving? Clearly not

down .6 to 163.2 ... it would be less but I had to eat Takis/chips spicy late last evening ... today IS a NEW DAY

Last edited by love2b150; 04-05-2014 at 11:41 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #194  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Rennie I rotate my dinners; salmon, chicken, pork, ground beef, and an occasional vegetarian day, so at least I get a little variety. But my dinners are pretty boring too because kiddoes are quite picky. I try to jazz them up with different veggies Nice that the 163's are sticking.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #195  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Cattails Did you get antibiotics? Don't be stubborn like how I was with my ear I hope you'll feel better!

Marlene Mmmmm, french fries. Luckily I have avoided them since my last month's Burger King incident. 120 pounds sounds like a dreamy plan. You can do it once things settle down... only a few more days until you get your break!

Chubby How long of a school holiday do you get? Is it like how it was in England; a whole month? My DS just left for Florida with a friend's family. I wish I could go too...

Zumba BIG HUGS!

Last edited by Sum38; 04-05-2014 at 10:37 AM.