3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge

Old 03-31-2014, 05:14 AM   #151
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/120/128

Height: 5'3"

DH and I went out for lunch again today to a Mexican restaurant. He agreed to split a one person fajita with me instead of his usual 3 entree plate - yay! But ordered a side of guacamole too - I think he was afraid there wouldn't be enough food. Ha, there was plenty! He is trying to make some changes here.

I'm sure my lunch was too high in calories but I didn't get hungry for any dinner later so that was it for my eating today, except for a late nibble.

DS#2 is blowing me away with his tenacity at resisting his brothers' mashed potato and candy consumption. He's got a birthday coming up next week and I got him a new pair of jeans for it - in a smaller size! I'll be making him a trifle with low-sugar angel food cake, SF pudding and plenty of fresh fruit so he can indulge without too much setback.

B: oatmeal with dried apricots and almonds
L: steak fajita, green salad, chips and salsa and guacamole
S: dried apricots and dark chocolate, coffee with creamer

E: 45 minute walk
Old 03-31-2014, 07:01 AM   #152
love to be a lower weight

S/C/G: HW 220/SW 197.2/ticker/GW 132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattails View Post
Zumba, you are silly! A 115 lb. thigh - I've no doubt your proportions are much more wonderful than you perceive.

I'm sorry about your difficult night. I hope "The Overfed Head" gives you some helpful insight; I've seen positive references to it from others. Kudos for seeking help, I've no doubt you'll be able to make some changes with the right tools at hand.

Hi Rennie! LOL, towels... My MIL told me when she had 5 teenage boys growing up under her roof, she bought each of them a set of different-colored towels, and each kid was responsible for washing and putting away his own. I guess that was a real issue for her as well, and that solution helped her keep her sanity.
Zumba, ditto on what Cattails said

Cattails, I never thought about that and two will leave for college in another few years so not a bad idea at all Your son is amazing. I am so proud of him. My son speaks one thing and does another. I hope he will get his head right soon, though I know how hard it is to just change your eating habits. It's SOOOOO much easier said than done. Great idea on the cake. Have you made a cake like that for him before? Will he like it?

Ladies a new low for me. I snacked like an idiot yesterday and then the boys wanted to go to the gym. We went at the last minute I had never seen the gym shut down everything. I weighed in at 162.6. I haven't seen that number since I was pregnant with my daughter in 92-93. And had I not believed in the eating for two thing I would have probably not seen that number then. I weighed 128 when I got pregnant with her.

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track

Last edited by love2b150 : 03-31-2014 at 07:03 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:08 AM   #153
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/120/128

Height: 5'3"

Rennie, and WAY TO GO!! You are doing amazing, and giving yourself the best birthday present ever. I hear you on the pregnancy gain thing: I gained 50+ with each of my first two and 30 with my last. That hunger is hard to contain.

And yes, I've made lots of trifles and they always go fast! Yum... My boys always get the last word on their own birthday desserts. Usually they pick the flavors and I make suggestions until we come to a meeting of the minds and stomachs.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #154

Thanks Cattails , I wish it were that easy in here with food. But I can't blame anyone but me. My Pastor was saying yesterday how times have really changed. We use to eat what we were given no questions or smirks, we would go to the store and not ask for anything and didn't dare place anything in the buggy but these kids are so different and again I can't blame anyone but me. They do eat pretty well (asking for the junk that they want, not just getting it) it's only the oldest boy that has the weight issue the rest are thin so I need to get him in gear with the correct way of eating He made a cake yesterday (box yellow and ate a bowl of cake and ice cream after the gym) I told him that is just insane,, but he will see when he can't lift as much as he use to (which he mentioned yesterday also) Thanks for listening

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track
Old 03-31-2014, 09:15 AM   #155
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Rennie, congrats on your new low...you can almost smell the 150's!

Cat, DH and I always split a fajita when we go to Mexican. Congrats on staying at 115!!

Zumba, I will be interested in hearing about that book.

Heidi, I like the short style.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:18 AM   #156

S/C/G: 154/see signature/130

Height: 5 foot 5

Good Morning All....Well its March 31 and I looked out my window this morning to see...yeah, you guessed it....SNOW! How bizarre! I'm wondering how many of my students will come out today to work out......

I had a bit of a break down last night..more stress with the ex, we are going back to court and SOON. My lawyer said we have no choice with the way that he is acting and ignoring the custody agreement among other things. She also needs another retainer. definitely stress that i don't need. No wonder i binge....I had a good long cry yesterday and then ate an ice cream sandwich ..

But....I woke up today and I'm serious about getting a handle on things.......April 1 is tomorrow, its a new month..new start.....I'm going to figure out this weight thing....everything else will be worked out also.

Too afraid to get on that scale, last time i did i was at 152.2. Goal for this week is to be back in the 140s.

Last edited by Zumbachica : 03-31-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #157

SUM I have every diet book ever written....no lie. If you saw my collection you would be shocked. Alot of them i left behind when I moved...but this isn't really a diet book...its more about getting in touch with your own body, stopping the binges. I hope it helps otherwise it will be just another book i wasted money on.

LOVE2B I'm so sorry your son is having such a hard time.....if he is an athlete then eventually he will see a change in his abilities. Its so important for young people to learn those habits young, this way they won't be doing what we are now.....just keep reinforcing the fact that he has to show control and make good choices. Its hard at that age..I really wonder how my son is going to eat when he goes to college, if he's going to throw all his good habits out the window and live on pizza. Oh and you mentioned what you weighed when you got pregnant, i was 121 before my first pregnancy....128 with my second. Both times I blew up to crazy proportions but i managed to lose it afterwards. It took work though. My weight problems happened long afterwards....and what i weigh today is probably MORE than what i weighed in at 9 months pregnant. Boggles the mind when I think about it...

CATTAILS it is hard to go out to lunch and make good choices especially with Mexican....I LOVE GUACAMOLE....the problem with mexican places is that the tortilla chips are on the table....so good for you and your DH for making good choices....
Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #158
Fat to Fab and Fit

It is my fast day and FCA day. I am kind of bummed about going in, because our weather is supposed to be gorgeous. 56F and sunny. Thinking about postponing my volunteer day to Wednesday when it is yucky outdoors.

Yesterday;
B - Green tea
L - Salad w/grilled chicken, avocado, feta, veggies and dressing
D - Jambalaya w/chicken, salad

Exercise
3.3 mile pup walk 60 min

Weight

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #159

Thanks Sum , only 2.6LBS to go ... I am trying not to get too excited because when I do I mess up So I've just got to mosey on along and work this journey like I am just starting with determination but for longer Did you choose to go in on Wednesday?

Zumba I am hugging you with the hug of peace. I'm so sorry you have to keep going through all of this I wish I had the money to fly up there just to give you a big hug. Stay strong and pray for your ex, don't allow him to keep pulling you down. Keep your head up Thanks regarding my son. I am really trying to instill in him good habits. It is hard, every extra penny he gets he spends on food. If I won't take him to get it or allow him to order it, he'll go to school and buy it. Subs, pizza, fries Pregnancy weight ---> I was one of those people that thought oh I just had a baby and I am fine (my excuse) not knowing that I would just get bigger and bigger. And after 7 pregnancies I'm finally on track to get my body back 10 years postpartum You did great during your pregnancies

Last edited by love2b150 : 03-31-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Thanks Sum , only 2.6LBS to go ... I am trying not to get too excited because when I do I mess up So I've just got to mosey on along and work this journey like I am just starting with determination but for longer Did you choose to go in on Wednesday?

Zumba I am hugging you with the hug of peace. I'm so sorry you have to keep going through all of this I wish I had the money to fly up there just to give you a big hug. Stay strong and pray for your ex, don't allow him to keep pulling you down. Keep your head up Thanks regarding my son. I am really trying to instill in him good habits. It is hard, every extra penny he gets he spends on food. If I won't take him to get it or allow him to order it, he'll go to school and buy it. Subs, pizza, fries Pregnancy weight ---> I was one of those people that thought oh I just had a baby and I am fine (my excuse) not knowing that I would just get bigger and bigger. And after 7 pregnancies I'm finally on track to get my body back 10 years postpartum You did great during your pregnancies
Love 2 b..thank you so much ...you are a kind woman. It would be nice to have a hug ....in fact, I need hugs more now than ever. I didn't do great with my pregnancies at all..I ate horribly and gained alot of weight...but i did manage to lose it....I think with my second son it took a few years...LOL.... seems like a million years ago....

Old 03-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #161
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Awww, Zumba, so sorry that you are having a rough go of it... My heart goes out to you...

CatTails one fajita for the 2 of you -- that's awesome! Those plates are always so big...

Sum beautiful weather here too!

Rennie you are doing so great!!

kelijpa

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #162

Zumba I love hugs ...

Thanks Heidi

Last edited by love2b150 : 03-31-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #163
Fat to Fab and Fit

OMG ladies, spring has sprung! 60F outdoors and sunny. After this miserable winter; today felt amazing.

I was at the FCA and I am usually too tired to move once I get home, but not today; I HAD to go outdoors. So I went to my woods and took a nice walk with my fur-baby. -- I am hoping that this weather pattern remains with us

I had a fast day and I did really well. I have not decided what to have for dinner. I think I will have some leftover Jambalaya. I know it is a bit carby....

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-31-2014, 06:51 PM   #164
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-31-2014, 06:56 PM   #165

Sum, the boys are making Jambalaya for dinner tonight enjoy ... and I love the sound of your excitement. The weather here is great today, it's supposed to be in the 70's all week with rain on Friday

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.