3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings Dance Like a Chicken Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/293839-40-somethings-dance-like-chicken-day-challenge.html)

Sum38 03-29-2014 11:24 AM

I worked like mad around the house yesterday, therefore I only have hubby's and my laundry to do today. Kids laundry got done; which is usually a huge task. I know, I know...I should make them do their own laundry, but sometimes I just want to clear it all up and just do it. DS is pretty good about throwing things in the washer when needed, DD is another story, she accumulates a month's worth laundry and then her room has no room to walk. That is when this momma gets involved...and she knows it too, Takes a full advantage :D

LOl, I drive the tiniest car around, A Mini Cooper :D We have seated the entire family in it on an occasion but the one who gets to sit behind my hubby is not comfortable :lol: he is nearly 6'3" . But it is usually just me and my doggie that drive about together. Both of the kids have their own cars. And if we go somewhere as a family we take the SUV. It is kinda sad but we barely go out as four of us. Kids are too old. :cry:

I weighted myself today and it was not pretty. 144, which is a huge redline for me. I was at 141 just two days ago, ugh.

I will keep my calories low today, drink lots, and lift weights, walk on treadmill and swim; a triple day. Nice thing is, that I will have the time to do it :) No housework.

Hopefully I will drop a few pounds of bloat today.

newleaf123 03-29-2014 04:09 PM

Decided it has been a long time since I changed my photo. Not sure I'm happy with my hair. Time for a new style, I think!

MarleneV 03-30-2014 01:29 AM

Cattails! Another Z fan! I love my car, love driving it and taking care of it. would like to have an older one, but since I needed something to drive every day, went with this one. Eventually I get an older one too. You should see the two 240s that two club members own, fully restored & one has chrome under the hood.

Sum, the Z is a two-seat sports car. My DH wasn't real thrilled with the choice, but we have 2 other cars, a crew cab pickup and 2 motorcycles. 80-90% of the time it is just me, so why not?

Cattails 03-30-2014 05:47 AM

Marlene, I would love to see those 240's -post pics sometime! I often wonder where mine has ended up...

Ha, Sum, I've actually gotten to the point of only doing my laundry - I'm sick of sorting everyone else's dirty and clean clothes when they don't even care! LOL Mini's are so very cute; I drove my sister's recently, what fun! Seven gears and great acceleration, whoo! Driving the boring vehicles I have the past several years has probably been good for my driving record. :D Though when I need to - a while back I was driving one DS to a music lesson and we were really late, DH was along for the ride and was really quiet while I hustled into town; finally he choked out, "My god, you drive my truck like a race car!" I beamed and said "That's the nicest thing you've ever said about my driving! Thank you!"

Heidi, balsamic makes everything better, doesn't it? Nice new pic. :)

Aw, Zumba, a family reunion, how sweet! Sorry this stage of dog ownership is so chaotic but it will pass and get better. :)

Cattails 03-30-2014 06:03 AM

I'm feeling better than I was earlier this week and did a strength routine today, the one that took so long the first time through. This time it "only" took 60 minutes - why does the article say it's a 30 minute routine?! Oh well, it's all good, and was a pretty good workout. I would have gotten out for some walking/biking as well if it weren't pouring down rain all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be clear, we've got enough water for the time being - the ground is saturated.

My scale is showing 115 regularly now so I'm changing my stats. I really want to stay under 120 and this gives me 5 pounds of buffer, so that's very cool.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday. :)

Zumbachica 03-30-2014 08:43 AM

Good morning all and happy Sunday.....Dog finally slept through the night, although i found some smelly surprises in her crate when i woke up. I'm not sure why she didn't try and wake me up so she could "go" but i am so grateful for the sleep this morning you all have no idea! LOL....

Something hurtful happened last night with some friends and I ate my feelings again...ate a can of pringles. I guess this emotional eating thing is going to take some more work. I'm fasting today to make up for it.....nothing to eat until tonights dinner.......

Goimg shopping with a friend so she could buy something to wear in hair for her wedding....not a veil headpiece but a pretty headband or a clip......then i'm going to whole foods to buy healthy foods....planning a low carb week.....

Zumbachica 03-30-2014 08:48 AM

cattails a five lb buffer is extremely cool!!!!! i can't even imagine being 115....thats probably what one of my thighs weighs now,,,,:dizzy: as far as you workout goes if you need to take your time with it you should....i think faster resistance workouts become more aerobic so if you wanted that added bonus you need to go faster but its not necessary. Just something i remember from my old lifting days.

NEWLEAF i like your photo..and i like your bangs.

SUM mini coops are so incredibly cute.

MAGICSUSAN bon voyage!:carrot:

newleaf123 03-30-2014 05:22 PM

Well, it's 5:20, time to make dinner, and I'm feeling hungry. Sign of a good day.

B: cappuccino
L: cantaloupe, portabella mushroom carmelized onion fritatta, whole wheat toast with unsweetened apple butter
S: apple, wasabi peas, handful of nuts
D: planned chicken soft tacos, steamed kale

newleaf123 03-30-2014 05:26 PM

How do you think this would look?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/23...24952eab28.jpg

I do think one of the tricks to grey hair is lots of makeup. Sometimes I do put on a lot of lipstick & eye shadow. It seems to help.

newleaf123 03-30-2014 05:27 PM

Maybe this would look better on me.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/23...14da779dfc.jpg

kelijpa 03-30-2014 06:18 PM

:lol:

Hello all :sunny:

love2b150 03-30-2014 07:31 PM

Marlene we will have to start a countdown till my bday then you'll have one day left for tax season to be over :hug: Sorry about you eating alone :hug:

Sum I'm screaming about laundry now, I cleaned everybody's room last week and I do not plan to do it again. I did all of the laundry and all they had to do is put it away. Our issue in here is towels, I have never seen people go through towels the way they do, it drives me nuts. Your 141 to 144 in a couple of days is water weight, you'll get it back down :)

Thanks Cattails :) I hope to see 160 in the next week :crossed: Once you get use to the workout, it won't take you but 30 minutes I'm sure :) 115 :congrat: I can't wait to see Noah, but we only see the movies when they come on DVD because there are so many of us. That one we will buy for sure.

Zumba sorry about last night, I hope today is better :hug: Could you buy a new tray for the crate? I think maybe the puppy smells the poop in it and thinks that it's ok to poop there. It weird that it didn't sound off after it pooped. Zumba I hope you don't have to wait an entire month for the puppy to start understanding what it's being taught :(

Heidi, I like that style

keli :wave:

Zumbachica 03-30-2014 08:05 PM

newleaf, i like that style...the human one, not the feline one. but would you be able to style it like that?

Zumbachica 03-30-2014 09:39 PM

took a test online..it winds up that i am most probably a compulsive eater, a binge eater...i need help and i don't know where to turn....orderd the book "Overfed Head"..hope it helps..i don't want to live like this anymore...

Cattails 03-31-2014 03:58 AM

Zumba, you are silly! A 115 lb. thigh - I've no doubt your proportions are much more wonderful than you perceive. I will keep in mind the faster lifting thing - I do lift very slowly and carefully as my joints are iffy (arthritis) but could probably speed up a bit more and still be controlled. Maybe do faster sets with lighter weights sometimes?

I'm sorry about your difficult night. I hope "The Overfed Head" gives you some helpful insight; I've seen positive references to it from others. Kudos for seeking help, I've no doubt you'll be able to make some changes with the right tools at hand.

Heidi, personally I like the feline cut - just kidding! That hairstyle looks pretty zazzy, I'm sure you'd have fun with it.

Hi Rennie! LOL, towels... My MIL told me when she had 5 teenage boys growing up under her roof, she bought each of them a set of different-colored towels, and each kid was responsible for washing and putting away his own. I guess that was a real issue for her as well, and that solution helped her keep her sanity. :D

:wave: to Kelijpa and all others!