3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Something St Patrick's Challenge

Old 03-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #121
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Half way through this challenge and I am up I know I had a vacation and I have been sick, BUT I hate when I don't make any progress. So I vow to do better. First I need to get back to this challenge beginning weight, which was 140 pounds...then I need to work on dropping at least 3 pounds before this challenge ends! Failure is not an option. -- I may not meet the goal, but I can see how low can I go. Oh, how I miss those 4 pounds per week drops, I could use one now

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #122
love to be a lower weight

S/C/G: HW 220/SW 197.2/ticker/GW 132

Height: 5'3

Thanks Carma glad to hear your daughter is better sorry about your stomach. I would like to go back to Curves. I did really well while there getting things toned and in shape. I may look into it when I start working again if it's not too expensive

Thanks Sum ... right now 132 ... when I get there I guess I'll know but it feels good to even see this number whether I like the look or not My current goal is to get under 165 by the end of the week and I do think it is doable if I continually talk myself out of things I know I shouldn't have I hope you get some relief with your ears, wow ... can you swim with them bothering you? Feel better Sum we know you and you WILL do this

Some information from CDC site

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches
Weight: 165 pounds

Your BMI is 29.2, indicating your weight is in the Overweight category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 104 to (141??) pounds.

... and when I type in 141 it still says overweight, it doesn't say normal until 140 so I have 25 pounds to lose ... this is not encouraging at all because that number seems like it is forever away

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track

Last edited by love2b150 : 03-02-2014 at 02:44 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #123

S/C/G: 154/see signature/130

Height: 5 foot 5

Hey all, going to make this quick since i've been wasting time all morning and didn't get any real chores done. We are waiting for another storm, it is only going to be 3-6 inches so I'm curious how this effects my day tomorrow. I'm in a panic because i'm filing taxes for the first time on my own....so much paperwork to gather.

I'm doing the atkins thing and actually feel like i'm in ketosis now.....but i wonder when i'll see a drop in the scale. My body is sore from the 21 day fix workouts, which means they are doing something to wake up my muscles that i am using way differently than i do in Zumba....

Two zumba books came in the mail so I am going to make a fire and start reading later on...first some chores ......I'm wondering if my first day of title school is going to be cancelled tomorrow evening due to the weather.

Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #124
Fat to Fab and Fit

I finally dragged myself for a walk and now I am ready to back to my exercising

I obviously can not drop weight with diet only. Ever since I stopped exercising, I have stalled out, and to be honest my eating has not been horrible. So the only way for me to shed some pounds is to keep my walk/weight lifting/swimming/aerobic routine. -- I hope once I reach my goal weight that I can maintain without this grueling workout schedule! Kinda scares me. It would be nice to be able to get to a point where I walked my pup daily and lifted weights 3 times per week and be able to maintain my weigh...wonder if that will be possible?

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #125

Zumba sorry about the soreness but you are obviously working it out so your reward should be great

Sum good for you on the walk I wish my lazy self had done that earlier I sure hope that when you get to maintenance you won't have to workout as hard ... maybe go to the maintainers threads and read around or ask.

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track
Old 03-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #126
Fat to Fab and Fit

The maintainers scare me (Not in all seriousness ) But, I look upto them so much.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #127

Sum you're so close (I can't wait to say that ) you'll be there soon so you might as well go snoop around,

Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #128

okay i pulled in around 1500 calories today, it should be 1300 but my carbs are ultra low so I'm pleased. Felt that Atkins flu in the afternoon, but had some sodium and i'm feeling much better. It was good to have a day home and i'm bracing myself for a CRAZY WEEK.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #129

love2b: you asked me about the shake ology shakes? don't waste your money. They aren't magical and they are expensive. I know my coach would feel differently. I got them because they came with the 21 fat fix but i'm not even making them yet because they aren't low in carbs. If you really want to start with shakes then go to GNC they have a great low carb shake that tastes pretty good. The best shake is one with natural ingredients and that tastes good. I personally can't substitute a meal with a shake...because I still feel hungry afterwards. I hope this helped....
Old 03-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #130

Zumba good job on the low carbs it should definitely work in your favor to combat the extra calories, way to go Thanks on the shakes, I do appreciate it

The boys are making fries and we know how much I love fries. I usually eat a few but I will pass this go around to keep that scale moving

Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #131
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/120/128

Height: 5'3"

Apple Blossom, running and rowing regularly? You sound to me like a strong and active 40-something!

Woo-hoo, Rennie, I knew you'd get there! That's awesome!!

Nice going, Zumba, glad that you're finding your groove.

Sum, I'm sorry about your ear troubles, hope that you can find some permanent relief for that condition. About the maintaining, you'll find your own balance. I too worried that I'd have to keep ramping up my exercise and cutting back on calories to maintain but that just isn't so. I exercise for two reasons: to keep my metabolism humming and to try to be as strong as I can be. Some weeks I go at it hard and then I go for a couple months just using a light resistance band and stability ball exercises. The important thing I think is to keep moving in some way. By the way, the maintainers kind of intimidate me too! Maybe once I've maintained for, I don't know, 7 or 8 years, I'll feel worthy of joining their thread.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #132

Thanks Cattails Maintaining for 8 months is great

Old 03-03-2014, 12:21 AM   #133

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Rennie, The reason I hate to leave the breakfast is because I have to go to work. I'd rather stay longer with everyone & hang out. Using a low carb tortilla would be good, and cut some calories too, but since I'm eating this one at a restaurant...

Sum, thanks. I think the discipline comes from the natural accounting tendency to follow rules. That is, once I knew the rules to follow that would work for me... Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather.

Zumba congrats on the good day.

Carma (and anyone else interested in breakfast tacos), they are really pretty simple to make. Scramble up the eggs, make whatever meat you want with it, and heat up the tortillas. Put everything in the tortilla, sprinkle on some cheese and add salsa to taste. Other options could be potato or beans. Although, I rarely make them at home because so many places here offer them, and they are cheap. Its more common here for someone to bring a bag to the office in the morning instead of a box of donuts (and so much more healthy). My breakfast Saturday was $3 plus tax, I gave the waitress $5 and told her to keep the change.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:39 AM   #134

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Cattails, I just noticed that we hit goal at about the same date. That's cool! I'm with you on maintaining... simply because I've been here before and then gained it all back, which I intend to not do ever again.

this am was 125.0

B - breakfast protein bar
L - salad with chicken, egg, guacamole, salsa, orange, animal crackers
S - cheese stick, chocolate chip cookie
D - salad with chicken, egg, guacamole, black olives, salsa, orange, animal crackers
S - magic pop

Yes, dinner was basically the same as lunch. I went to our evening church service and wasn't feeling particularly ambitious or creative when I got home, and everything was there and ready.

What I'm not doing very well with is the exercise. It was nice yesterday to walk, but our weather today did a 180 turn, and was wet & cold so no walk today. I haven't done 30DS since before we went on our ranch trip. I need to get this turned around. Our church is doing a program for Lent that includes physical fitness with the spiritual and mental aspects, and having a fun 5K the Saturday before Easter. It kicks off this Wednesday, and they are going to have a FaceBook page for it. I'm trying to get motivated to participate. This time of the year is so hard with work demands, and the fact that I'm tired of my job now too doesn't help.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #135
Fat to Fab and Fit

I'm craving for coffee this morning. I should prolly get some decaf coffee for the mornings like this. It is sooo cold outside, -5F, brrr.

I had a nice OP day yesterday. Totally low carb. Scale dipped below 140, not by much, but still....

I am a little bummed out that I have to volunteer at the FCA today, I feel like that I am getting my exercise mojo back. Funny how quickly one can lose it, a few days off and vacation and poof it is gone. Anyhow, I have a full day ahead of me and I am usually way too tired to drag myself to the gym at night. I must say, working moms rock. I don't know how they work, feed the family and workout -- I guess if I had to work, I would workout in the mornings because I am an early raiser.

My full time job is to lose weight. With all the exercise I was doing it felt like a full time job too. Since I only volunteer 2-3 days per week, I have all this time to dedicate on myself, I have no excuse for being fat (or have a messy house ).

I started following what is called Slow Carb Diet. Rennie does it as well. I Googled it, but I should really get the book. It allows one day per week to eat what ever -- I followed something similar years back, when I lost 30 pounds...I called the splurge days as my "fat days". I ate strict 6 days per week and one day I splurged. -- I won't go crazy with my splurge days, but I will have sushi or other no-no foods. It will give me an opportunity to eat out without feeling guilty.

I noticed that I can not follow SBD because of all the fake sugars involved and low fat products. I barely eat sugar, but I am not willing to do low fat and low carb at the same time. I guess I don't need to worry about the full fat dairy. Because slow carb diet says no to dairy products.

My day yesterday was a low calorie day, I simply was not that hungry;

Meals
B - Hardboiled egg, tea
L - Spinach salad w/grilled chicken, veggies, sprinkle of feta cheese and vinaigrette dressing
D - Salmon and broccoli
S - None

Exercise
3.3 mile walk/hike through snow

Weight this morning; 139.8

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 03-03-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.