40-Something St Patrick's Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 18
Go to
  • all time high on the scale this morning...151.2....ouch! Hurt me just to look at that on the scale. Still feeling some pain, just not as badly. If it continues i'll have another doctors appt to make. Im hoping that i can get that number down soon because it really is disconcerting. I feel like such a loser. I get in front of my classes today and they're probably all thinking about how fat i'm getting. This just makes me more self conscious and upset about it.

Eating way clean today and trying to up the water consumption. Teaching three classes so I can't say i won't be getting my workout in at least. Kids are back to school today.
  • Well, I ran Friday but not Saturday and had a few glasses of wine at a friend's house and some dessert (and didn'tdrink enough water) and am up a bit today.

But, yesterday and Friday I ran for an extra half mile, so that was good.

Magicsusan- you asked if I found that I gained a bit when I started running. I personally did not this time around, and I do not recall if I did back when I really started (before baby no. 1). This time around I started running the same week I got strict with calorie counting, so that might be one reason I did not gain.
  • Well, no damage from my trip; I actually lost two pounds in 10 days.-- All those home cooked meals paid off. We only eat out a few times and I was being mindful. Our friend cooked steaks one day, and that was my highest calorie meal of the trip.

I was so tired that I slept late. I never sleep in. I missed an appointment this morning; unusual for me.

My poor husband had to be up at 4:30 and drive to Cleveland I was being a bad wife, and I did not even send him off

I am enjoying my morning tea and then I need to go to the gym; back to the grind. My 138 pounds is motivating me; all those size 6 clothes are only a few pounds away Funny though, I feel fatter than ever. All clothes are fitting looser but some how my head is not understanding/seeing that I am getting smaller. All I see are the fat lumps I have. Did this happen to anyone else whilst losing weight?

I entertained an idea a while back that I could be happy at 135 pounds, today I see that I won't. I have a feeling that 125 pounds won't make me happy either. -- I remember being 117 pounds and quite happy with my looks. So I have 20 more pounds to lose, ugh. I have a really small frame. At 172 pounds I looked huge; people probably thought that I was 200 pounds.

So I guess I will be part of 3FC's for awhile -- I could not imagine doing this without you ladies. The support is amazing! -- So even when/if () hit maint. I won't go anywhere. I think keeping the weight off will be more work than losing it.

Well off to start my day. Back to logging and exercising!
  • SUM Maybe it is going to take you a while for your mind to catch up with your body...or maybe you just need to feel "firmer" or more toned before you feel smaller...but you are smaller and when you start trying on smaller clothes and they fit well it will hit you. I think torturing yourself to get down to 117 may not be a good thing for you but what do i know, i'm the one that is gaining weight in this challenge. I just want you to celebrate your accomplishment instead of still feeling dissatisfied.

I also have a small frame so that i don't carry extra weight well, at all....some people can......

i notice now that i have more weight on me i also have heartburn....when does it end?

Took a fall on the driveway and had a hard time getting up...if i weren't in such good shape i would probably be calling an ambulance right now....if an older heavier person took that same fall it would not have been pretty sight....

I hope everyone is having a good day..
  • Zumba I was there where you are about a year ago and then something snapped in me on March 28th and I got my act together (for the most part; ups and downs all the way). -- I was really fat at that point, nearing 170 pounds. I remember the first day (March 28th) when I went for a walk and I was patting my belly; I looked (and felt) 7 months preggo. I remember thinking that gotta start sometime (and now I am 30 pounds lighter).... You will find your mojo, the time may not be right yet. You have a lot on your plate. Your divorce is fresh, new house and you are trying to find your spot in this world, in so many other levels. Be kind to yourself. Be forgiving. Harsher you are to yourself, more you will fail. -- Both of us are emotional eaters. -- I remember feeling so fat and sad and eating because it did not matter anyways; what's a few more pounds on my horrid body already was my mindset. -- Once I starting being gentle with myself and forgiving (in many levels), I started losing weight.

BettyBooty Congrats on your extra half a mile. Running is the best exercise!

Cattails It is good to surprise your body with different exercises.
    How's your mom doing?

Magicsusan Happy Monday to you too!!

Chubby mum A very nice drop a week before! I hear you about the guests!

Wonder where are Heidi and Marlene?

I wish I was there to hug you!
  • I'm back! This past weekend was my ranch trip, and we knew they didn't have good cell or much Internet service, so I just told everyone I wasn't going to be connected. When we got back on Sunday afternoon, I decided to just not get on then either, because it was nice to have a break.

The ranch we visited also runs a "fitness ranch" at the same facility, so there were healthy options at every meal. I choose some of them, but had a few treats as well. I'm sure we burned a lot of calories, riding, roping, and helping out. I weighed 123.5 the day we left, and 126.0 this am. Some of that was likely the kids hamburger & fries meal I had for lunch on the way home Sunday. I haven't had either of those in such a long time, but it smelled good. Interestingly, it didn't taste as good as it smelled, so I'm not worried about getting back into that habit.

So back to my regular routine this week. I'm interested in seeing if I will get back down to the 123.5, that's the lowest I've been. Like to firm up the belly area more.
  • What a fun get-a-way, Marlene! And congrats seeing a new low! You go girl!
  • I had my physical for my volunteer position; they had to give me a flu shot (my very first ever) and take some blood for a TB test. The blood part was a disaster. They finally succeeded after 3 tries and I am such a baby what comes to bloodwork. I started feeling fainty. I did not enjoy that part of my volunteer process!

I kinda pigged out last night, I OD'ed on coleslaw and turkey sticks Strange binge, I know, but that is what I had at the house....Surprisingly my weight stayed the same, makes me wonder if I had not binged, I would have had whoosh?? -- I never made it to the gym I MUST drag my butt over there today and get back into working out. I was so addicted to my workouts before my Colorado trip, and now I feel more lax about them...gotta get back!

I did not log my food either

So today's goal is to get back on track what comes to logging my food and exercising. Otherwise it could be a slippery slope.... I have come way too far to fail now.
  • I miss Mrs. S! I hope she would pop in with her witty updates.
  • Hi everybody...I lost a lb of bloat from yesterday so I feel a bit better, I felt so bloated and uncomfortable the past few days. I'm starting the 21 day fix workouts tomorrow i hope i stick to them. I never follow through with what I start.

I have an eye appt today and then thankfully nowhere to run to tonight so I can stay home....and cook a healthy meal for dinner. I have a new asparagus recipe.....
  • Sum, I think not being able to see yourself objectively is the norm! For me, there were lots of times (and even still now) that I could only see fat. What I do then is look at my clothes sizes - so much smaller! - and reread some of my previous entries in my journal to remind myself of where I started and how far I've come. You've made great progress and your mind will catch up!

And speaking of weight goals, I wanted to say that I picked mine of 128 arbitrarily - it seemed like an attainable number, though one that I hadn't seen in 20 years so I really didn't know if I could ever reach it. But my real goal was to eat and live in a comfortable and sustainable way and let my weight settle out where it would, which for now looks like 116 - who knew? Anyway, I hope you can be as proud of yourself for what you've done as we all are of you and just keep being good to yourself! That goes for everyone here on 3FCs.

Thanks for asking about my mom. She is doing okay, relatively speaking. She's over the flu and pneumonia but has some digestive upset that's making it hard for her to maintain or gain weight (and she needs to!) and now has a case of shingles just to add to the fun! Good thing she's such an upbeat lady.

Zumba, hope the 21 day fix keeps helping you feel good!

Marlene, your ranch trip sounds awesome!
  • And guess what? My wonderful DH rebuilt my pretty purple bike so I can ride again! Yay! My poor seat bones are taking a bruising though. LOL I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...(Queen)
  • Hello, all. It seems that I can never be on plan all around. I've been rocking it at the gym and rehab! I did 65 minutes of treadmill yesterday, 66 minutes of elliptical today, plus arm cycling machine. However, my eating hasn't been good. It's more the kinds of things I'm eating then the amount - but the scale is at an all time high of 168. I can't stand it! I don't know where my mojo has gone in the healthy eating department, but I know from experience that exercise alone won't cut it. The good news is that my leg is getting better each day, and I am really pushing myself to recovery.

Good luck, everyone!
  • [B]Magicsusan [B] I started running 2 months after my 4th was born and for FIVE WEEKS there was no real change in the scale. I definitely wasn't overheating and am breastfeeding so I should have been losing weight. Suddenly it started coming off and I've been averaging about a pound a week since.
  • Hi, all,

The ranch trip was fun. I enjoyed learning how to rope so much that I bought my own rope on the way home. Also stood up on a horse... The ranch owner tried to sell me a horse too, but my husband said he'll just take me back & drop me off for a few days the next time I need a horse fix.

This cm was 125.5, so that's good. Food today mostly good, had Mexican (beef fajita meat with salad) for dinner tonight, so expect to be up a little tomorrow.

HOpe everyone is doing ok.