3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Something St Patrick's Challenge

Old 02-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #46
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Finally a snow day. It is cold out there and windy. I'm keeping warm at Starbucks. In a while I will venture out and explore the Vail village.
According to the house scale I am at a new low,am really happy about that.
138.5. I am not jumping up and down with joy yet because the scale could be way off. At least the trend is down. I was 141a few days ago. Once I get home and if I am truly down I will jump with joy :-)
I have cooked each night except one, and even then I only had a salad with dressing on a side.
I brought three pairs of size ten jeans with me and they are too big on me. I even washed a pair in hot water and dried forever hoping they would shrink.... Lol. They got a bit tighter. .

We are staying in a hotel tonight. Maybe I will get a treadmill walk in.

Dinner will be out but I will get another salad.

It has been a nice vacation.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 02-20-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:26 AM   #47

S/C/G: 154/see signature/130

Height: 5 foot 5

My bday celebration continued today when A friend took me out to dinner....I had eggplant rollatini...it was great but I feel guilty now. I chalked today up to another failure.

I won't be getting on scale tmrw....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #48

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I was down 2 lbs this week, but I've only had a chance to run once, so tonight and tomorrow are it. I am going to try out a different dumbell/kettlebell routine before sundown Sunday, too.

First 10% goal (180): MET 2/1/14!!!
Next 10% goal (162):
Next & final 10% goal (145):
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #49
Fat to Fab and Fit

Happy birthday, Marlene!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 02-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #50
Fat to Fab and Fit

No weigh in for me today, stayed at a hotel. We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, I had tilapia and black beans with rice and some chips. Nothing to drink as usual. I'm sure that weight is up a bit. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning.

If I'm truly 138.5 I will keep my goal of 135 for the challenge, it should be doable. Once I get home and back to my grueling work outs I should be back on losing weight.

Today we are skiing at Breckenridge, well the boys are, I will bumm around the town. Later I will find a Starbucks and read my book.

I had a NSV before the vacation. I have two pairs of snow pants. The large ones were too big and I fit in to the size small ones :-) And as the vacation goes on they fit better and better. I like the small ones better anyways, the ski outfit is mint green and makes my eyes pop out.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #51

Hello all....my stay action is almost over....I enjoyed the time spent with friends...and the break from cooking and schedules. I did not losebweight this past week and Im not going to beat myself up over it anymore....it was a birthday celebration....making good choices from here on out,
Old 02-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #52
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/120/128

Height: 5'3"

Good going, Zumba. There's nothing wrong with enjoying life and everything right with it! I say if you want something, eat it and own it, and move on.

Sum, awesome NSV! Glad you're enjoying your vacation.

BettyBooty, nice loss for the week!

I think I need to take an exercise break for a day or few; I'm starting to feel broken. It's hard though, I really like to push myself and feel strong, but this bod can only take so much. Stupid arthritis...

B: yogurt/kefir with flaxseed, half a banana
L: salad with beans and chicken fajita meat, a few crumbled chips on top
D: chicken and broccoli stirfry
S: jicama, skinny cow ice cream sandwich, coffee with creamer, dark chocolate
E: 1 hr. walking, 1 hr. iron yoga

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!

Last edited by Cattails : 02-23-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #53

Cattails....listen to your body....if you're in pain give yourself a break.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:09 AM   #54
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126k/102.1/60k

Height: 162cm(ish)

Sum- Mexican food! Not something I get much of over here either. Do you not ski, or are you just fed up with it today?

Betty Booty, this is a bit off topic, but I'm just wondering if you (and others) found you initially gained a bit when you began running? I haven't been eating more than usual, have been exercising more than usual, but not losing... I read somewhere that starting a running program can make your body retain water, initially...

Zumba, I really second what Cattails said; don't feel guilty, enjoy the heck out of your birthday meal and then move on! Good luck getting back on track

Cattails, I know how you feel. The worst thing is my kids with perfectly healthy bodies who don't want to use them for anything but sitting in front of a computer

I'm starting c25k and walking, plus still doing the dumbells about twice a week to try and tame these over proportional bingo-wings. *sigh*

History!: Obese Category III Goals Achieved:Obese II (<110kg) Sept 4-13
Goals: Obese I (<95kg) Overweight (<82kg) Normal range (<68kg) Ideal (60kg)
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #55
Fat to Fab and Fit

Home sweet home.

Tomorrow will tell how I did during my vacation. I hope to have stayed the same, no gain I did eat more than intended....

The drive home was uneventful, I drove the graveyard shift. I enjoyed the peace and quiet and no traffic. Even passing though Chicago was a breeze.

DD stayed home alone and house is sort of a mess. The rest of the day will be spent cleaning up and doing laundry. Back to reality.

Tomorrow I will resume my exercise regime.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 02-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #56

Hi all...well the last two days i've had pretty bad ovarian pain....I feel extremely bloated and achey. Last night I was home bored, alone and in pain and i binged. This made me feel even worse. I won't get on the scale, it will be too scary a number and will probably send me over the edge emotionally. I am more determined than ever to lose this weight once and for bloody all.
My kids are back tonight, i have missed them so much. Tomorrow they go back to school and we all get back to "the grind". This means I am getting up early, making meals and running around. Although it is exhausting at times, it is a good thing for me to get back to routine. No more weekends away or nights out to dinner. Although I enjoyed my week long celebration it truly put my weight at a bad place...even my fat pants are barely fitting. When i think about how my job is to help others reach their fitness goals I feel like such a loser.
I'm starting the 21 day fix but not following the diet exactly because I think it borders on the ridiculous. You're supposed to fill up these little containers with food...how stupid. I would rather just follow the belly fat cure plan which always works for me.

BREAKFAST: coffee
LUNCH: shake ology shake
DINNER: salad made with kale, lettuce, cabbage, cheddar cheese and oil and vinegar. Three grilled chicken tenderloins.
Small square 80 percent chocolate.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #57

SUM. Welcome home. You were really mindful of what you ate when you were away, so I'm sure you did well weight wise. Im really proud of all you have accomplished since the new year. I wish I could say the same.......

MaGICSUSAN: my friend is working with dumbbells and really made huge improvements in her arms. sometimes that is all it takes.....keep up the good work...

CATTAILS: I am always so amazed at your food logs....you allow yourself treats and still maintain that skinny body....way to go....you found what works and you aren't depriving yourself.

MARLENE: have a happy bday
Old 02-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #58

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Hi everyone!

I was up a pound on my Friday weigh in but I'd lost nearly 3 the week before which is a lot for me, so if I'm back down to ticker weight this week I'll be happy. We've got guests which is always a mixed blessing - I've been able to get out for a nice long run while the babies sleep but there's more food organisation etc. in general I cook out of necessity but I certainly don't love it.

Hope everyone has a nice Monday!
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:41 AM   #59
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126k/102.1/60k

Height: 162cm(ish)

Mondays are a mixed blessing because the week is usually busy. Sorry you're struggling, Zumba. find those evil binge triggers and re-wire them!

chubbymum, happy running! I've just started-slowly- till I see how my joints and tendons take it, lol.

Have a good Monday, everyone!

History!: Obese Category III Goals Achieved:Obese II (<110kg) Sept 4-13
Goals: Obese I (<95kg) Overweight (<82kg) Normal range (<68kg) Ideal (60kg)
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:18 AM   #60
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/120/128

Height: 5'3"

MagicSusan, awesome about starting C25K - I did that last year and it was amazing. Keep us updated on your progress.

Welcome home, Sum! I'm sure your scale is happy to see you too.

Chubby Mom, sounds like things are going well, nice work.

Aw, Zumba, there's nothing like pain to derail your best intentions; hope that has diminished by now. Routines are good, I'm sure you'll find it easier to keep on track now that things can get back to 'normal.'

And you're right, of course; I have to listen to my body about when to stop as well as when to move. I've gone for walks the past two days and given my body a break from yoga and strength training. As for treats, it's important to me to not be deprived, so I've always figured in something or another on a daily basis, and I always eat food that I love - just not tons of it, except for vegetables, which I sometimes overeat.

Hope everyone has a terrific week.

B: yogurt and kefir with flaxseed, dried figs
S: banana, teaspoon of peanut butter
L: salad with beans and pumpkin seeds
D: pasta sauce over green beans
S: plain popcorn, coffee with creamer, 1 oz. dark chocolate

Last edited by Cattails : 02-24-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.