40-Something St Patrick's Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 18
Go to
  • Oh! I thought the annoying pop-ups were just a problem with me and my i-pad! They are driving me batty!
  • Magicsusan, I am now using IE because it was happening on Google Chrome. I don't know of another browser to use. I also get a new animated kind of 3fatchicks window that doesn't do anything when I try to go to the signature link it says it can't be displayed.
  • Quote: Weighed in this morning for the last time in this challenge and I was 150.4. For some unknown reason I decided to get on the scale again this afternoon, which is something I NEVER do.

!!! 149.8 !!!

It won't be official until tomorrow morning's weigh-in. But still.

So I lost 15.2 pounds in six weeks. Not quite the 16 I was aiming for, but I am sooo happy. No complaints here. See you all in the other challenges as they come up.
    shr1nk1ngme way to go, on the weigh in this afternoon and on your loss for the Valentine's challenge, great job
  • Wow, Shr1nk1ngme! That's great! Congrats

love2be, I don't know what's causing it, but 90% of the time when I click on a new thread or something, it takes me to the app store to buy some game or another. Getting irritating!
  • Popping in to wish our Greek goddess happy birthday! Posting from my phone so I don't have the patience to post personals.
    Colorado is sunny.
  • Happy Birthday Zumba ...

Sum hope you're enjoying the sun

Chubby mum, Happy Anniversary, it's today right?

Weigh in this morning 168.4. So happy to see that 8 hope I'll see the 7 tomorrow that will be a new low

Hope all is well with all of you
  • Zumba, hope your birthday was great fun!

Grats, Rennie, you are doing great!

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice weekend.
  • Thanks Cattails hope you're enjoying a nice weekend also

Loving today, the sun is melting the snow and ice and we are supposed to have warmer temps through the week
  • THANK YOU for the bday wishes!!!!!!!

My bday was amazing....went into NYC, stayed at a high end hotel and had champagne, chocolates and an amazing dinner....so romantic and just perfect. I didn't think about dieting, I gave myself permission to care about myself....now I'm home and its back to business!!

Noone to cook for this week so I have total control of portions and how or what I want to eat. I can't blame the fact that I'm cooking for kids as my downfall....I'll be going out to dinner on Thursday night but I already know the restaurant and I'll be ordering a salad. Friday I'm going to a jewelry party and I am eating before I go so I'm not so tempted by all the food....

I want to be 140 by the end of this challenge.
  • On track with food & water today. Not on exercise, because I had to do all of my errands today with working 6 days a week. Should have worked some today too, but just didn't feel like it.

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • OK, I will try a challenge. GULP I would like to hit 165 by St.Patricks day. I will be a very happy little leprechaun if I succeed!
  • WELCOME Apple Blossom!!
  • Kind of sad today....missing my kids.

Monday is my big workout day so that isn't a problem today...as far as eating goes I feel extra hungry, not sure why. Went to Whole Foods and stocked up on some stuff that will get me through the week without much cooking since I have no one to cook for except me . Keeping the carbs on the low as usual..no sugar.

Breakfast: Two hard boiled eggs
    Lunch: indian food at whole foods, I forgot what the things I ate are called but they were dough filled with peas and other vegetables.....my last high carb meal for the week.
    snack: hand full of chashews some rotisserie chicken
  • Quote: Kind of sad today....missing my kids.

Monday is my big workout day so that isn't a problem today...as far as eating goes I feel extra hungry, not sure why. Went to Whole Foods and stocked up on some stuff that will get me through the week without much cooking since I have no one to cook for except me . Keeping the carbs on the low as usual..no sugar.

Breakfast: Two hard boiled eggs
    Lunch: indian food at whole foods, I forgot what the things I ate are called but they were dough filled with peas and other vegetables.....my last high carb meal for the week.
    snack: hand full of chashews some rotisserie chicken
    Samosas? Yum!

I am having a challenging day... As soon as I got to work, my husband called from his work on my work phone line... he had tried my cell, but I was working with a client and missed his calls... my dad locked himself out of our house and I had to drive him to let him in. Then I had a meeting across campus and it is soooo cold. I thought about walking, but drove- still had a long walk. And I didn't get my lunch until just now!!

This is why planning & packing meals is vital to me. Had I not had my oatmeal here and my lunch, it would have been hard to make healthy choices under pressure! I am surrounded by quick & delicious restaurants.

I might skip my work out tonight. I am beat!
  • I'd love to do a challenge, St Patty's a month away and 1st day of Spring 30 days away. Love to get in that warmer state of mind ( in time for short season). Goals, lets go for 5 lbs. Walk/hike 3 times a week. Water, water, water. I want to keep to my calorie goal and weigh myself half way through and at end. That's going to be the toughest . I think that's a good start. Here we go. Happy to be aboard