Old 03-13-2014, 02:49 AM   #226  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Ha, I knew better than to prompt another challenge! Okay, I've got something in mind; I'll put up a new challenge in a few days. And let's not have talk about not accomplishing anything here - just staying in the game is an accomplishment, and every gain or loss is a learning experience.

I appreciate the sympathies; it is such a hard thing to outlive those you love. The flip side is animals like turtles - I have verbally bequeathed my turtles to a couple of sons since more than likely, they will outlive me (the turtles and the sons). Anyway, we will miss Matilda; she was a sweet beautiful girl.

Ah, Zumba, a new puppy, what fun! The adjustment is always rough, but soon she'll settle in and be comfortable - I hope! My DH always caves and lets our pups sleep in our bed, and so every night I have to tell 65 lb. Po to move his big butt out of my spot! The good thing is that he warms it up for me.

Sum, sounds like you are in a very good place and yay for that! You've made great strides in building a stronger, healthier you and that is wonderful. That goes for you, too, Rennie - those compliments are well deserved!

And good news here: this morning my middle DS asked me to help him do SB! He could stand to drop about 25 pounds, so I'm trying to show him how to do it in a healthy manner. I'm so glad he's willing to make some changes now before he runs into trouble.

to everyone and hope your week is a good one.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:35 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Ahhh Cattails, a "bed warmer"..how nice! Thats great news about DS wanting to do SB....with your guidance i'm sure he'll do fine....youngins have a better metabolism than we do....and SB is a healthy program.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #228  

Not sure why but my body is stuck at this number. Im not going to whine about it, it is what it is.

Today I hope to burn calories by catching up on housework. The puppy has consumed all my energy and time so things here are a wreck...I am teaching an easy class today (sleep deprived instructor is no fun) and then hopefully hit up one of my DVD workouts....I really miss the resistance training DVDs.

Kids are going back to their Dad today which makes me sad, I feel like they just got here thanks to him not following the schedule. I guess that will give me some more time to get a bit organized around here and focus on "stuff"... Maybe shed a few lbs before our challenge is over on Monday

I hope everyone has a nice day...
Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #229  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I have not stepped on that scale in three days, which is a miracle for me I think I will wait until the 17th before I do a weigh in; let my hormones settle down a bit. TOM is really causing havoc in my life this month.

We received about a foot of snow and as usual, I my car can not make it up the driveway. I will scrape the driveway well today and hope that the sun will melt the snow off. So I am stuck at home.

My house could use some love and attention. I may scrub the toilets and kitchen today; burn some calories.

Cat looking forward to the new challenge
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #230  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carma yes it is nice to hear

Nice comment to Sum, Zumba

... it appears that is the wake up call for so many of us SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE ... we never appreciate what we have until someone else puts it all into perspective for us and it's so easy to say it to someone else and not apply it to ourselves. I have been through some major challenges including divorce and having no place live but I continued to smile through it all. Many people around me that saw me often never even knew. It's easier to complain here because no one knows you and most of the people I've come in contact with do have a heart and are open to help. I do complain ... it gets it off my chest and out of my mind. I've learned over the years that holding in things that bother ME will only hinder ME and the ones I love. I am no help to them if I'm miserable but once it's out I pray, breathe and move on We all have our trials and I have learned also to never say never. When I tell my story, people have told me I need to write a book, just as a few of us probably could, I'm sure but they are lessons learned ... thanks for listening.

Thanks Cattails , so true --> just staying in the game is an accomplishment, and every gain or loss is a learning experience. Good to hear about your son My son said he wanted to lose some weight after church last night. He has said that before but this time I think he may be considering it (though he came home today and ate a huge bowl of oatmeal with sugar, milk and butter, smh) He weighs about 240 he wants to get down to 180. I'd love to help him for sure ... I'm just waiting for my cue

Sum good for you on staying away from the scale, I can't do it, I've tried. I have actually gotten better over the years because I use to weigh multiple times a day. Sorry about TOM. It's crazy to me how TOM has changed at this age. You never know what to expect (at least I don't)

Well I am happy to report this is day three of eating OP and I am back to my March 3rd low of 164.8. Now the victory will come if I am 163 in the morning of my won't I be happy. Sending myself some to stay OP ... last night I almost caved to some hot buttered biscuits. Instead I ate a s/f jello, cashews and a small apple. Pat on the back

Last edited by love2b150; 03-14-2014 at 07:50 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

I'm down a pound this week but there's no way I can lose two more in three days to meet my challenge goal of six pounds. I really do lose at a rate of one pound a week and no faster. This was the same as after my previous pregnancies. I suppose I could step it up and cut out my daily dark chocolate and generally calorie count but that's not how I eat at maintenance and I need to eat and exercise like this forever.

My body is a bit weird ATM - I can see my muscle tone re emerging but it's like the fat is sort of hanging off my tummy. Gross. After 4 kids I do expect some laxity but hopefully in 17 pounds' time things will have improved.

Last edited by Chubby mum; 03-13-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:23 AM   #232  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Lol the weird body, ChubbyMum. Mine is reorganising itsself and the bottom line is, nothing fits. It's not just a matter of the right or wrong size, my body is just a random assortment of sizes like Frankenfatty. Places where I've lost weight, gained muscle, places where it's stayed the same...

Cattails, so sorry about the kitty. We've had to say goodbye to two of ours, and we still miss and talk about them often, though it's been 6+ years.

Everybody else, is it spring where you are? I have daffodils! In early March! In SWITZERLAND?! I keep telling myself, "don't enjoy global warming, don't enjoy global warming..."

Take care. I'm borderline incoherent at the moment because I just got back from w2d3 of my c25k and I'm pooped. Trying not to get too bummed about the relative lack of loss; I just keep reminding myself that I totally suceeded on this challenge in my commitment to do the c25k and keep lifing dumbells 2xweek, so there's that.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #233  
~Rennie

Chubby mum I have the fat hanging off my tummy also. I was told by one of my doctors that it's just loose skin only surgery will help. It has gone done a bit and it's well hidden in my clothes but with them off not so good. It's all worth it though

Susan we had 5 days of spring like temps 70's and then yesterday was in the low 30's high 45. Today will be the same. I haven't checked the weather yet but there is ice on the car so it's probably colder than yesterday morning. Enjoy spring
on sticking to plan and making your goals of C25K and lifting, Great job!

Down another .4 to 164.4. Hope to keep this up

Last edited by love2b150; 03-14-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #234  

MAGICSUSAN you made me laugh out loud when i read the word Frankenfatty....I think that is what i'm going to call myself from now on....

CHUBBYMUM: Congratulations on losing that one lb....every lb counts!! I remember losing weight after my babies. it wasn't easy but i did it both times and had no problem with skin going back..it just takes time...the only thing that was destroyed was my boobs.....

LOVE2b I hear people tell me the same, that my story is incredible and I am so strong. I don't look at myself that way.....I just tried to do the right thing when faced with adversity. I've gone through such hard things and came out standing, yet I can't lose ten freeking pounds...crazy stuff....
Old 03-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #235  

Back up to 150. I laugh at this point. I had lunch with a friend today that lost a lot of weight.....she used to be my student and she was a bit on the chubby side, she now looks incredible. She wasn't on any formal type of diet, she just cut portions and ate healthy..she also started doing boot camp type classes....I don't know why it just clicks for some people and for others its just so hard.....we discussed the fact that my stress hormones were probably through the roof through divorce so maybe my body is just "stuck".....who knows.....tired of talking about it. Just taking a break from all of it for a while.....
Old 03-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #236  
~Rennie

Zumba remember our conversation (last year I think) ... we will always stand tall I am with you on losing 10lbs. My girlfriend started after me and has done wonderfully she is 41lbs down. I so want to be her, she looks great. I hear you on the break, that takes will also because I know if I take a break I'll be 30lbs heavier in no time. NO DISCIPLINE HERE, smh.

I made the oopsie bread. It doesn't taste bad, it looks exactly like the pictures but it's a little airy in the middle, reminds me of meringue. I'd like for it to be a tad bit firmer. Don't know if I'll try it with a burger or not. Also I followed the recipe and my mixture made 11 pieces. I count two as a serving which is 7 calories higher than the person that made the recipe on yourlighterside.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #237  

what is oopsie bread??? is it low carb? what kind of flour do you use...? and YES I remember our conversation...its meant a lot to me.....

Well my BF is not around tonight so I am going to meet some girlfriends at cheesecake factory but I WILL NOT be eating anything that isn't on their light menu.. or their small plates menu.....I'm going out more just to socialize than any other reason......
Old 03-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #238  
~Rennie

Zumba I love Cheesecake Factory their salmon, and asparagus meal is delicious

The oopsie bread is from yourlighterside.com it's made with 3 eggs, cream cheese and cream of tartar, very low carb. I ate a piece with my taco meat and cheese tonight much better if it has something on it I found

I went over my calories today big time. So not expecting a good number tomorrow. When will I ever learn, smh

Good night
Old 03-14-2014, 11:47 PM   #239  

interesting...all my years of atkins i never heard of making bread out of cream cheese and eggs....Do you make muffins in a minute? I found those to hit the spot when i was desperate for something "bready"
Old 03-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #240  

Im not weighing in today.....I know the scale will probably have a gain and I can't handle that mentally right now. I'm going to keep uber busy today and not think about food.

Its supposed to be a nice day so maybe i'll take a walk.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!