40-Something St Patrick's Challenge

You're on Page 15 of 18
Go to
  • Wow, I just spent a lot of time catching up and I haven't even been off 3FC for that long! Good to hear from all of you, through the ups and downs. It really makes me feel like I am not alone. I will try to check in more often, since I really feel too overwhelmed to make individual comments after all of that.
    Personally I am up in weight about a pound but that's really no big deal. DH is out of town for a few days and I will be good by eating salads and serious portion control while he is gone. Exercise has been on program all along, so that is certainly not my issue. I love Chubby Mum's comment about "run yourself ugly". I really don't put enough effort into my running work outs. I need to change them up.
    It is probably not going to be cold here where I live in Cali for much longer. We are moving into 1 layer weather, I would really like to feel comfortable wearing fitted T-shirts and jeans so I need to get rid of the muffin top and the bat wings. I dont want another summer of being over dressed and feeling self conscious. Seriously, last summer sucked. But there's no magic, so I need to work hard and stay committed. Hoping for a 2 pound loss this week.
  • Hi everyone....this puppy is beyond exhausting. She cries and screams whenever I am not in her site. She whines until i pick her up. and no matter where I put her crate at night or what I do she won't stop howling and crying....Chihuahuas are notorious for being difficult breeds to train and they weren't kidding. I have heard puppy stories before but this is truly something else. She is adorable and I love her but I have anxiety when i leave the house because i know she's in her gated area crying. Then i have anxiety when i'm home because she is on me like velcro. I tried taking a shower yesterday and had her in the bathroom and she kept screaming and climbing up on the shower doors.....Atleast human babies sleep in between feedings and in a bassinet or crib. Good Lord give me strength. Im starting to think that maybe she needs a different kind of family...one that could give her more time and patience. And less of an anxiety ridden fur mommy.

Lawyer gave me instructions on what to do if my husband pulls this stunt again, looks like i'll be back in court to revise the custody stipulation.....more anxiety.

Needless to say I haven't been eating or working out more than I have to this past week. I eat one meal a day and it could be anything . Not the best way to lose weight, but I have lost my appetite and that doesn't happen often.....so Im not in a rush to force myself to eat.

CARMA thank you for that reminder. I have a good friend battling cancer, so I totally understand how much i have to be grateful for..and something happening to one of my kids is unfathomable to me. Nothing is more important than our loved ones and our health.

BETTYBOOTY that is fantastic news about Will........so cute that he wants to go to school early to hang out with "Chloe"...

CHUBBYMOM have your DH come here for 24 hours to see what I go through with this puppy and he'll change his mind quickly....LOL

MAGICSUSAN I don't know what to tell you about not having lost weight, but my students complain to me about this all the time. I have no answers except that maybe you will see the fruit of your efforts soon....you'll see inches lost if noting on the scale. Maybe you need to take in less calories. I understand your frustration

Well everyone hang in there.
  • Hi all, another long day/late night. I did come home from the office for dinner at a reasonable time & we went for a walk, but I worked for 2.5 hours after that. Was a good day for eating too as far as calories, 1250 or so again. Tomorrow (or really today when i get up) is a work from home day, so hopefully I'll get lots done!

Hope everyone is ok.

Zumba, what about the old clock wrapped up in an old tshirt trick for the puppy?
  • Just checking in really quick. I'm kinda running low at the moment, had a sad weekend of deciding it was time to put my old tattercoat kitty Matilda to sleep. Ultimately it was the best decision but it still sucks big time. Other than eating a bit more chocolate than I ought to, I've been maintaining my intake well enough.

Guess it's really spring here: two of my box turtles emerged from hibernation yesterday. It's always a relief to see them come up after months underground - and they are very hungry!

Just five days left of the challenge; let's make the most of it, take care of ourselves and be thankful for what we have, as Carma noted. Who's going to start the next challenge?
  • Quote: Hi all, another long day/late night. I did come home from the office for dinner at a reasonable time & we went for a walk, but I worked for 2.5 hours after that. Was a good day for eating too as far as calories, 1250 or so again. Tomorrow (or really today when i get up) is a work from home day, so hopefully I'll get lots done!

Hope everyone is ok.

Zumba, what about the old clock wrapped up in an old tshirt trick for the puppy?
    I ran to walmart yesterday to buy an "old fashioned clock"....not sure if its not loud enough or what but it didn't work.....she could care less....
  • Good morning...puppy woke me up extra early. My weight is the same as yesterday......hoping to have some kind of woosh before our challenge deadline on Monday. Not sure if I'm going to participate in another challenge..the last few haven't gone well for me, in fact, I have gained weight.

I have to go into manhattan today to take care of some "business" and I hate it....its a long trip if you're going in for something that isn't fun......good news is I have no choice but to get some walking in....and i won't be eating much either....so lets hope that helps me see a little bit of a drop.....the weather is finally making a turn so I"ll be starting to walk again hopefully. Also this is the first spring in my new house and I can already tell I have lots of yard work to do as the snow melts..!! that means calorie burning old fashioned yard work and i'm sort of excited about it

better get moving, have to get two kids off to school and then catch at 7:46am train!! Have a good day everyone..
  • cattails: sorry about your cat
  • Cattails sorry to hear about your Kitty

I ate OP yesterday and over all believe I had a great day. No complaints. I was rewarded this morning with a 1.6 water drop so I'm happy about that also.

Have a great day everyone *
  • Cat, I am very sorry about your kitty cat!
  • TOM is kicking my butt this month. I used to have extremely painful period and then it got better. Last night was sheer **** with cramps. Last month was painless, but my period went on for 11/12 days, this month is painful; I am hoping for a short one.

I have not weigh-in for a few days, I am sure I am sky high with bloat.

We got 8 inches of snow and it is still coming down. I would have a board meeting tonight; on a good day it takes me an hour to get to FCA, and today is not a good day, so it would take me hours; I will skip. They won't be happy with me, but I am not risking my life.

Cat, would you like to start the next challenge? -- I don't think I accomplished anything during this challenge. I am happy to "break even" what comes to my weight. I must get my act together; eating OP and exercise going.

I am actually pretty happy at this weight (did I just say that??). I have a full closet of clothing that fit me and I look good in them. The 25 pounds I lost this year made a huge difference. People keep telling me that I should not lose any more weight. But I still want to drop 15 more pounds, but I don't think I am in a great hurry. I could enjoy life a bit and shoot for 1/2 pound loss per week. I think that would be a great compromise. And now each pound makes even a bigger difference The bloated look has left me, I have pretty nice hourglass shape shaping up/going on. #feelingpositive

Besides my horrid TOM, I feel very positive towards life.
  • Cat, I am so Sorry about your kitty. I lost my dog in November and I am still very emotional about it.
    It is supposed to go up to 80 degrees on Sunday!!! I am not ready!! Maybe it will inspire me to keep at it, I can NOT appear in summer clothes yet.
    Zumba, I am sure your busy day will be good to you. Stick with it! Lord knows I've been at this for years but I still have hope.
    Sum, TOM is so hard to get through! I always feel so yucky and ready to give up but there is usually a whoosh after it so hang in there!
    Hi to everyone else, I am behind schedule, gotta go!
  • Sum sorry about TOM but loving the positivity I'm hearing in your post I'll be glad when I can say that I am pretty happy at this weight . I am not curvy at all. So more loss will hopefully help with that Glad you are deciding to stay home today instead of venturing out in the snow.

Apple Blossom sorry to hear about your doggie

Two of my females cousins commented on my weight loss yesterday and were kind of thrown back when I said I needed to lose 34lbs more. I told them I want be 132. None of them will tell their weight, cracks me up since I weigh more than all of them. Another cousin came and said when he pulled up he thought I was my daughter because I was so slim (haven't heard that word ever) I smiled but his eyes are going bad or it was because he had parked so far back in the yard. My daughter is 120lbs and wears an extra small I am much wider than her but the compliment was nice
  • Cat-tails: sorry to hear about the city.

Zumba: I know you see the day as a giant pain however I can't help thinking it sounds exciting. It's been years since I have been into New York. Sorry to hear that the puppy is causing you to lose sleep.

Love: it's nice getting the your so skinny compliments. They are one of the things that keep me going.

Apple blossom: totally hear you on the muffin top.

Bettybooty: glad your son's biting is better.

Sum: glad to hear your at a happy place weight wise.

Marlene: hope things are easing up.

Hi to anyone I missed.
  • CARMA...yes NYC is an amazing place...I'm always in awe of it. Maybe because I grew up in one of the boroughs and Manhattan was always a jump step away I take it for granted. The train ride is long, its dirty, and when you aren't going in for a "good" of "happy" thing then its a real pain in the rear.....there's so much of it that the tourists DON"T see. I was so happy to get home today and see my kids and my pup you have no idea...LOL....

SUM how wonderful that you are enjoying the weight loss...you worked hard for it and you deserve it..ENJOY IT....so you want to lose more, okay,,,, But don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way .....My friend that has cancer told me the other day that "it all went so fast"..and I'm like "What did?" and she said "LIFE"....We need to celebrate everything...all the big things, all the little things...so celebrate the weight you lost..celebrate the clothes that you can fit into again...I'm a big fan of the hour glass shape myself so celebrate that also.

APPLE BLOSSOM; 80 degrees? Wow, what is that like? I still have patches of snow in my yard...well warmer weather gets us more active... Enjoy the sunshine...
  • Quote: CARMA...yes NYC is an amazing place...I'm always in awe of it. Maybe because I grew up in one of the boroughs and Manhattan was always a jump step away I take it for granted. The train ride is long, its dirty, and when you aren't going in for a "good" of "happy" thing then its a real pain in the rear.....there's so much of it that the tourists DON"T see. I was so happy to get home today and see my kids and my pup you have no idea...LOL....

SUM how wonderful that you are enjoying the weight loss...you worked hard for it and you deserve it..ENJOY IT....so you want to lose more, okay,,,, But don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way .....My friend that has cancer told me the other day that "it all went so fast"..and I'm like "What did?" and she said "LIFE"....We need to celebrate everything...all the big things, all the little things...so celebrate the weight you lost..celebrate the clothes that you can fit into again...I'm a big fan of the hour glass shape myself so celebrate that also.

APPLE BLOSSOM; 80 degrees? Wow, what is that like? I still have patches of snow in my yard...well warmer weather gets us more active... Enjoy the sunshine...
    Amen to what you said to sum.