Old 03-03-2014, 07:19 AM   #136  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Zumba Good luck today, first day of school is always exciting!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #137  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Marlene now I understand and I was thinking I may give it a shot with the low carb tortilla not telling you to do it I'm cooking bacon in the oven as I type. I'm gonna have a bacon, egg and cheese omelette You made the waitresses morning I'm sure, what a great way to start her day
I like this ---> Our church is doing a program for Lent that includes physical fitness with the spiritual and mental aspects, and having a fun 5K the Saturday before Easter. It kicks off this Wednesday, sounds like what our church does at the beginning of the year. I'm sure you'll get motivated, work and all and see that all time low

Sum I wanted coffee this morning and I made me a travel cup added some soy and s/f caramel Gosh it's cold up there I just got a call from the school ... 3 hour early dismissal due to ice and freezing rain coming. Sum to dips on the scale I got the book from the library and just keep renewing it as long as no one else request it

My calories were low yesterday thanks to some ridiculous snacking I decided to drink tea for dinner since I wasn't hungry anyway ... I think that's what is also referred to as intuitive eating, right? Today's calories are already on MFP and though not where they should be I have full meals planned, I may add a snack, idk. I am down .2 this morning to 164.8 a number I have never seen before
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Happy Monday everyone! Well no change in the scale really so I'm wondering what i am doing wrong. I think my calories are still too high even though my carbs are low. Atkins book is kind of specific about how many ounces of protein to have but I kind of do my own thing which I did last time also and it worked. I'm kind of annoyed right now, but i'll keep keeping' on.

An hour and a half of zumba and then i'm home to work out with my 21 day fix. I fell behind the group with my workouts because yesterday i just didn't feel good. I t hunk it was that atkins flu everyone talks about. I have to try and catch up now. I'm really nervous about class tonight.....Mama is way too old to be going to school. Going to hurry up and make some breakfast.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #139  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Marlene, my goal-sister! Oo, a 5k sounds fun! Don't think about it, just do it, you'll have a blast. Great stress relief, too.

Rennie, you are amazing! to an all-time low, and with fries lurking in the house!

Zumba, you are doing everything right, just keep at it. Those cardio workouts are challenging you in new ways and your body's just holding onto some water, that's all. Good luck with class tonight.

I am so excited; my DH has decided to take up SB again! He did it with me for a while back in 2012 when my whole turnaround started, and he lost about 30 lbs. and then just fizzled out, went back to his sausage and carb eating ways, put the weight back on. I think a cardiology appt. coming up has put a new fire under him, but I'm going with it! I've been so deep in phase 3 for so long that I need a refresher course in the first two again. LOL The slow-carb diet sounds intriguing, I may have to check that out for him. Like you said, Sum, we're not really happy doing fake sugars either.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #140  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Zumba I think you'll be fine in every aspect of your life. Things are coming together and you are doing what needs to be done to make things happen GO YOU

Thanks Cattails My son actually messed up on the fries. He didn't cook them long enough and his siblings let him know it He said he was never cooking them again, lol. Yay for your husband on doing SB I wish I had one person in here to share my journey with. My son started but then fizzled out also (a few times)
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #141  

Love2b: thanks girl!!! I really feel like things are going full circle now...its hard though....

CATTAILS.. that is wonderful news about your DH!!!!!!!!!! Unity is POWER...

SUM i know what you mean about SBD and the low fat/low carb thing...I give people credit, i was starving on that diet....so i have to either do low fat or low carb, i can't do both. I'm curious about this slow carb diet, all i need is to buy another diet book.....
Old 03-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #142  

well i was all dressed and ready to head out the door to class when I looked online and saw that they had changed the dates of the class...without letting anyone know!!!! What the hay!!!!!!! So annoying. I had my zumba class covered tonight because I wouldn't be there, which means I lost a nights pay! My friend also wasn't aware, she was already on her way to the school when i told her.

I tried sticking to atkins today, had a few sweet potato and flax chips which was a total No no..but even with that my net carbs were around 25. Calories are definitely lower than yesterday..so I'm really hoping I will see some kind of drop in the scale tomorrow....fingers are crossed......
Old 03-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

205.6 on the scale this am. Hoping to see 204.? in the am. Stuck to my calories and rather than eat my stress away after DH basically told me to mind my own business and let him progress his exercise how he wants to. Old me would have eaten the sleeve of GS cookies that are now in my house. New me opted to freeze my but off on a walk while listening to relaxing music.
Going to bed now. Will do personals tomorrow.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi all,

I'm tired this evening, so going to get off to bed. worked from home today, and into the evening. Tomorrow starts off here at home, the weather is supposed to be bad, ice. School is on 2 hour delay. I'd rather just work from home all day, but we are supposed to have a partner lunch. I'd rather say that we'll do that on Wednesday and go to the office that day (which we normally work from home on), or move to next week.

calories were about 1275 for the day. I feel like I want to eat something else, but I think I'm not really hungry, just wanting to eat. So, I am just going to head off to bed.

oh, and no exercise again today. Talked to my college girl this evening instead.

Last edited by MarleneV; 03-03-2014 at 11:53 PM.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2beskinnyCarma View Post
205.6 on the scale this am. Hoping to see 204.? in the am. Stuck to my calories and rather than eat my stress away after DH basically told me to mind my own business and let him progress his exercise how he wants to. Old me would have eaten the sleeve of GS cookies that are now in my house. New me opted to freeze my but off on a walk while listening to relaxing music.
Going to bed now. Will do personals tomorrow.
As an emotional eater myself I find that to be a great accomplishment..you took that walk instead of eating the cookies, and you did yourself the greatest justice. Learn to let things slide ..... I know it isn't easy.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #146  

still at 150 this morning. I am beyond annoyed. I know that I am PMS but still....my body just won't let go of ONE lousy pound......
Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #147  

Well the skipping cookies and going for a walk was a good move. 205.2 this am. I think it would have been lower than that if I weighed in on more than 5 hrs of sleep. DD called to us from the bathroom that she has now started in on the downs. Totally weird how Friday she was miserable with the ups, high fever and sluggish. Saturday she was back to herself no fever. She woke up yesterday morning and said she didn't feel well due to a headache. My husband sent her to school anyway. She was fine all day at school and then this morning 0345 "Momma"
There was apparently 6 kids out of her class with stomach bug. Makes me wonder if the same 6 kids will be absent today.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #148  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Because of my busy day at the FCA and not eating my lunch, scale inched down a bit. 139.2 this morning. Maybe I could get back to my ticker weight by Friday
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #149  

Okay doing personals with 2 screens open as I feel I may have missed a bunch.

Sum: You will get your exercise mojo back I know it. Good job on teaching your daughter how to do her taxes. I remember my first minimum wage job and me filling my taxes. Is your ear any better. I get eczema on my feet. It's so yucky. Good job on the weight drop.

Zumba: Keep the diet under control and you may be rewarded with a whoosh. I was, granted 15 days after the fact. But the whoosh came. Sorry to hear about the missing pay day with the class change.

Marlene: The church 5K sounds fun. Have you thought about doing it? Good call on going to bed instead of eating. Sometimes I hate that boredom eating. It's always a win when you recognize it.

Cattails: Glad your DH is on board. Always nice when a couple can work together on a common goal. I need to figure out ways to sneak health into my family. Nobody is embracing it. Sigh, at least if I cook vegetable my husband will eat them. The kids are limited to broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. My daughter will eat iceberg lettuce and my son will eat green beans. They both eat corn but that doesn't count as a vegetable. My son will occasionally eat red cabbage with apples in it.

Ionmoon: sounds like you have a good plan.

Rennie: Awesome job on the 164.8. You are on fire. Intuitive eating all the way.

I think that makes me all caught up with personals. Hi to anyone I forgot.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 03-04-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #150  

I cheated at lunch time and had some sweet potato and flax chips....its so easy to throw in the towel when you diet for days and see no whoosh whatsoever....i think a fast day is in order , not sure when that would be...maybe thursday or friday.....
I want to go to the doctor and have all my hormones checked, including my thyroid and cortisol..but not sure what my silly insurance will pay for. those are expensive tests. I'm thinking maybe there is something wrong with me physically to not be able to drop any weight.

Tonight all i'm having is a salad to make up for my cheat......

I'm sad.