3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   February 2014 40-Somethings' Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/292493-february-2014-40-somethings-chat.html)

newleaf123 02-05-2014 09:18 AM

February 2014 40-Somethings' Chat

Please check back for all the awesome posts made at the end of the January chat! Sorry I haven't been chatty of late. But I'm sure I will talk up a blue streak soon.

Sum38 02-05-2014 09:19 AM

Thanks for the new chat! Your ears must have been burning :)

Sum38 02-05-2014 09:35 AM

((Hug)), what a wonderful day you had! Congratulations!!! I am gad you made that hard choice, it must be freeing to know that you have to worry less. :hug:

Magicsusan 02-05-2014 09:47 AM

Oh, Heidi, that's wonderful!

Mrs Snark 02-05-2014 10:02 AM

Heidi, YAY for "no evidence of disease"! That's wonderful!

Mrs Snark 02-05-2014 10:05 AM

Great job on that spin class Sept2012! I used to spin when I lived closer to a gym, that is an EXCELLENT workout!

Congrats on that 8 lb loss Abbi! :bravo:

Carma -- excellent job sticking to your plan for Super Bowl, well done!

sept2012 02-05-2014 10:18 AM

Heidi! That is a relief and such wonderful news! Makes me so happy for you!

Mrs Snark - THANKS - just so glad the first one is done now time to keep going

Sum - know what you mean about not being able to "BE" outside. No wonder there is a thing called the "winter blues" me and my dog tramp both have them :) (him moreso as I have not been able to walk him much this winter)

I must say that I am enjoying the conversations that happen in this arena. I just read something another user posted and all I could think to myself is a lack of maturity makes you respond like that. And then it irriated me and then I had to remind myself its not my business to get upset with another user that I don't even know. I had to say "joy - take what you need to know and let the rest roll off your shoulders"

Chubby mum 02-05-2014 06:12 PM

Heidi, that's fantastic news!

soon2beskinnyCarma 02-05-2014 08:38 PM

Heidi: tbats awesome
Sept: woo hoo on spin class.
Abbi: keep that weightloss going.
Hi to everyone else.

mezmerelda 02-06-2014 11:16 AM

So glad to hear that things are looking good, Heidi.

I'm back from vacation - have been for a few days. I have finally caught up enough to post. No weight gain or loss in the past few weeks, which I'm ok with. I would prefer the temps to be in the 80s here like they were in BVI, but I'm happy to be back home w/my dogs. (And my husband, I suppose. Although he was with me.)

Kicking it back into high gear this weekend and starting P90X3 (doing the lean version) on Saturday.

Sum38 02-06-2014 12:20 PM

No energy today. I think I have been pushing myself too hard. So I only did my weight lifting routine and I am taking a rest day from cardio.

We have our Colorado trip coming up in a week or so. I wish I was going to go and visit Michelle instead :D It will be fun to visit Vail and Aspen, but going to a snowy place is not exciting me this year. Wonder why :rolleyes:

We are staying at my husband's friend's house most of the nights, I think we only have 2 planned nights at hotels. It will be nice to have a kitchen and be able to eat regular meals instead of eating out each meal. I might stand a change of not gaining weight whilst vacationing :crossed: -- Since we are driving, I am planning on cooking a whole bunch of casseroles and stews to take with us. And in the Thule box they will stay nice and cold :) -- DS is bringing a friend along; it will be so much fun for the boys.

I think I am going to take a nap. Why not?

newleaf123 02-06-2014 03:37 PM

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I feel very fortunate in my life.

junem 02-07-2014 02:52 PM

In 5 weeks I will no longer be 40-something. How did this happen? Tempus fugit, and all that.

I don't post here that much, but I do lurk around fairly often and draw inspiration from everyone here. I also find the weekly weigh-in very valuable. So I was thinking I would stick around after the big day, and not "graduate" to the 50+ group.

Any thoughts? Am I just in denial about my aging? (oh yeah, and in denial about my last 10-15 lbs)

sept2012 02-07-2014 03:53 PM

Stay ahahaah! Who cares..

Mrs Snark 02-07-2014 05:27 PM

Junem - I think that is what the -something part of 40-somethings means. You'll be that little extra something! :)

Definitely stay!

Sum - we head to Colorado next month and are hoping to see snow, lol. :snow4: You'd definitely be warmer here! And we can seat 8 people in our kayaks (dh seems to collect kayaks!), so..... ;)