Old 02-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #106  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I got the position. I will be volunteering at the welcome/greeter/help desk; I guess I am the first face they see when they enter into the hospital. I am quite excited. They had quite a few positions to choose from, but because of my disposition and people skills I chose the main entrance position. I can change it in 3 months time.

Another positive note; the TOM whoosh arrived I am in a new decade! 16 pounds lost during this challenge and counting....

Meals
B - Orange and hard boiled egg, hibiscus tea
L - Salad w/feta, avocado, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, chicken and dressing
D - Jambalaya and assorted veggies sauteed in evoo, small salad
S - Apple w/bp
Total cals 1560

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill walk 60 min

Weight
Down 3.2 lbs
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #107  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Heidi Congrats on your non candy streak!

Cattails So happy to hear that your mom is back at home!

Marlene That evil scale! I hope your weekend is OP!

Zumba I bet you rocked that bikini! Glad that you had a fab weekend!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

thanks everyone for your kind words.. I donl't think I rocked the bikini at all..but it was an outdoor pool and I quickly got in and took off my board shorts after I got in the water. it was night time so I don't think anyone could really see me and there weren't many people in the pool anyway....the other day when we were all in the pool d uring the day I kept my board shorts on.....was very self conscious about my big boobs and I'm surprised one didn't get loose..LOL...but I faced my fear...and I think this experience has made me more determined than ever to lose weight...I have accomplished so much the past few years..i got through an ugly horrible divorce, I bought a house....I am going back to school next month to become a title closer....but I can't lose weight and get healthy again..its really wearing me down.....it doesn't even have to do with being vain at this point, I see my friends my age having to take blood pressure meds, having auto immune issues and cancer....I want to be the healthiest that I can be.....so I can face the rest of my life with one less thing to worry so much about...because as we all know this life is TOUGH. off to teach my class now...I lost only one pound from yesterday but I think the soy sauce in the stir fry set me back, even though it was low sodium.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #109  

SUM congrats on your new position..maybe down the road it can lead to something else...a paying job (even though you'[re not looking for that now) but you never know..and as a greeter you need to always look nice...I think I see a WHBM shopping visit in your future..LOL..xoxox
Old 02-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Wow, kind of quiet here today...

Sun, congrats on the job and the loss. WTG

Cattails, glad to hear that your mom is home, she must feel much better.

127.5 this am, so it is on the way back down, yeah!

B - Balance protein bar, tea with 1/4 C 1% milk
S - Coffee w/ creamer at meeting
L - Salad, chicken, orange, animal crackers
S - Orange & cheese stick
D - Salad with Steak, feta, black olives, guacamole, salsa. Mixed Berries & animal crackers
S - MRC Chocolate pudding
W - 8 cups

nice little NSV today. I'm mentoring a local high school student for a class that they offer where the student shadows a person in a career field that they are interested in. I've done this several times before with the same teacher, but it's been since before I lost the weight that I last had a student. One of their assignments is to get a photo with the mentor, and that was due yesterday. I received a very nice note from the teacher about how great I looked and asking how I lost the weight. Made my day!
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #111  

Got brave and weighed in this morning.....147.4. Atleast I'm not 150 anymore. That weekend away really did me in....getting my. Roots done today, maybe good hair will make me feel better...planning a trip to the city for my bday and I am trying to get excited even though I have nothing to wear...blizzard coming tonight so I have a feeling we are going to be snowed in for a few days.....stocking the frig with healthy food.....also found my workout DVDs...my plan is to back to the low carb thing.....it was working until I had that party and lost control....no crying over spilt milk....I'm also excited about a new program I'm doing...21 day fix...it's a new beach body program. I. Think I need structure right now..obviously I'm not doing a good job on my own....you ladies are a great inspiration.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #112  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
...getting my roots done today, maybe good hair will make me feel better...my plan is to back to the low carb thing.....it was working until I had that party and lost control....no crying over spilt milk....I'm also excited about a new program I'm doing...21 day fix...it's a new beach body program. I. Think I need structure right now..obviously I'm not doing a good job on my own....you ladies are a great inspiration.
Good hair ALWAYS makes me lose weight. When I feel gorgeous, I stick to my plan better. IMO low carb is the way to go. And a new beach body program sounds challenging but doable. You go girl!

------------------

As for me, I'm still at 151.4 this morning. My new pattern is to not budge one way or the other for two days, then it seems every third day I get a little whoosh. So I'm hoping tomorrow I will be down another pound. (fingers crossed)

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 02-12-2014 at 10:18 AM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

I didn't loose anything while in Mexico, but I didn't gain either. Lots of walking helped. Looking at the photo's on facebook will help me out as I'm not to pleased with the fact in some I look pregnant. Now that I'm back I'll have to get stricter with myself.

I also have my cast off, but I'm not going to crazy just yet. Stick to the floor exercises for a while still.

Good luck everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #114  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I might have screwed up a bit. I bought my summer clothes in size 6; well they are starting to fit me now. Another 5-8 pounds and they will fit me perfect, but I am aiming for 120-125 pounds by summer and that seems to mean size 4. I know Zumba "hates" when I complain about clothes But I am literally left naked here...lol I guess I could have the opposite problem, which I actually did at the size of 14, when I had nothing that I could squeeze into. -- I can not believe that I did mention size 14 and 4 in a same paragraph... bliss!

I am expecting a gain for tomorrow. It always happens after the FCA; it must be all the sitting I do all day long. BUT otherwise, somehow I have turned my body into this fat burning machine. I have no idea what diet I am following, I might have created my own, but it is working.

My yesterday was;

Meals

B - Egg, orange and bolthouse smoothie
L - Salad w/ normal goodies
D - Filet Mignon, sauteed peppers and onions in evoo
S - apple w/bp, string cheese
Total cals 1740

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill walk (60 min), weights (45 min), swim (50 min)

Weight this am
Down 0.4 lbs
Old 02-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I might have screwed up a bit. I bought my summer clothes in size 6; well they are starting to fit me now. Another 5-8 pounds and they will fit me perfect, but I am aiming for 120-125 pounds by summer and that seems to mean size 4. I know Zumba "hates" when I complain about clothes But I am literally left naked here...lol I guess I could have the opposite problem, which I actually did at the size of 14, when I had nothing that I could squeeze into. -- I can not believe that I did mention size 14 and 4 in a same paragraph... bliss!

I am expecting a gain for tomorrow. It always happens after the FCA; it must be all the sitting I do all day long. BUT otherwise, somehow I have turned my body into this fat burning machine. I have no idea what diet I am following, I might have created my own, but it is working.

My yesterday was;

Meals

B - Egg, orange and bolthouse smoothie
L - Salad w/ normal goodies
D - Filet Mignon, sauteed peppers and onions in evoo
S - apple w/bp, string cheese
Total cals 1740

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill walk (60 min), weights (45 min), swim (50 min)

Weight this am
Down 0.4 lbs

I have two pairs of WHBM jeans in size four that I probably wore once and would love to send them to you, maybe that will help. I know what it is like to have a beautiful wardrobe and not be able to wear it whther it is because too big or too small. ...but you can always buy new things!! You can't buy a new body..that you are EARNING and it is hard to come by. I am so proud of how you have turned things around. You are an inspiration....keep going!!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #116  

SHRINK Thanks for your report...this new beachbody program is on backorder so I have to wait ten days for it, until then I'm doing the low carb thing....so excited about trying something NEW! So even though this challenge was a wash I am looking forward to the next one....
Old 02-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #117  

Well I think I put in a pretty good day today food wise, no water though....

Breakfast: two eggs and cheese
LUNCH: grilled chicken, salad with romaine lettuce , olive oil and balsamic. I forgot how much I love salad..this one hit the spot. I sprinkled some locatelli cheese on top.
DINNER: dinner I kind of picked on beef stroganoff because I made it for the kids but I couldn't have the noodles. I had a few pieces of mozzarella cheese. No vegetables, I just wasn't in the mood.
ended the day with some dark chocolate kisses because I forgot to buy 80 percent chocolate today.
I took my vitamin D supplement. My goal is a two lb. loss by the end of this week.....I'd like to be an even 145 by my bday.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Ugh I hope it is TOM showing just in time for valentines day but scale jumped from 206.8 to 209.4.

Will do personals tomorrow.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #119  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Sooo amazing. But RATS that you might need to buy new clothes - AGAIN. About two years ago I donated FOUR BOXES of size 4 and extra-small clothing to a women's ministry. Some of them were REALLY NICE. Jeans, tops, dresses, business suits, etc. Now I'm wishing I had saved a few items for myself. I'll be needing them in August, too.

-------------------

Down to 150.6 today. In two or three days, Lord willing, I'll be saying goodbye to the 150's for the LAST TIME IN MY LIFE.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #120  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hopefully I need to build my wardrobe for the last time I think I am done shopping for now until I know what size I end up at. I honestly thought it would be 6. I think WHBM is vanity sizing their clothes.

I am up a bit as I knew I would be. 140 right on the spot. Feels good to be "up" and only 140...those horrid 150's seems so far away now, thank goodness.

Today I have a busy day; cleaning and packing, shopping and cooking for the trip.

I am a little sad to be leaving my furbaby behind. We took her to Colorado last time and she loved it so much.

I did not log my food yesterday. Nor did I get any exercise. I was way too tired for aerobics by the time I got home (late) from the FCA.

No exercise today either; too much to do, too little time. I bet the next two weeks, I will get minimal exercise. We are staying at a hotel for a few nights and I can use their gym, and I think I will do some hiking, but no weight lifting etc. Interesting to see what happens to my weight; I need to be diligent what comes to my eating.