3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings Valentine Day Challenge and Daily Accountability Thread ~ Part 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/292258-40-somethings-valentine-day-challenge-daily-accountability-thread-%7E-part-2-a.html)

wantochange 02-01-2014 02:20 PM

Thank you everyone for all of your nice comments. I love how helpful everyone is.

I'm happy to report that I am down 3 lbs. 7 lbs total since joining (153 at yesterday's weigh in).

Good luck to everyone.

2b150 - My ex-husband used to make stupid careless comments also and it's not helpful. At least your husband apologized.

Sum - I'm with you when it comes to the mystery gain. What the heck!!! There's always a reason but it's very irritating.

Have a great week everyone and try to stay warm.

shr1nk1ngme 02-01-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soon2beskinnyCarma (Post 4933875)
shrink1ingme: What is a 1 minute flax seed muffin?

It's only the greatest weight loss/low-carb breakfast known to the universe.

Flaxseed One Minute Muffin

1/4 cup Golden Flax Meal
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 packet Splenda (I use granular Truvia or liquid Stevia)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon (I use pumpkin pie spice)
1 Egg (I use 1/4 cup egg beaters)
1 teaspoon coconut oil

Mix the ingredients in a large coffee cup or small bowl, microwave for 50-seconds to 1-minute. Muffin pops right out.

I top mine with 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, and a packet of Splenda.

The way I have it, It's 290 Calories, 20g of protein and 8 carbs. I am on a low-carb, high fat diet.

You can modify it for low-calorie by using a tbsp of lowfat or fat-free yogurt in place of the coconut oil and using low-fat or fat-free yogurt on top.

If you prepare it with fat-free yogurt, it has about 215 calories INCLUDING the extra dollop yogurt on top. Even this way it has 9g of fat, but 100% of the fat is flaxseed oil, so it's exactly as if you took an Omega 3 flaxseed oil supplement (better actually) -- therefore I wouldn't worry the fat grams in a one minute muffin. I can't imagine a healthier breakfast. Loads of Omega 3's, 20g of protein, only 8 carbs -- in a muffin that takes one minute to prepare. Yummm!

Sum38 02-01-2014 08:04 PM

Nice job wantochange!! Congrats!

Shrinking that muffin sounds yummy. I could eat it too because it has no flour, yay. And it looks like that it would be SBD approved.

Rennie Do you strength train at all? I see you always walking workouts at MFP. You do some serious work on that treadmill.

Carma 30 pounds is awesome! Nothing to sneeze at. Let's hope that you will drop a few pounds before V-day!

Mmmm, Spaghetti factory, Cattails! We don't have them here in Mi (at least not by me).

Marlene Another nice day for you!! You do so well.

Sum38 02-02-2014 07:35 AM

Almost back down where I was on the 29th; 1.2 more lbs to go. I will continue my clean eating and loads of water and hopefully I will see 141.8 tomorrow morning.

Plan for today

Meals
B - Orange and fried egg
L - California wrap (2), guacamole, crackers
D - Teriyaki-ginger chicken, assorted vegetables
S - String cheese, apple w/pb

Exercise

Step aerobics 60 min
Puppy walk 55 min

Weight
Down 1.4 lbs

shr1nk1ngme 02-02-2014 11:22 AM

Nothing to report since I don't weigh or test my glucose/ketones on DownDays. Going light today, just having a hb egg, a bran cracker to choke down my supplements, and later tonight a scrambled egg for dinner.

Watching the game at home but we aren't having anybody over so there won't be a lot of snacks. If DH and DS want snacks, I can pop some popcorn for them and we already have hummus and pita.

Gonna exercise again tonight with the dog 2.5 - 3 miles, with weights. I really, really love walking the dog at night when the stars are out. Am I weird? Most of my girlfriends think I'm crazy for liking to walk in the dark. I always take pepper spray and a flashlight.

soon2beskinnyCarma 02-02-2014 11:29 AM

So the Chinese restaurant was scary last night. It was a buffet with Beef teriyaki, Chicken fingers, crab Rangoon, sweet and sour chicken, pork fried rice and lo mein. Not a vegetable in site. All the water I drank yesterday must have helped though that or my weighing in an hour later as I slept until 9am. 212.0:carrot:

Here was my meals for yesterday.

Brunch: 3 El Monterey Breakfast tequito's 220 calories
Sour cream 2tsp 20calories
Black bean and corn Salsa 1tbs 10 calories
1.5 cups of Mixed baby lettuce 10 calories
Wholly Guacomole snack cup 4/5 80 calories

Snack Banana 90 calories
Cheese stick 80 calories
1/2 cup corn chex 60 calories
1/2 cup 1% milk 50 calories

Dinner 2 beef teriyaki
2 chicken fingers (they were smaller)
1 crab Rangoon
1cup pork fried rice
1 cup sweet and sour chicken
Birthday cake 1 square.

Exercise was 44 minutes of walking 18 minutes of running

Water was 116 oz

Today's meal plan

Brunch Yogurt/juice shake
1 banana 90 calories
1 cup strawberries 77 calories
Coconut milk yogurt 130 calories
4 oz morning blend juice. 65 calories
1 breakfast biscuit 90calories
Coffee with xyla, sugar in raw and fat free half and half 80 calories

Snack: Spinach & baby lettuce salad with light balsamic dressing 80 calories

Dinner Kahlua pork Going to have a 1/3 cup 240 calories
Rasberry and brie pastry 270 calories
Shrimp cocktail 4 shrimp 66 calories
chicken wing 1 ? 108 calories
veggie platter & dip 100 calories

That leaves me with around 300 calories for mystery food at the party. I can always adjust how many brie pastry and Kahlua pork I have if something looks really good.

Sum38 02-02-2014 11:37 AM

Carma What goes into the Kahlua pork? That sounds delish!!

soon2beskinnyCarma 02-02-2014 11:39 AM

Sum: I know the 30 lbs is good, It's actually 40 total. I just keep kicking myself for the 15lb gain. It was 52lbs off. Frustrating. Sounds like you have a good super bowl food plan. What kind of puppy is it?

Shr1nk1ng: Thanks for the muffin tip. Muffins really aren't my thing but that one sounds good. I wonder if you can add some dried fruit in to it. I frequently go out for walks in the dark. I have a headlamp that I wear. My neighbors all laugh too. I was out in the snow and it was extra pretty as the snow fell across my headlamp.

wantochange: Great job on the weight loss.

Rennie: I thought of you yesterday when I had the birthday cake. My husband isn't always the most supportive. I wish he would try and lose weight as he is 294 lbs. I am trying to make healthier meals to assist in this.

Happy Superbowl day everyone. Hope whoever you support wins. I watch for the commercials only.

Sum38 02-02-2014 11:47 AM

Carma My "puppy" is a 9 year old lab mix. She still acts like a pup at times. Labs never lose their playfulness. She has been walked daily for the past 7 1/2 year (she came to us at 18 months), so she is in awesome shape. He vet always praises what an athletic dog I have and how muscular she is. -- Considering how much she has been exercised, she will probably live to be 20 :) Even now, at the age of 9 she has no trouble waking 5 miles per day.

She has kept me walking. I feel guilty if she does not get her walk in. -- She looks forward to her daily walk and it is the highlight of her life.

soon2beskinnyCarma 02-02-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4934513)
Carma What goes into the Kahlua pork? That sounds delish!!

I am not entirely sure, my sister in law is making it. They had it in Hawaii. I did a quick recipe search and they all look a little like this one. Funny enough no Kahlua in it. Apparently you serve cabbage with it a lot. Looking at it I may drink an extra 20oz of water again today. lol. Congats on the further weight loss btw.

Oven Kalua Pork
Original recipe makes 6 servings Change Servings
Ingredients
3 pounds pork butt roast
2 cups water
1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1/4 cup Hawaiian sea salt

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Place pork fat-side up in a roasting pan or deep casserole dish. Combine water and liquid smoke; pour over meat. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and roast in a preheated oven for three hours. Remove from pan and shred.

Sum38 02-02-2014 12:04 PM

That probably could be made in a slow cooker as well. -- I was all excited over the Kahlua :D :D

soon2beskinnyCarma 02-02-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4934538)
That probably could be made in a slow cooker as well. -- I was all excited over the Kahlua :D :D

I know me too as I have heard coffee and beef taste good together. It probably would add another 100 calories though. I am guessing Kahlua liquor originated in Hawaii and it the name Kahlua must be for some region of Hawaii or something. Well almost done lounging over my coffee. Must get out for my walk run. Might do an hour and a half today.

Cattails 02-02-2014 02:40 PM

Google geek that I am, I can answer this as of 30 seconds ago. The recipe is for Kalua pig, not Kahlua - see the missing "h"? Kalua refers to a traditional cooking practice in Hawaii of digging an underground oven. I was all excited about pork cooked in Kahlua liqueur too!

And by-the-by, Kahlua comes from Mexico and is a word from the Aztec native language. Okay, geek over now!

Cattails 02-02-2014 02:45 PM

I've got black bean dip and salsa made, and almost ready to put together enchiladas to bake. Lots of veggies sliced for dipping, and I'm going to make some chocolate bliss bites, little no fat chocolate cookies. I plan to do my best to not overdo the eating, stick to mostly veggies - yum, veggies! Happy Super Sunday to all!

soon2beskinnyCarma 02-02-2014 03:47 PM

Cattails: Thank you google geek. Sounds like you have a great plan for the super bowl. Go veggies.