Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #31  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sum, the snow shoeing was hard, was feeling it again when I walked today so glad we went though, this weird weather, it warmed up and almost all the snow melted, now tonight it's dropping to the negatives, high of like 5 tomorrow and then back to normal then warm again.

Carma, I haven't been able to run much lately but get it in when I can, I can't wait for nicer weather to be able to do more outside, The rail trail after work was great for me, the gym at work seems to take up more time, we have an exercise bike now so I'm doing more riding and hope that translates into more riding the bike I have in the shed...

Moondance, good to see you, I know my problem in the past was once I lost the weight I thought I was invincible and would never gain it back, you'd think that would happen once and I'd realize I wasn't invincible, but it took a few times to penetrate my thick skull and now I'm really trying to concentrate on the long term.

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-06-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!
Have a cold with primary symptom of sore throat. Didn't sleep well. Mediocre food choices yesterday. No real motivation to do anything today...not even to post. Hopefully will feel better tomorrow. I'll try personals then too.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #33  
Hi!

I'm finally out from under this cold/flu thing. I am still a bit weak w/workouts, but I'm able to do my normal stuff w/o coughing up my lungs every 5 minutes.

I'm pretty bad about jumping on here when I'm at home. I am on computers all day, so when I get home, I'm done. So I haven't been on since Friday, I think. Work was closed yesterday due to freakishly cold temps. I think it's silly to do that, but I don't have kids and my car is new, so I decided to just shut up and enjoy the extra day off. My house stayed nice and warm, and the dogs and I enjoyed extra time watching TV and reading while the DH had to work. (He works at home.)

Weight loss seems stalled. Still sticking with it. It's possible I will need to change my plan, as this seems to happen to me after 2-3 weeks on a plan, even when I do not cheat. My system apparently does better with weight loss when confused.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

I'm the single worst calorie counter and I am in awe of all of you!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #35  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Abbi I couldn't calorie count without myfitnesspal
Old 01-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

One of those days... Tuesdays are our meeting days at work, so basically, until 1:30, I was in one meeting or the other.

Then I had to run home to deal with water issues. DH is still in Europe, and with the abnormally cold temps here (yes, I know it is worse in the north, but we aren't set up for what we have), sometime between when I got my shower this morning and when daughter got up to get hers, something froze. We think it was actually down in the well. Anyway, she turned it off & went to school without a shower. I came home and got on Skype with him, and turned everything back on, and it is ok. So we have water!

My day wasn't done though, because I had an eye dr appointment. I was supposed to go there from work, as it is on the way home (and pretty close to the office). So, I had to drive basically almost the whole way back to work for this. Not my regular appointment, I have been having some problems seeing the computer monitors, and was concerned. I have early stage macular degeneration, and was worried about that. All those tests turned out ok, and I'm not due for my actual refraction test until the end of April. He thinks that it is likely that the prescription has changed faster than I'd expect because it typically does in the late 40s, and then slows back down in the early 50s. WONDERFUL... (NOT!). Oh well, at least I don't have to worry that it is anything more serious.

So, I could have had a much worse day, as we could be here with no water and I could have something more serious going on with my eyes. DH & older DD will be home finally on Saturday, and she leaves Sunday to go back to college. Tuition, room & board & books for the semester are already paid for, so she's good to go.

Hope everyone else is doing fine.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #37  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Marlene -- I'm glad your eyes weren't anything more serious. That must have been nerve-wracking.

Also, I keep meaning to say that I love that dress you're wearing in your avatar. It looks great on you!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #38  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Marlene I am glad all turned out well for you yesterday. I love how you looked at your day as glass half full.

The cold weather continues. My DS has another snow day. I wish I had known that the break extended like this; I would have taken my kids to FLA.

I am an exercise machine. Filled with motivation I hope this will last, but gotta take advantage of it while the motivation is around.

So off to do my exercise # 1 for the day, treadmill walk. TaTa for now.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #39  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I just realized that I started at 3FC when I was in my 20's. I've been to the 20's, 30's and now 40's threads! How funny!

Hi, I'm Amy and I'm back (again). I guess I'm the quintessential yo yo dieter. I'd like this to be it for weight loss. I mean...I'm 40 now!

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #40  

Since I hate needing to be here I hesitate to welcome you back but I hope you find what you need for ''always success''.

Every day is a struggle for me to stop shoving stuff that I shouldn't in my face. I have a pot of dulce de leche cooking right now. Did I need to make it? Will my son (20 years old 6'2 and 145 lbs) live without it to spread on his bagels?
Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Sum & Michelle

Thanks! Waiting just 24 hours to get in for the appointment was nerve-wracking, more so because DH wasn't here.

I love this dress, it is a Calvin Klein color block.

Sum, that's how I try to be, so even if I hadn't been able to fix the water, I had a plan and would be thankful for a place to stay, as a co-worker who lives in town offered their guest room. Positive thinking gets one so much further in life.

Sorry you still have the cold weather. Yeah for motivation!

Last edited by MarleneV; 01-08-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #42  
Fat to Fab and Fit

dietcokehead98 Welcome to the 40's chat!! This will be your decade!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #43  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome back Amy!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #44  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Moondance I hope you did not get sick!
Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Thursday! (I think)

This cold is kicking my butt!!! All I want is comfort food and rest. No energy to exercise. Guess my plans are put on hold until I get over this. I am reading posts, trying to stay in the right frame of mind.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Closed Thread