40-Somethings Valentine Day Challenge and Daily Accountability Thread

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • Good job keeping that candy monster at bay, Heidi! And you're so right: baby steps will get you where you want to be.

Rennie, sorry you had to do some unnecessary driving - that's annoying. MFP is such a great tool for keeping track of calories and carbs! I've started logging in there recently; feel like I'm getting a little fast and loose with my daily eats.

TooWicky, grats on reaching overweight - that's a big deal!

Zumba, piloxing sounds fun! When is your party?
  • Well, no more scary readings of 119; back down around 116-117. I am settling into my newest strength/cardio routine pretty well. It's challenging but doesn't totally kill me, and things do seem to be tightening up. I know what you're saying, Zumba; it's not realistic to expect this bod to look like it did when I was 16. That was 3 pregnancies, 40 BF months and 30 years of life ago. Still, one can dream...

B: greek yogurt with cherries and flaxseed
    L: spicy asian salad with chicken
    S: coffee with creamer, grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese
    D: (planned) pineapple chili - it's in the crockpot right now!
    S: (planned) lightly buttered popcorn, 1 oz. dark chocolate
  • Hi all. I am finding it hard to post in this as well as the chat forum. Just wanted to update those that aren't on the chat one that I was 212.4 this am. Finally have the scale moving right. I am day 3 of being on point.

Zumba: How was your piloxing class? I am loving mine that I go to. It is also followed by a yoga class I am doing.

Everyone sounds like they are doing pretty well towards the challenge.
  • B: scrambled eggs in olive oil
    S: walnuts
    L: string cheese, some deli meat
    D: sautéed chicken with mushrooms in cream sauce
    S: 85 percent dark chocolate

I found I was hungry last night but resisted the urge to snack, the old me would have been up snacking at midnight.
  • Hi all...I finally went below the 145 mark at 144.8. Im happy There is something to be said to cutting carbs out, although I have to say I can't wait to start adding some fruit to the mix. Yesterday was the first day I took my vitamin and my extra Vitamin D, not sure if that is what made a difference in my weight loss but I remember testing that I was very deficient in Vit D a few years back. I would like to get some tests done on my hormones to see if my cortisol is off but that is a hard test to take because you need to have your blood drawn a certain time of day.

Today my kids go back to their Dad which always makes me sad. I am teaching zumba this morning and then its operation party time..have to clean this house top to bottom and rearrange the furniture AGAIN because I hate how it looks ...there's still boxes everywhere..very annoying. But this is just how I have to live right now. The important thing is that I am taking better care of myself by not eating sugar and junk. Today im jonesin for a huge salad and I think I will have that.

time to get all down and personal with you guys......

soon2beskinnyCarma Good to see you. yes its hard posting on different threads..we all have just so much time in the day. Good that the scale is going down for you.....keep up the good work...I never made it to piloxing I had too much to do but I plan on taking it soon, and I am also going to take the workshop so I can teach it. I was supposed to do that this sunday but it isn't a good day for me to be piloxing for 8hours....

Cattails Its so sad isn't it? that no matter what we do now we will never look like we did at a young age, even with the scale down. I guess we need to be grateful for weight loss and not be too greedy..LOL....still, I know if I were to add more weigth training to the mix I might look better tone wise....that's my challenge for this year. I have good intentions but im never coming around to it.

SHRINK; I hear you girl, I LOVE ME SOME DIET SODA> I was so addicted to it at one time that my teeth were hurting from the acid. when I stopped drinking it I was miserable, I would want to drive to 7-11 in the middle of the night, I was having withdrawals. I can't keep it in the house eighter because I will drink it all..but I really enjoy it, especially when I'm out after the gym and thirsty ...it definitely does have sodium in it though, and I'm very sensitive to it.

Love2B I did Atkins for two years a while back and it was the best I ever felt in my life. It really did get rid of my cravings. I wish I had the discipline to do it again. Anyway I think a week of induction will definitely jumpstart some weight loss.....it wouldnt' hurt you to cut carbs for a week, but if you feel kind of shakey and foggy make sure to drink a cup of salty chicken broth . I found that helped me.

Mrsnark: sometimes a plateau is way better than gaining, but it sure is frustrating isn't it? Maybe you need to jack things up a bit by doing something differently.....

SUM good for you for going up to 1800, I like how you are being really careful with your calories and experimenting to see what your calorie count should be. Calories always confused me..I know a girl that has around 2000 , she's a tiny little thing but she works out a lot...its such an individualized type of thing. I'm not counting calories right now, I'm just keeping away from carbs but I'm curious as to how low I have to drop to lose weight. I think it all comes down to eating enough not to feel famished all the time and eating healthy enough to support your activity level, which seems to be pretty high right now! You never told me why you didn't like zumba class....
  • Oh and here's my new ticker...finally below 145!! WOO HOOOOOOOO
  • Quote: Oh and here's my new ticker...finally below 145!! WOO HOOOOOOOO
    You go girl! I am so amazed to see a Zumba instructor having the same struggles as the rest of us. You remind me that fitness professionals are not gods, they are human beings too and they struggle with their diet and exercise program like anyone else.

...And I look up to you all the more for it.
    ------------

Today's weigh in was 155 so I had a nice mini-whoosh again. I think my new strategy of mild exercise/higher fat/moderate protein is working.

Blood sugar was 85 (perfect) and ketones were 1.2 (Still a little low for my liking but better than they were last week).
  • We have chatted 500 posts worth.

I started a new thread before they shut us down....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-s...ml#post4932156