Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #376  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the avatar compliments. Photo from Friday, as part of a group shot for work newsletter. The bangs probably came about 2-3 months ago. I rotate between 3 hairstyles. When I get sick of this, I will go to a short hair style. Then I will grow it all out to a 1- length bob. Then chop it into a Bob with bangs. And round and round for the last 30 years LOL

The cookies came out really well, and I have had some. They are basically chocolate butter cookies. Some with chocolate drizzled on top, some plain, and some with crushed candy canes and chocolate drizzled on top. But i am not allowing them to derail me. Big food day yesterday after boys' cello recital; went to a burger and shake restaurant, yum. Back on track today. My daily cappuccino really centers me and starts each day right. Yay!

Not much going on today. I still have cleanup from the cookies, and I plan to get down to the basement for a 45-min elliptical session. Other than that, relax.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #377  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I looked at my weigh-in chart; I found my Mojo on the 13th of December...and it is still going strong. Doing a happy dance

I have been trying my "small" clothes on, and the items that were snug a few weeks back fit me now quite nicely. The number on my scale has not changed that much; I seem to bounce between 146-149, but I think my measurements have. I will take measurements again tomorrow morning and see if there was a change from a few weeks back. I keep "forgetting" to measure; I gladly measure when scale is being nice to me, but I "forget" when I pack on the pounds. LOL!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SUM: Sweet and sour chili sounds GOOD. I need that recipe

NEWLEAF: Love the bangs...you have such a nice smile.

LOVE2BE: You know I love me some popcorn and I have had it in the past without a significant gain, I guess if you keep the rest of your day low on the carbs and calories the popcorn won't make a huge difference, sodium and all.

CATTAILS: I'm amazed at you and all you have accomplished. 115? I haven't weighed that since high school...LOL...you go girl!

WANTCHANGE: give yourself a break....working out with a broken foot is not easy...do something like pilates or some kind of floor work that doesn't put stress on that foot.....I have a cold now too, working out is the LAST thing on my mind.....so I feel you.

MRSNARK: you're on a roll...keep up the good work..its such a wonderful feeling when we are in control!!!

ShRINK: I love your chart!!!! Look at how much you have accomplished....

well I hope I didn't leave anyone out..I just am amazed at all the ladies on here and how motivating you all are.....I am trying so hard to get back on a good track. I moved into my new house, its time to do ME.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #379  

Hi all......

I have a bad cold/virus all of a sudden. Not sure what it even is, but I am happy that I got the flu shot this year because people are dropping like flies around here....If I dont' go to work I don't get paid, so having the flu now can't be an option. Hoping that this is just some silly virus and I am back to snuff soon.....

My plan for this week, keep things on the low carb, keep the calories at 1200 and practice intermittent fasting. I am working out with weights on Tuesday and Thursday. My cardio right now will be my own classes. I don't feel like cardio is doing anything for me or my body except making me tired , weak and eating up my muscles.

No processed food except for my occasional weight watchers frozen soups and my nightly square of dark chocolate.

Happy Sunday everyone, and I wish everyone a fantabulous new week!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

Checking in.

I agree with everyone else, Newleaf. Really nice hair cut and avatar. Looking young there

Well, my diet's out of whack since I've been on a holiday. I tried but oh well, get back on plan now that I'm back. Been watching the Australian Tennis Open in the extremely hot sun especially during the 2nd round (or was it third round?) Sharapova match. Got totally sunburnt, lol. Wished I was there for another week to watch the finals.

I have not tried weighing myself since a week and a half ago. Dreading the scales!

Hope everyone is on plan for the week ahead!

Last edited by magical; 01-19-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #381  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

wantochange, I'm with Zumba on doing something with ease to help the foot repair correctly … you'll be fine for your trip

Heidi glad the cookies didn't derail you You are good

Sum you are toning and shaping up nicely way to go I've been trying on smaller clothes also. I have one pair of slacks that must be sized wrong, I think they are really a 10 because they hurt like crazy. I guess I'll make those my goal slacks. I can now fit all of my old blouses. I couldn't button them before the two ends wouldn't even meet so that's a plus. I think our feet shrink a little also. Some of my shoes seem bigger so not attractive

Zumba LOL, me too on the popcorn I just have to make sure it's not the extra butter kind and that at least one child or my husband sits with me to keep me from eating the entire bag Yes Ms Lady, please DO YOU I hope you are feeling better by the time you have to go to work 27 people have died here due to the flu, one of them was a baby last week, so sad. Feel better Zumba

magical good to see you
Old 01-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

wow, everyone has been pretty busy! I had a busy weekend of work, motorcycle ride and then car club drive today...

ShrinkThe chart is great! I used an excel spreadsheet myself. It was hard to see the day-by-day, but looking at the long-term of it makes one realize how well it really goes. it may slow down - mine would and stay for a few weeks, and then back down another 10 before another stall. just work through those by staying the course.

wanttochange so sorry about the foot & cold & all. can you cut the veggies at a table? Enjoy your trip (hope you can enjoy it)!

Cattails, so goes maintenance... I figure I'm good as long as I'm in a 3 lb range, and I don't change the profile.

Sum, I am certain that it is because of building muscle. As much as you are working out, the gains have to be from that, I'm sure you need the extra food, which is why you have been hungry!

Zumba, keeping my carbs low and minimal processed food works well for me, so maybe that will help you. hope you get to feeling better too!

magical, enjoyment of vacation is always good. You can get back on track this week. I always jump right back on the scale to see the damage and then work on my plan to get it back, but some people do better to work on plan for a few days before getting back on the scale, do what works for you.

Heidi, good job on enjoying a few cookies but not derailing on them. We have to be able to enjoy a few things, just need to do so in moderation, which is the hard thing to learn, but when we do, great things happen.

Rennie, sounds like you doing well. the 160s are right around the corner...

Michelle, glad to hear you are enjoying the strength routine.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, but regardless, it sounds like everyone is doing well.

Last edited by MarleneV; 01-19-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

124.0 this am. Don't expect that again tomorrow morning though...

B - egg, cream of wheat
L - out with car club at Bar-B-Q - Smoked Turkey, broccoli salad, coleslaw
S - few items at Costco... Orange, peanuts
D - Salad with Chicken, feta, guacamole, salsa, orange, animal crackers
S - Magic pops rice cakes, ice cream
W - 8+ cups, Exercise - level 2 30DS.

I was at about 1230 calories without the Costco samples items, so maybe 1350-1375 with them.

Last edited by MarleneV; 01-19-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #384  

Happy Monday Everyone....I woke up still feeling under the weather, but I'm hoping to shake this thing soon....I'm going to teach my classes anyway....ugh..nothing worse than teaching when you're sick..but it isn't the kind of job you can call in sick...there is no one to cover for me....

I wont be weighing myself today.....I have a feeling I ate way too badly yesterday when I was stuck in the house alone yesterday...today is going to be a low carb day.....intermittent fasting so I won't be starting my eating until around noon......just heard on the news more snow tomorrow....i had better stock up on healthy food!!!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #385  
Fat to Fab and Fit

My weight is all over the place. I am drinking a ton but very little is coming out And scale is creeping up.

I am giving these 1560 calories another week, but if the scale keeps moving upwards I will go back to 1200 cals. Plus 150 pounds is a redline for me. It would kill me to see it again And I am flirting with it, very closely.

I literally went to bed around 4 pm...took 2 naps between 4 and 10 and then fell asleep just fine at 10pm. I think my body was tired from all the exercise.

I pushed myself hard at the aerobic class. It felt great. I remember when I started about a month ago how awful I felt and how little I could do. Now I have bounce in my step

Today is a lighter day; I am supposed to have a rest day, but I took 2 rest days last week. I will walk the puppy and then swim for 45 minutes. Walking the dog is not very strenuous right now. It is more like a balancing act. The paths are so bad that I must go slow. I can't wait once the snow melts and I can do my power walks again...eventhough I am still enjoying all this snow and not ready for spring yet

Hope everyone will have a fab and fit day!

Meals
B - Orange
L - Sweet and sour chili
D - Meatballs
S - string cheese (2), almonds, peanut butter
Cals 1565

Exercise
Step aerobics 60 min
3.3 mile walk/hike

Weight
Up 0.8
Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #386  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba Sorry!!! I hope you will feel better soon!!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #387  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

Being a life-long Broncos fan, I was in celebration mode yesterday. The good news is I'm getting in lots of steps (its a long walk from the car to our seats and back). The bad news is Tailgating food isn't so good for me.

Today, I've got my food with me and I'm ready to stick to my plan.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #388  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I pushed myself hard at the aerobic class. It felt great. I remember when I started about a month ago how awful I felt and how little I could do. Now I have bounce in my step
I don't bother with classes any more, except yoga. I always have to quit about halfway through. Even when I am fit and thin, I just don't like them (except yoga).

--------------

This morning's weigh-in was 158.4. Still creeping down...
Old 01-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #389  

My goal for the week is to see 144 by Friday....I feel like I'm getting downto the wire..

Feeling a bit better....had to teach my classes today. I'm supposed to work with a trainer tomorrow but it's supposed to snow and I think I'll be having to come home early.....not sure how it is going to work out....I'm just eager to start lifting.....
Old 01-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #390  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Sum, you are definitely getting stronger - good going! Hope the scale starts balancing out for you; it's not cool seeing that redline getting closer and closer.

Zumba, glad you're feeling better and hope the snowfall isn't too problematic.

Marlene, aren't Costco samples calorie-free?

Grats on your weigh-in, Shr1ink1ng, you're doing great!

Moondance, I was rooting for the Broncos! Hope they win the SuperBowl, too!

Well, we had tons of pizza yesterday; I ate a little more than I really ought to have, but oh well, one extra piece (probably!) won't kill me. Plain angel food cake with sliced mangos on top for birthday cake, no guilt there. And weighed in at 116 again so I guess the day wasn't so damaging. Well, weight-wise anyway: I managed to somehow scratch up my left hand, burned my right hand on a pan, and then banged my head into the corner of a cabinet door! I'm such a klutz!

Last edited by Cattails; 01-20-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Closed Thread