Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Happi Friday to you
Old 12-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #122  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

kelijpa great photo, there's a lot of love!!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #123  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

What an adorable pic kelijpa, LOVE IT!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-14-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #124  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Thanks, he was snowy dog today! Snowy, snow, snow, now windy, glad it's bed time, can't go out anyway, it's about 14 degrees...

Best to all
Old 12-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #125  
Heidi

So on the question of where we gain weight... I've had this realization, and especially as I allowed the scale to drift up... I used to gain and lose weight first in my breasts, which gave me a little wiggle room vis a vis how pants fit. But now that I have no breast tissue, I seem to have no choice but to pack it on straight to my pear area. With this knowledge now, maybe it will help me to keep to the straight and narrow.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #126  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I thought that my (general) condition was pretty good; I have been walking and party rocking the elliptical at ease.... until I started step aerobics; yikes. I am totally out of shape for it. The competitive side of me wants to get better and I am planning on attending to 3 classes per week. -- I have serious DOMS and today at the begining of the class I thought I was not going to be able to do it, but I loosened up and finished the class. Yay me.

We got some snow, and I love how everything looks. We took our walk (hike) through snowy woods whilst it was snowing, it was beautiful!

I hope everyone is staying warm!!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 195/182/140

Height: 5'8"

I have five kids. Yesterday I made Rice Krispie treats, popcorn balls, and other things for Christmas. It has been hard not to snack. It is frustrating sometimes. I can't wait for the holidays to be over.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #128  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Luckily my kids are not into cookies. I bake my peppermint bark and give it away, so we have no extra cookies around the house. Stay strong my friend!! Each time you pass up a temptation, you'll thank yourself later.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #129  
Heidi

Five kids, idahoGirl - wow! I can't imagine... 2 here, and a cat. (And a husband, too!)
Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
So on the question of where we gain weight... I've had this realization, and especially as I allowed the scale to drift up... I used to gain and lose weight first in my breasts, which gave me a little wiggle room vis a vis how pants fit. But now that I have no breast tissue, I seem to have no choice but to pack it on straight to my pear area. With this knowledge now, maybe it will help me to keep to the straight and narrow.
I have lots of boob room to lose so I wouldn't mind that. We went to a Christmas party yesterday and I was wearing my black dress pants but my 16 year old daughter told me to change because I had "saggy crotch" That is the stupidest place to lose weight. I still need the old size to be able to button them up but they are baggy lower down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I thought that my (general) condition was pretty good; I have been walking and party rocking the elliptical at ease.... until I started step aerobics; yikes. I am totally out of shape for it. The competitive side of me wants to get better and I am planning on attending to 3 classes per week. -- I have serious DOMS and today at the begining of the class I thought I was not going to be able to do it, but I loosened up and finished the class. Yay me.

We got some snow, and I love how everything looks. We took our walk (hike) through snowy woods whilst it was snowing, it was beautiful!

I hope everyone is staying warm!!
I used to love step class. I suck horribly at the choreography but it is so fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogirl4 View Post
I have five kids. Yesterday I made Rice Krispie treats, popcorn balls, and other things for Christmas. It has been hard not to snack. It is frustrating sometimes. I can't wait for the holidays to be over.
At the party mentioned above they had lots of treats. I just stayed away from the table. My kids have been complaining that I haven't baked my regular stuff. I made some lemon squares and vanilla fudge and that is about it.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #131  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I lost alot in my boobs -- first place it went but I still have a gut, and it doesn't look to be going anywhere at all. Meanwhile, my hands and wrists are gaunt and look veiny and old. Weightloss is so weird. What can we do?

Christmas shopping ALMOST done. Christmas cards will be done today and out in the mail by morning (fingers crossed).

Party planning in full swing for our yearly big bash this coming weekend (for a big night time boat parade that goes by our house) and I'm LOADED with anxiety. In addition to the huge party, my husband's family will be staying that day and over night with us.

I swear my social anxiety has gotten so much worse over the years. I'm trying to just fake my way through all this like I actually think this is fun, but I'm miserable and sick in my stomach. And this much non-specific anxiety over a stupid party makes me feel dumb on top of the sick. These are the moments in life I wish I weren't such a weirdo and could handle this stuff better. One on one with people I'm fine, but parties -- particularly parties that I have to throw -- are so not my thing.

I am such a natural hermit, if it weren't for my husband I would go nowhere and just hang with my dogs and read all the time (and be online of course!).

Later this week I'll be making food out the ying yang, joy joy! We have meatball and sausage subs and pasta salad on the menu, so I'll have a whole day of hand making meatballs on Friday. Simply.Can't.Wait.

I'm rambling, sorry.

Calgon take me awwwwwwwaaayyyyyyyyyy..... (remember those commercials?)

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-16-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
I lost alot in my boobs -- first place it went but I still have a gut, and it doesn't look to be going anywhere at all. Meanwhile, my hands and wrists are gaunt and look veiny and old. Weightloss is so weird. What can we do?

Christmas shopping ALMOST done. Christmas cards will be done today and out in the mail by morning (fingers crossed).

Party planning in full swing for our yearly big bash this coming weekend (for a big night time boat parade that goes by our house) and I'm LOADED with anxiety. In addition to the huge party, my husband's family will be staying that day and over night with us.

I swear my social anxiety has gotten so much worse over the years. I'm trying to just fake my way through all this like I actually think this is fun, but I'm miserable and sick in my stomach. And this much non-specific anxiety over a stupid party makes me feel dumb on top of the sick. These are the moments in life I wish I weren't such a weirdo and could handle this stuff better. One on one with people I'm fine, but parties -- particularly parties that I have to throw -- are so not my thing.

I am such a natural hermit, if it weren't for my husband I would go nowhere and just hang with my dogs and read all the time (and be online of course!).

Later this week I'll be making food out the ying yang, joy joy! We have meatball and sausage subs and pasta salad on the menu, so I'll have a whole day of hand making meatballs on Friday. Simply.Can't.Wait.

I'm rambling, sorry.

Calgon take me awwwwwwwaaayyyyyyyyyy..... (remember those commercials?)
I have social anxiety issues, as well (probably why I am so comfortable here).
My main issues stem around lineups in supermarkets. I am happy to wait in line but when people are behind me in line I get anxious and feel sick. I rush through everything. The worst is grocery stores where you bag your own. I feel like I am making everyone wait. God forbid they need to do a price check. No matter how badly I need something I will just tell them to forget it rather than make someone else wait.

I hope the visit with your in-laws goes well. It sounds like you live in paradise.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #133  
Hi!

I get stressed in social situations sometimes. I am more shy than people think, as those who know me rarely see the shy side. If I have people around me that I know well, the rest of the world doesn't see the shy me either. I would stay at home all the time with my dogs (and husband), or just go out with my dogs (and husband) for company if I could. It hasn't helped living in a new area and not knowing people. It's a small town, and although you'll see it high up on the "friendliest towns in America" lists, the locals are guarded. I have felt so out of sorts since we've been here, and I know that's why my weight has been creeping up. We actually have friends now, so things are better.

See, I can ramble too.

In other news, I have one of my best friend's dogs (Great Dane) with us for a week. She goes back to grandmas next weekend, then we get her back mid-January for about a month. (Her main human is deployed now.) I have known this girldog since her first day home, as I went along to pick her up at the airport. I'm known as her "other mom". She fits in so well with my original pack, but Bowser (the rescue) seems a little out of sorts right now. I just give him hugs and love whenever I can, which seems to help. I have about 475 pounds of dog at my house. Seriously.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #134  

I don't envy you the vacuuming, Mezmerelda.

I have been thinking about my life with my husband when the kids are gone. Oldest is getting married in 2015 but will probably move out within the next year. (we live an easy bus ride from 2 universities so it makes financial sense for kids to stay at home- it is quite common in Canada compared to the US) he is doing his masters and his fiancee has a year left of her nursing degree so I can see them getting a place pretty soon.
Second son is in 3rd year of biomedical engineering so I can see him moving out soon after 2015 as well.
Daughter will start university in 2015 (between that and our 25th wedding anniversary there is sure a lot going on that year)

Anyways I have been thinking that I have very little in common with my husband when the kids are out of the picture. I have always stayed home (I am a home daycare provider), he eats clean, runs everyday, lifts weights etc. The bigger I have gotten the more I have become a shell of my former self. I need to lose weight to be healthy but I also think I need to lose it to feel more confident and willing to put myself "out there" and be an active spouse. I don't think I will ever be a runner but there is no reason I shouldn't lace up the runners and go for nice evening walks with him or something rather than stay on the sofa with a book or reality show.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #135  
Heidi

<--------------- my son snapped this photo of me this AM. When I saw it, I was pretty psyched!
Closed Thread