Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Leeh -- I worked with a teeny, tiny gal who mostly ate Dr. Pepper (regular, not diet) and M-n-Ms. That's it. She must have occasionally had something else or she would have died of scurvy I imagine, but that's all I ever saw her eat. I will say she seemed to eat it all in tiny amounts, though. A big bag of M-n-Ms would last her forever, weeks maybe. It would have lasted me 5 minutes at most. Maybe the boss lady eats tiny plates of poutine.
My thin sister is like that. She eats what she wants just tiny bits. If I ever reach goal I tell myself that is how I will eat but I will need to fix my binge issues first. She orders kid meals from McDonalds and doesn't finish the fries because she is "full" I barely know what being full feels like.

When I was my thinnest I was a starving student. I should just revert to that diet and use the money saved on a new wardrobe.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #77  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I hope your back is better Mrs S!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #78  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am getting a new closet! Woot! This house we moved into lacks some serious closet space. My DH is building me a full length wall closet. I think he started feeling bad for my clothes to be jammed and cramped in So the 4th bedroom will be my walk in closet I am excited because right now I don't even know what I have clothing wise. I was thinking about doing an inventory...lol that I could "find" things. Plus I want to hang all my size 6, the bait clothes, up that I can get motivated with this weight loss. If I see them there tempting me, perhaps I will get my butt in gear with this weight loss thing.

I feel really heavy right now I don't know how many of you read the challenge thread, I posted there my plan for the week to mix things up and get that scale moving.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #79  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Here are a couple pics of my Pyrenees, Rumble and Katie. When you remember I'm over 5'9 and not a small person it gives you a sense of scale for them.

Sorry about picture size, I can't figure out how to make them a bit smaller on this page...

Old 12-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #80  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I hope your back is better Mrs S!
Yes, it is better, thanks so much! It is unfortunately a chronic thing that I have all the time, but can flare up extra bad some days.

That is so exciting about the closet!! We have a tiny closet, it sucks. Your clothes are going to love to have breathing room.

It sounds like you have a good exercise plan for the week -- I got tired reading it, lol.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #81  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Beautiful dogs, and beautiful mrsSnark!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #82  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Gorgeous! My little guy is probably about as big as one of their noses! Lol, he's the smallest dog I've ever had, have to figure out how to post a pic again...my cousin has one of those teeny, tiny dogs, not sure what breed he is, I think he's like 3 pounds, he could get stuck between their toes! I would love a big dog like that.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #83  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Oh Mrs. S those puppies are adorable!!!!!!

We have a medium sized (70 lbs) lab mix. She came to us at around 18 months old. She was severly abused and considered unadobtable. She was so happy to have a home that she did everything we asked her to do and it is absolutely the best behaved dog I know. She is the baby of the family. If I did not have her, I would not walk as much as I do. And days like today, I will guilty that she won't get her walk in because I get home too late from the FCA. -- Well make up for it tomorrow with a 5 mile walk -- She is getting old (nearly 9) that she prefers not to go out every day, 5 days per week is her limit.

I love reading your furbaby stories!!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #84  

Here was our Pyr as a puppy she isn't with us anymore but she was much loved and she made it to 13.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeh View Post
Here was our Pyr as a puppy she isn't with us anymore but she was much loved and she made it to 13.
Your dogs are gorgeous, Mrs Snark.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #86  
Michelle the Vegan

Thanks guys for complimenting my previous furbabies. I do so miss them.

Sum - your lab is so lucky to have found you! I love the side benefit of walking alot as well, and my dogs do love to walk!

Kelijpa - While I do miss these giant kids, because they were AWESOME, we downsized after we lost them. At the same time we had the Great Pyrs we also had a German Shepherd, and Mini Schnauzer, and 2 cats.

I really like having animals, lol. All those kids are now gone, and man is it tough to lose so many furbabies.

Now I now have a female Westie, rescued from the local pound, a male terrier-of-unknown-origin, that I rescued when the state shut down one of those awful puppy mill places. And my newest guy, a 13 year-old mini schnauzer who was also at the local pound. I was only supposed to foster this last guy, but of course we fell in love with him and he's staying with us.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #87  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Ohhhhh Leeh, so adorable! She's SO cute! Pyrs are just unbelievable cute when babies! I can't believe you are a fellow pyr owner! Awesome!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Ohhhhh Leeh, so adorable! She's SO cute! Pyrs are just unbelievable cute when babies! I can't believe you are a fellow pyr owner! Awesome!
We haven't replaced, Tea. She passed away in 2009 and it was really hard on us. You know she was a natural guardian dog. One day we were walking and my daughter was about 2. A stranger was walking towards us and Tea knocked my daughter over and stood over her until he walked by. No growl or bark just standing, alert. We had a large inground pool and Tea would just patrol the perimeter the whole time the kids were in the water. Some people are scared of big dogs but I find them to be the best around kids.

I am feeling like I am ready for another dog but the kids are all growing up (oldest is doing a Masters, middle is in 3rd year engineering and youngest is in her next to last year of high school)

We have been looking at rescues instead of another puppy.

I was at a party a few months ago with the most beautiful Bernese Pyr combo.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #89  

Now I've just spent time going over a rescue page that has tears streaming. I don't know how people can take on pets and then treat them so horribly. I guess it is the same as I can't understand how people have children only to abuse them.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #90  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
What a cutie!
Closed Thread