Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
<--------------- my son snapped this photo of me this AM. When I saw it, I was pretty psyched!
It is a really nice photo. I don't know you before so I would never know you had list 50+ pounds
Old 12-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #137  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

That is a great picture, Heidi! You look so thin!!

Leeh My DH and I walk together as often as we can, and it is a great way to reconnect and talk.

And I thought I was busy with 70 pounds of dog, mezmerelda

Michelle -- Your party sounds heavenly, I wish I was there to enjoy it with you I am jealous of your water view and warm weather.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #138  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all read everything, sorry, feeling sleepy, so I'll apologize in advance for missing anybody.

Mrs Snark, hope your party goes well, I know the non specific anxiety of which you speak, I drive myself crazy sometimes...bet to you

NewLeaf, that is an awesome photo, you look fab as does your kitty!

Leeh, I feel like you could use a too

Mezmerelda, wow that's a lot of dog poundage, lol, I feel like my little 25 pounds of rescued cocker spaniel mix is more than I can handle sometimes, only sometimes, I do love the little bugger.

Sum, congrats on trying something different, step is strenuous for sure. You got me to finally look up DOMS, thanks for that, good to know what happens to me sometimes

Best to all
Old 12-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #139  
Fat to Fab and Fit

My 155 lbs finally broke, not by much but I saw something besides that number. 154.8; yeah baby!

We shall see if it sticks because I'll have a high sodium sushi lunch with some girlfriends. I am looking forward to my lunch; I have not seen these ladies in a while.

I have a busy day of being lady of leisure today
1) Walk/hike through snow with my furbaby
2) Lunch w/friends
3) Getting a mani and pedi
4) Weight lifting

Then off to mom duty and making (leftover) dinner. Each hour of my day is taken It will be a good day.

Last edited by Sum38; 12-17-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #140  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Love that picture Heidi, it is great and you look wonderful!

Congrats on breaking 155 sum, you've really put in the effort! Keep up the great work in the step class, your cardio fitness will come back faster than you think!

Leeh - never say never on being a runner, you may discover that you like it as time goes by! Often a good walking program just naturally turns into running as you get fitter and more comfortable! Of course, just walking is fabulous in itself!

idahogirl - your list of holiday treats sounds mighty delicious! So much temptation! Stay strong, you can do it!

mezmerelda -- oooo I love Great Danes, how much fun to get to keep her for a while! That is a serious amount of dog poundage at your house!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-18-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #141  
Hi!

A mani/pedi sounds wonderful right now. I need to get one before vacation.

We are gearing up for a couple of office celebrations this week, so there is food everywhere. I think I will just lock myself in my office and come out on Friday night.

I am really glad all 4 of the dogs get along well. It makes my life much easier this week. We'll see how they do tonight when we take all 4 on a walk - my husband is required to join. :-)

Has anyone bought a ticket for tonight's big lotto? I know my chances of getting canonized are better, but I will still buy it just for fun. I enjoy thinking about what I'd do with the money, even if it's just a fraction. I'd pay off a few friend's and family member's mortgages, buy a vacation home (or at least a couple of months of rental a year) for my mom, and probably get a couple of vacation homes for myself. I'd give my notice at work, but help them find a replacement before I leave. (I'm weird, I know.) Not sure what else I'd do other than some charitable things. It will never happen, but it gives me something to day dream about in the middle of winter.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #142  
Michelle the Vegan

Oh my, I never keep track of the lottery, mezmerelda, but thanks for the reminder, I'll make sure we get a couple tickets for a shot at 586 million buckaroos.

I don't think you're weird for helping work find your replacement, having tons of money doesn't preclude being a nice person!

I'd get an airstream and travel all around the country with my hubbie and dogs. We'd probably upsize our sailboat too, and do a couple years as liveaboards. And of course the extended family would all be taken care of.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-17-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #143  
Michelle the Vegan

I just noticed in the 40-something weekly weigh-in thread that sum has figured out a way to reverse the space-time continuum and is reliving November. I bet she is reverse aging, too.

I want sum of that.

See what I did there? Hee hee!
Old 12-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #144  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hehe... I am getting younger by the minute
Old 12-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #145  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

MrsSnark sorry to hear about your social anxiety. I never would have guess, given how outgoing you are... Looks like you have found great compensating mechanisms

Sum congrats on breaking the 155 barrier again! You have been so diligent; it was bound to happen

Nothing new here. Crummy day foodwise yesterday. Still trying to figure out why. Back on track.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #146  

newleaf when you say crummy what do you mean? Eating too much, making poor choices, a bit of both? My crummy days are about making poor choices more than anything.
I can't leave savoury snacks alone and I would sell my first born for a chocolate bar.
Daughter and I went downtown Christmas shopping and to a Callebaut Chocolatier I bought a box of chocolates to have out for the season and I deliberately chose mostly fillings I will not enjoy. I can't believe that at 45 I need to sabotage a box just so I won't be tempted. I am half worried that I will be sucking the chocolate off and leaving the filling aside
Old 12-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #147  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Leeh I was thinking about what you said. -- I got a glimpse what my life will bring me in a year or so. -- This year my DS is a senior at High School, DD goes to local college but lives at home. DH travels Mon- Fri. Anyhow, next year DS will be away at college, DD is about to transfer to a different college away from home and DH keeps traveling.... Last night DS was snowboarding, DD daughter at work and DH working away; I was home all alone. It was quiet and sad. -- I will have a lot of lonely nights ahead of me. Hard to believe that my children are just about grown. Sniff

So even more so, I am going to throw myself into volunteer work to keep my days busy and fruitful.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #148  

I so know what you are saying, Sum. My husband rarely travels overnight but he works long hours, occasionally he is home for dinner but usually I just go ahead without him with whichever kids are home at the time.
I find I watch way too much tv alone while kids are in different directions and husband is out.
I did force myself out of my comfort zone and join the parent council at my daughter's school when they sent out a memo that they were unable to meet quorum this year. My kids study in French so it forces me to use my mother tongue and I had been slack over the past few years. I put myself on the graduation committee so that will be fun.
I think volunteering is a good way to force yourself to get out of the house and away from temptation.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #149  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Leeh Good for you for stepping outside of your comfort zone and volunteering for your DD's school. I did a ton of volunteering for school and all youth organizations my kids were part of.

Today was a great exercise day for me. I probably burned nearly 1000 calories just from exercise alone. First I hiked though snowy woods, and it was hard. I was soaked with sweat when I was done. -- This evening I did my 3rd step aerobic class, and I am getting better at it. I did not feel like an elephant this time Interesting to see how one's general condition improves.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #150  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I know I am late to the pet parade but I thought I'd link a couple pics of my animal babies, too.

Angel my sweet pound puppy mutt:

Kritter my Balinese:

Greg, my daughter's rat:
Closed Thread