Height: 5'3 1/2"

Got back on track got in a 3 mile hike.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #167  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindii View Post
Wow that's awesome! I'm trying to reach my goal of walking four times a week and struggling to do that! I've also been taking my dogs with me on the walks and they are not only loving it but behaving better on the lead (which is a bonus for my arms lol)..
What helps me is to place no distance requirement on my walks. Sometimes they may be only 3/4 of a mile. Other times, they will be 5 miles. It depends on my energy level. My only requirement is I have to walk every day. If I just make it to the end of the street, that meets the requirement.

And yes, it definitely helps with my pup's behavior. She's also in obedience training, so this helps me as I can work on some of her lessons while we're walking. Two birds with one stone.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #168  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

There are pretzels in the house. Gah!

My good decision is to give them the cold shoulder. I moved them out of the kitchen into my husband's personal snack cabinet.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #169  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Dee that's a great way to look at it, just do something.

Give them the ice cold shoulder Mrs Snark! It works for me to tell myself that's not mine.

Keep at it Bindi!

My good choice today was to attempt my c25k in spite of TOM, I can't believe it , but I did it Ya-freakin-hoo

Old 10-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I decided to rejoin Weight Watchers today.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #171  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I wish "intuitive eating" came naturally to me because intuition is telling me, "Grab all the candy corn you can get, it's going to be out of the stores soon!!"

Luckily it is also telling me, "all that food coloring and sugar can't be good for you" and those are the thoughts that are winning out.

Hence my good choice? To not buy candy yesterday, but to go buy new fall jackets instead since I gave away all my old ones last winter because they were too big.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 213/208.4/145

Height: 5'4"

Packed two different kinds of vegetables for my lunch!
Old 10-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #173  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Well done, Heidi. Candy corn. *drool* I always did love that stuff -- and then some evil, horrible, irresponsible friend of mine introduced me to his family's tradition of mixing candy corn and salted peanuts together. It is like crack (or at least how I imagine crack would be). So addictive.

Can't find vegan candy corn around here, and even if I could, I shouldn't EVER eat it... but man, do I miss that stuff.

Yay for veggies, Zuzus Petals, the more the better!

Kelijpa -- when are you NOT going to be surprised how well you are doing at C25k, lol? You must soon give up the doubt, because you are SO rocking it!

Streudel -- good job, I hope Weight Watchers brings you much success!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 10-23-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #174  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Mrs. Snark - I am transitioning from being surprised I can do it to extremely proud of myself for doing it...I'm a late bloomer I guess even with this...late to realizing I'm doing it oh well, that's me. One of my horrible indulgences (haven't done this in a long, long time) is movie theater popcorn and goobers, something about the mixture of fat, salt, chocolate and peanuts, I don't know, but your candy corn and peanut mixture reminded me of it...

Streudel - WW has many great aspects, it's been a part of my weight loss efforts forever, congrats on going back, I was just reading some of the tools for living the other night, they do have some great stuff like those that get overshadowed by the points. When I lose this 15 or so lbs. I'm going back, I keep thinking about just going back now, but I have this goal so I'll give myself a little more time.

Heidi - the dreaded candy corn will be gone soon for sure, it's good your healthy thoughts are winning out. tonight i was debating whether to have another piece of jerk chicken or some irish cream, neither the healthiest choice, I ended up having neither so that was good.

My big good choice today was going to the rail trail even though it was sprinkling, worked out great, at the little gym at work there were 4 guys on the treadmills, only one open was in the middle, I just couldn't do it, I thought well, when it's snowing if I have to I'll get in the middle there, lol, anyway I got week 7 day 2 done, I'm making the time, not quite the distance, but not too far off, so very proud of that.

best to all
Old 10-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #175  
I love the punching bag!

S/C/G: 175/130/125

Height: 5'2"

Today is a rest day for my meaning that I will not work out and let my body heal.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #176  

Good choice re the candy corn Heidi! I think you deserve a big pat on the back for that one!

And which vegetables did you pack for your lunch Zuzus Petals? I ask because deciding what to take for lunch these days has been somewhat of a struggle for me. Which is a change from the 'old days' when I just ate what and as much of anything that I wanted - which is exactly how I got myself into this mess in the first place lol

And kelijpa I think I have you to thank for this afternoons walk as when I got in from work it looked very much like a storm was brewing so I got changed and hung about the house for 10 minutes or so. Then I remembered your mantra about walking every day (although for my purposes I have changed it to 4 times a week due to work commitments) so I got changed again, grabbed the dogs and ended up walking for about 4 kms.

I was pleased to see that according the runkeeper app that I am getting faster on my walks - although I am far from fit or even walking as fast as most people would be walking - as a couple of weeks ago my average pace on my walks was about 12 mins per 1 kilometre (0.6 mile) but it is now down to about 10 mins per km. It may not be a huge achievement but for me its something I am still finding the hills a bit of a struggle but some of them seem a little more 'doable' these days so I guess that's also a good sign! The name of the place where I live ends in the word 'Hills' (as in Beverly Hills for example) and can I just say that it is named so for a reason; there is literally no where to walk around here that does not involve at least one decent hill climb. I know later I will be grateful for that but right now I am seriously considering moving lol

And Boxing Flower I think that a rest day once a week is not only good for the body but also good for the soul.

Last edited by Bindii; 10-25-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #177  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Bindii It is very hilly where I live, too. Similar to you, the area is called ___________ Hills for a reason! You will be amazed by how you will one day be zipping up those hills without a thought. Great job on increasing your pace a bit!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Ugg, I think candy corn is vile. Unfortunately, I don't feel that way about ALL candy. But we don't get any trick or treaters so no reason to have it in the house.

My good choice today is to just keep at it one more day. One day begets more days and, hopefully, a day when I really GET the intuitive eating concept.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #179  
I love the punching bag!

S/C/G: 175/130/125

Height: 5'2"

Thank you Bindii
Old 10-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #180  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Bindi, Newleaf, I live on a hill, too, we don't have to worry about flooding, lol, my road is ------ Hill Road . Great job getting out for your walk, it's great you'll be able to see your progress on the run keeper, we've been talking lately about how we used to have to stop going up our hill. We have a loop that goes down down our property and up our neighbors', or vice versa, it's a little under a mile and definitely a challenge. I like to look at the elevation on the run keeper after a walk, also motivating!

Tonight when we were leaving the grocery there was some containers with stuff called goblin grub, it was candy corn and salted peanuts mixed together, I mentioned to DH that candy corn and that mixture was a topic on 3fc, resisted the urge to try it...

My food choices weren't the best but I did make a good choice going to the rail trail, it was dang chilly and I was kind of thinking about putting off to tomorrow, but went and did 5 miles so happy to have jogged, walked off some of my calories!

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-26-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Closed Thread