3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

One good choice I made today was...

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #121
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Great job Mrs Snark, I think you're right. We're a little low on fruit this week, I'm really noticing not having as much to snack on, nothing worse than being hungry and not having good choices available.

My good choice was getting in my c25k, I had my sweat crown on, felt great, I'll be halfway before vacation, will do what I can when I can and plan to hit it hard when I get back.

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
Old 09-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #122
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

One good choice I made today was to do my C25K on the road, the freakin treadmill buttons quit responding, I was devastated...so I decided to get my butt outside and give it a try, I made it, my last 5 minutes was uphill, surely not my fastest time but I kept going and made it.

It was definitely a confidence builder, so officially halfway through! week 4 done!

best to all

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
Old 09-28-2013, 02:49 AM   #123

I made the choice today to do something about my weight and sealed the deal with a 40 minute dog walk this afternoon. Never mind that the same walk used to take me less than 20 minutes a couple years ago when I was fitter - and thinner - I still did it. It's a start.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #124
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Great job Bindi, and welcome to the site! I walk my dogs every morning (and in the winter I sometimes walk them at night too), such a good excuse to get exercise!

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird.)
Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #125
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Welcome Bindi, getting started is sometimes the hardest part, keep going, you're headed in the right direction!

DH
Old 09-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #126

Thanks! I followed it up today with another dog walk and an awesome salad for dinner.. I surprised myself as I actually enjoyed it!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #127
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

WTG Bindii, keep going.

I chose to do my c25k on the road again, dang treadmill, got in week 5 day 1, am a bit intimidated by day 2...lol...I expected it to be the same. My plan is to get as far in to week 5 as I can before vacation and then start again at 5 when I get back.

best to all

DH
Old 09-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #128
Michelle the Vegan

Every time you've been intimidated you've rocked it Kelijpa, I know you'll do great!

I just squeezed my run in while my husband and his sister are out sailing. Yay! I feel like a normal human person today, what with the eating of actual food and the exercise. Glad to put that flu BEHIND me! It felt great to sweat for the right reason, instead of because of a fever!

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 09-29-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #129
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Glad you're feeling better Mrs Snark!!

DH
Old 10-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #130
Michelle the Vegan

Today, I am letting go of my mistakes and looking forward to the future. Today I choose to believe in myself!

Hope everyone has a lovely October 1!

Old 10-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #131
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Excellent plan Mrs Snark!

Today I chose to go to the rail trail and do week 5 day 2 after I got my furlough letter. Could have used it as an excuse to reward myself with some snackage for sure. I got an early start on my vacation and was able to go with DH to his dr. appt. plus it was a gorgeous day, so focusing on the positives!

I know I keep saying it, but I saw day 3 and was like "really, they think I can jog for 20 minutes..." I wasn't expecting that 'til week. 6 or 7!

Best to all

DH

Last edited by kelijpa : 10-01-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
WTG Bindii, keep going.

I chose to do my c25k on the road again, dang treadmill, got in week 5 day 1, am a bit intimidated by day 2...lol...I expected it to be the same. My plan is to get as far in to week 5 as I can before vacation and then start again at 5 when I get back.

best to all
Okay.. I'll bite. What is c25k? It seems to be used here a bit but I have no idea what it means. Oh and have an awesome vacation!

Another dog walk today and I have to say that I am downright embarrassed by how unfit I am. I'm huffing and puffing through my walk and it was so bad at once stage that I considered turning around and heading home early - and then I caught sight of my shadow (eeek!) so I completed the walk and told myself that in a few months time that shadow will be a little smaller! That is the same reason I have this disgusting avatar, it's my shame that my weight has come to this and everytime I see it I not only cringe but I am reminded to stick with it. I'm not even walking very far at the moment but I'm still pleased that I am doing something.

Last edited by Bindii : 10-02-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #133
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Hi Bindii - I have so been where you're at. I remember looking at my shadow, too, and beng motivated to change it. There's a hill by my house I remember having to stop halfway up and I do remember one day walking up and realizing it wasn't as hard, it was great to feel the difference. You will get there! I'm a regainer and fighting hard to keep off what I got off, and then try to push off a couple more. I don't want to lose how much better I feel.

C25k is the couch to 5k program, I have it as an app on my phone, it's an 8 week program that has you jog a little at a time, I like it because it just has a time, not a speed so you can jog at your own pace. I had seen quite a few posts about it on here and after reading Mrs Snark's blog decided I wanted to try being a runner again.

Keep motivating yourself

DH
Old 10-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #134
Michelle the Vegan

Another C25k endorsement from me -- I used couch to 5k when I started running, and it made me into a true believer. I'd always thought I just couldn't run and that runners where like a whole 'nother alien species.

I also never understood WHY anyone would WANT to run, because it always felt so awful when I tried (I just didn't understand the slow and steady approach to building endurance and getting your body used to the motion/stresses).

Now, I am in looooove with running, it is absolutely my all-time-favorite sport (ties with hiking, I love me some hiking, so jealous of where Keli lives!).

The whole experience taught me to be more open to trying new things and not to dismiss anything out of hand.

Not everyone will fall in love with running, but you might fall in love with some other sport you never thought you'd try!

Old 10-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #135
Michelle the Vegan

I walked my dogs and then hopped on the treadmill right away for a 4 mile run and then I had fruit for breakfast. It is like a good decision avalanche up in here!

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 10-05-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.