One good choice I made today was...

You're on Page 8 of 35
Go to
  • Good job on the C25k, Kelijpa! I'm also jealous of all the hiking you get in, do you live really close to trails?

I am sore today from the new strength routine I started yesterday, but I got today's run done first thing this a.m..

I love when I get my exercise done early, it makes me feel so accomplished !
  • I drank lime water with lunch instead of soda. Soda has been pulling me back in and I need to get a handle on it again.
  • Quote: I drank lime water with lunch instead of soda. Soda has been pulling me back in and I need to get a handle on it again.

Good job, Lass, soda is sooo addictive! Well done!
  • Great job Lass! Soda is hard to quit.

Mrs Snark- I live in a rural area, pretty much live in the woods, there are lots of old logging roads that you can hike and we made a trail on our property, sometimes we hike by the power lines, it's great to be able to hike around, we don't have a lot of neighbors, that could bother some people, I guess but we like it.

My good choice today was sticking to my vegan plan for the day, need to work on getting my water in.

Best to all
  • Kelijpa -- that sounds like a lovely area to live in. I would personally adore the isolation, I'm very hermity. As a child, I always wanted to move to the Alaskan wilderness and hug bears and mooses and just eat turnips and berries and read all day. I just love any sort of woods. SO funny, then, that I live in flat as a pancake Florida, no woods in sight.

Good job staying vegan for the day!

I got my run in first thing this morning after 3 miles of dog walking as a warm up. Trying to get back into a morning run pattern -- I prefer to get all my exercise done early as it sets the right tone for the day!
  • Mrs Snark- I love living in the woods, I love to visit FL as well, especially around Feb or March when you think the sun has abandoned us for good up here!

One good choice I made yesterday was not to eat a chocolate junior, someone brought in some tasty cake snacks, mini donuts, chocolate junior and those coffee cake cupcakes, danger, danger! I went so far as to put one in my desk drawer, but didn't succumb.

• Ooo Kelijpa, that takes alot of willpower -- well done you!

I did my body-weight strength routine with lots of focus on proper form and muscle contraction to get the most out of it.
  • Got in c25k week 3 day 3, week 4 has me a little intimidated, but I think I can do it, I know I can!

The chocolate junior is still living in my desk drawer and wasn't as appealing as a day old thing that's been sitting in my drawer. Not to say it isn't renewing it's strength overnight to attack me tomorrow, lol.

Network was down at work today, killer boredom was setting in, no one limes to do filing and housekeeping tasks all day, all that stuff you put off because you're too busy (aka you don't want to do it)

Great job strength training Mrs Snark, I'm falling off with that need to pick it up again, tomorrow for sure.

• I had to google Chocolate Junior to see exactly what sort of enemy you were grappling with -- never had one of those! I've put a hurtin' on all sorts of snackie cakes in my day, but never had Tastykake products, they weren't around here in the South when I was younger and doing mortal damage to Little Debbies and moon pies. Now of course it is too late (thank goodness!)!

You're going to rock Week 4, I know it!
  • So, I subconsciously forgot the thing in my desk drawer, so I'm thinking it has lost it's hold on me love the little Debbie's did some damage to those oatmeal cookie sandwich things in my day

Tomorrow I walk in the race for the cure with my mom, supposed to be a nice day, so I have a plan if I don't get my c25k in today it will be Sunday.

Best to all
  • I chose not to eat poorly after a depressing clothes shopping excursion. I've identified this as a trigger: trying on jeans, looking terrible, eating poorly.

You would think that, wearing a size 8 skirt, I could find pants that fit. But apparently my thighs are freakishly large.
  • Newleaf-I'm sure your thighs are NOT! Shopping for clothes really sucks at times, I find I can only fit well in Lee jeans, one of my friends swears by Levi's, my experience has been once I find a brand with the cut that works for me I stick with them. Best of luck to you.

Today I chose to get back to doing my exercises along with the c25k, instead if just doing c25k like I did last week.

Got in week 4 day 1, challenging, but felt great to finish as this is farther than I got with my other running program, only ever made it through week 3.

Best to all
  • Good job on ignoring that trigger Newleaf, I'm sorry the shopping was so hard. I'm not a fan of shopping, and like you, if it goes poorly I end up feeling really bad. I hate that.

Kelijpa -- Congrats on breaking new ground in the running program, that's awesome. !!

I'm going to have a busy afternoon so I did my run first thing this morning right after walking my dogs. No way I can skip it now!
  • Great Mrs Snark, I try and make sure to do mine in the a.m. on the weekends so I don't get distracted and miss it.

Got my exercises in, not the weights, but we're getting there...
  • I felt hungry, so I drank a glass of water.

A while later I still felt truly hungry so I ate a grapefruit. Such a simple thing, but such a good choice for me. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is how a "normal" person would act/eat.