One good choice I made today was...

You're on Page 28 of 35
Go to
  • Still no loss, still no stuffing my face. Serious self control at this point.
  • Quote: Kale chips are very easy to make. I take a bag of kale-pre chopped pre-washed from Trader Joes or sometimes I just chop up my own. I spread on a baking sheet and spray with an olive oil spray or canola spray. Then I sprinkle it with sea salt and pepper and sometimes garlic powder. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then check for desired crispiness and toss. You just have to watch to make she you don't burn them. I like them on the crunchy side . Also just don't overdo the salt or other spices the chips shrink and then it's too salty or garlicky but experiment with it. I've hear kale chips are very very expensive to buy.
    Thank you! I'll give them a try!

Quote: Still no loss, still no stuffing my face. Serious self control at this point.
    Hang in there.. if you are sticking to a good eating and exercise plan than it has to work eventually.

And today I made some real progress, I've been chatting to my better half and he's agreed to eat a 'meal' plan - as in better food choices and portion sizes. He has always struggled with his weight but until now has not been keen on eating 'diet' food which meant that I had to prepare and cook separate meals (which of course rarely happened due to the extra work and expense involved). I feel that if we are both eating the same it will be so much easier for us to do this as a team.
  • Today I did not buy peanuts. I can't have them, even though they are healthy. I just eat too many of them and I can't control myself when they are around.

Also did not buy any Reddi Whip. I wanted some but I just can't have a little squirt of it on my sf jell-o. If it's in the house I WILL eat it, just like the peanuts.
  • Resisting the dozen delicious-looking donuts sitting on the dashboard of the car for an hour, even though I was starving!
  • Cattails, I'm impressed. I haven't had a donut in 19 months because I completely avoid places where they might be, but if they were with me in the car, I think I'd have a hard time not eating one.
  • Marlene, surprisingly it wasn't that hard - I kept remembering how bleech they make me feel afterwards. Yesterday I had a teeny tiny taste of one and my reaction was "donuts are really kind of icky, aren't they?" Give me dark chocolate instead any day!
  • I'm completely with you on the dark chocolate! Maybe the donuts wouldn't bother me... But I'm not tempting fate unnecessaryly.

• Did someone mention donuts?
    They are my No. 1 weakness.
    Good job there are no DDs or KKs in Switzerland!

Today, I made crepes. I had one small one, with a bit of black currant compote instead of Greyerzer cheese.
  • I really wanted a bagel with globs of butter from Starbucks this morning, but since i left my giftcard at home, I just made coffee in my office and ate my 2 hard boiled eggs & apple. Good choice food-wise and money-wise.
  • Checked in at 3FC (always a good idea!)!

I've been trying to break my computer habit and have been offline, but I miss checking 3fc. I'm making a new rule that I can check the forum once a week for now, it is too valuable to miss!
  • i ate low carb all day. For dinner had a lot of asparagus.
  • Getting out of the kitchen and going for a walk instead.
  • It was really yesterday, made myself do my exercises, which got me to do them again today, also said no to snacks yesterday or today, yippee, two days in a row.

Best to all
  • Still using fitbit and myfitnesspal. I'm obsessed.
  • Got my exercise done even though I was sooooo tired.