One good choice I made today was...

You're on Page 27 of 35
Go to
  • I am feeling like I am non-stop hungry. The goal my fitness pal gave me to eat was 1200, and I have been barely under (like 15 calories under), is it possible I need more? I am afraid to eat more until I have a couple weeks with exact and true tracking via the fitness pal, but omg.... I AM SO HUNGRY.
  • I can only answer from my personal experience, so your mileage may vary:

Hunger is the enemy. If I am hungry, I eat something HEALTHY, and I have done so from Day 1. Being hungry is a trigger for me, and being really, REALLY hungry and ignoring it has only ever led me to disaster.

There is no way I got fat because I ate a salad when I was truly hungry. Or an orange, or big serving of roasted veggies, or something else healthy. And that has proven to be true. I have no desire to spend my life starving, and in my humble, personal opinion, you don't have to live with that kind of hunger in order to lose weight (though it seems many people think you do).
  • Abbi, MFP gives me 1340 a day, I might be under that 1 or 2 days on a really good week, I usually do some kind of exercise to get me some more calories... I started adding an egg in the morning with my breakfast cereal, usually either oatmeal or cream of wheat, because I was getting hungry. I bring fruits with me to work, an apple, orange and/or banana because I tend to make bad choices when hungry...best of luck to you

my good choice today was sticking to my plan and getting in my exercise!

oh, while I was away for work I had access to a treadmill and was happier than happy to be able to jog for 30 minutes, didn't lose my jogging muscles riding the exercise bike this winter
  • Not going for the Kit-kat and Reese's in the fridge. I will plan the piece of cheesecake my husband brought home for my meal tomorrow and exercise extra to cover the cheesecake.
  • I've thought I would try the app 7 Min work out yesterday.. the idea being that you work out a set routine by the app for 7 minutes - you can repeat the workout as many times if you want - but if you only have 7 minutes the workout is supposed to be a good one.
    I have to say that I'm quite pleased that I only did the 7 minutes (which I might add nearly killed me) as today movement of any kind holds little appeal to me.. I feel like I've been run over by a bus. I think back to yesterday morning when - before I had actually started the 7 minute routine - I had a little righteous giggle to myself about how 7 minutes of exercise was unlikely to have any effect on me whatsoever.. it'll be easy I said.. it'll be fun I said. Famous last words. Today I think I'll be sticking to a short walk on the treadmill (which considering how I feel is probably a stretch) and sitting on the couch. Tomorrow I may attempt another 7 minute workout as it obviously did something..
  • Bindii, good job! When I started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred video, I thought I would die. But I kept going back & doing it. So, now I'm on level 2 and its starting to get a bit easier. So, just keep doing that with your 7 Min work out, you'll get to the point where 1 set goes well, and then you can do 2, and so forth.
  • I did squats every time the dogs stopped to pee during dog walks this morning. Just a little something extra for today.
  • I had an almost completely vegetarian dinner. My husband was annoyed and said he was getting tired of all the green! Stir fry veggies with a few shrimp and a giant salad..I love eating green food and I was craving kale chips too. I happy that I crave kale chips and not tortilla chips! It's like my body is soooo happy to be nourished now with vitamins and veggies. It's a huge shift for me.
  • Quote: Bindii, good job! When I started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred video, I thought I would die. But I kept going back & doing it. So, now I'm on level 2 and its starting to get a bit easier. So, just keep doing that with your 7 Min work out, you'll get to the point where 1 set goes well, and then you can do 2, and so forth.
    That's good news! I've managed another workout (if 7 minutes constitutes a workout lol) and am not about to give up.. even if I feel like I'm walking around on someone else's legs..

Quote: I did squats every time the dogs stopped to pee during dog walks this morning. Just a little something extra for today.
    Just so long as the neighbours didn't think it was you watering the trees lol...

Quote: I had an almost completely vegetarian dinner. My husband was annoyed and said he was getting tired of all the green! Stir fry veggies with a few shrimp and a giant salad..I love eating green food and I was craving kale chips too. I happy that I crave kale chips and not tortilla chips! It's like my body is soooo happy to be nourished now with vitamins and veggies. It's a huge shift for me.
    I've got to try these Kale chips.. there isn't anywhere around here that sells them and Kale has only in the last week or so started to appear in some of the stores.. I'll have to hunt down a recipe I think.
  • Kale chips are soooo easy, even a non-cooking gork like me makes them frequently. Basically they just get roasted in the oven (you'll find tons of recipe for them online). I do the same treatment for Brussels sprouts and fresh green beans and they are equally yummy!
  • Quote: Kale chips are soooo easy, even a non-cooking gork like me makes them frequently. Basically they just get roasted in the oven (you'll find tons of recipe for them online). I do the same treatment for Brussels sprouts and fresh green beans and they are equally yummy!
    Do you peel/break up the Brussels Sprouts so they are like chips? And do you bake the green beans until they are crunchy? These sound soooo goood to me right now. I'mma make some this week. Brussels sprouts are in season right now. Mmmmmm
  • Getting back to my squats this morning even though last time I did too many and I couldn't walk for two days. Note to self: dial back the squats a little, for now. But keep doing them!
  • Not stuffing my face because I didn't lose this week. I really wanted too.
  • Quote: That's good news! I've managed another workout (if 7 minutes constitutes a workout lol) and am not about to give up.. even if I feel like I'm walking around on someone else's legs..

Just so long as the neighbours didn't think it was you watering the trees lol...

I've got to try these Kale chips.. there isn't anywhere around here that sells them and Kale has only in the last week or so started to appear in some of the stores.. I'll have to hunt down a recipe I think.
    Kale chips are very easy to make. I take a bag of kale-pre chopped pre-washed from Trader Joes or sometimes I just chop up my own. I spread on a baking sheet and spray with an olive oil spray or canola spray. Then I sprinkle it with sea salt and pepper and sometimes garlic powder. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then check for desired crispiness and toss. You just have to watch to make she you don't burn them. I like them on the crunchy side . Also just don't overdo the salt or other spices the chips shrink and then it's too salty or garlicky but experiment with it. I've hear kale chips are very very expensive to buy.
  • I just read the first page of this thread. That's enough. You guys are amazing. All being so good. I haven' trade any good choices today. But i haven't made any bad choices either and don't intend to.

Oh well i do make good choices every day but its routine now.

Oh yes the dogs love a walk. And dogs are great for motivating you to walk.