3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

One good choice I made today was...

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #301

S/C/G: 144/136/128

Height: 5' 3"

I was alone. In the house. With cookies, and Panera Bread.

My Choice?

40 minutes on the bike.

YAY ME!

Start Date: May 5, 2008

Just trying to maintain on the beach!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #302
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
I was alone. In the house. With cookies, and Panera Bread.

My Choice?

40 minutes on the bike.

YAY ME!
Nice job!

"A mistake is not failure but feedback. -Rod Gilbert"
Old 01-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #303
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

My good choice today was starting up my exercise program again, going to try and do the whole 12 week program, feeling confident from completing the C25K I think I can do it!

Mrs Snark I finally made a good choice today, I'm back

NewLeaf congrats on finding your way to eat at the office

Hope everyone's doing well!

WTG TwynnB!!

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH

Last edited by kelijpa : 01-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #304
Vegetarian low-carb

S/C/G: 185/131/120

Height: 5'2"

Getting extra errands done this morning AND staying on my meal plan all day.

185/131/120 ~ 5'2"

Old 01-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #305
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Kelijpa -- I have no doubts you'll complete the 12 week program!

Twynne -- Panera bread and you didn't eat it? YOU WIN!

ShrinkingMe -- Great job!

I did my run even though my legs were sore from the day before workout. But I got it done -- I put on an episode of the Walking Dead and I ran until it was done, yippee!

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)
Old 01-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #306
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Mrs Snark, great job on getting the run in, I was feeling yesterday's exercises today as well, but did 'em again. I'm afraid to start watching the Walking Dead, I almost started after watching World War Z, great zombies. It probably would be good for working out, I usually read something on my kindle app, but do sometimes watch a movie or a show.

Best to all lots of sun today, but cold, cold, cold.

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
Old 01-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #307

S/C/G: 144/136/128

Height: 5' 3"

I didn't eat a one of my kids' potato chips (although it's easier to resist those nasty salt and vinegar ones DS has!). If I start, I can't stop!

Start Date: May 5, 2008

Just trying to maintain on the beach!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #308
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

We made it to the rail trail today, bundled up and got in 4 miles, they had it cleared pretty good, a little snowy here and there, about 20 degrees and sunny.

We went shopping got some fish and veggies, apples and oranges, bringing in the healthy stuff.

Best to all

DH
Old 01-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #309
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Not letting the fact that did a favor for my x-husband, his unthankful and demanding nature, ruin my entire day and make me turn to food after a week of doing what I should. I took the kids and dropped them off at his house last Saturday for their visit. His car was broken down. It was a one time thing, the only he arranged or asked for.

This morning pick up time came and went, he called demanding to know where the kids were, told him they were here waiting for him. He said I knew his car wasn't running, and I knew that I needed to bring them to him. I told him NO I didn't know his car was still not running as he hadn't contacted me since, or asked me to bring the kids to his apartment again this Saturday.

Gee it sounded like when we were married. I'm just suppossed to know he needs things and provide it or do him favors and forget the way he behaves and demands. This would have driven me to food in the past, probably would have last week as well. Not today, I wasn't going to give him that victory.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #310
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Way to go Mainecyn! Stay strong

DH
Old 01-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #311
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Way to go Cyn, those emotional challenges can be so tough!

Twynn -- oh man, I loooove salt and vinegar chips (at least I formerly looooved them).

Today's good decision: biking with Mr. Snark before we sink back into the sofas to watch playoff football. He always makes me go so much faster than I'd go by myself -- I was uncomfortable for all 13.67 miles so I know I got a good workout. By myself I have a tendency to just cruuuuiiise along while looking at this or that.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 01-05-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #312
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Good choice today was doing lunges and squats before going out on the snowshoes with DH, no way I would be doing them now. DH kept a much faster pace than I would have coming back, I kept slowing down and then having to pick up the pace, I really didn't want to fall back. I had a good pace going out, breaking trail, so it worked out good.

Mrs Snark, can't wait to be able to ride my bike outside

DH
Old 01-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #313

S/C/G: 237/139.6/115

Height: 5'4"

Ate a gluten free butter flavored rice cake instead of a bag of popcorn
Old 01-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #314

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Went to the gym with a friend. Pushed myself to do more and left an hour and 10 min later having walked 3 miles and biked 14 miles. Longest I ever went in one gym visit!

Goal: Get under 190lbs! 02/14/14 This goal reached!
Goal: Get under 180lbs!
Goal: Wear a Medium Again (comfortably)

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/vealcalf2000

These are aerobic steps! Last Updated from March 2
Old 01-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #315

Today I made a choice to stop mucking about with my yoyo dieting and to get down to it and make it work! Telling myself that I will be extra good tomorrow after eating wrong today isn't ever going to work for me - or my partner who has agreed to support me and join me on my EVERYDAY healthy eating and exercise plan.

and once more in pounds.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.