3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

One good choice I made today was...

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #286

I had to whip by the mall after work/before supper tonight and I stopped myself from just grabbing take out.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Had a setback yesterday, ended up with sciatic pain in my low back, buttocks and legs. I have long-term (20 years) back problems and so I knew I needed to not push it. Instead of working out last night, I stretched. And went to bed. Today I still am in pain, I've been doing some stretching here at work since it's slow and I'm alone so no one gives me funny looks.

Breakfast was a diet buster - my DH made sausage and hashbrowns so that was my breakfast. But lunch I'll be back on track. I will continue to do gentle stretching and some walking around today to try and get my back calmed down so I can get back on my exercise program.
Ouch I know what that is all about! Sciatic pain is one of the reasons why I decided to take up Pilates as it's supposed to be good for sciatic pain (and so far so good).. I hope that yours eases soon. *hugs*

And Leeh.. well done. It's not easy to say no to temptation like that!

and once more in pounds.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #288
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Bindii, thanks. My back is improved, and I'm back to normal activity.

I was active over the weekend. We did some Christmas shopping, so lots of walking, and I did video workouts both Saturday and Sunday.

This morning's breakfast was a winner so that was good, and I do have plans to do an exercise program today. I have a new one on order (P90X3) that will hopefully be here soon but I still have a pretty good variety at home. It's cold outside again (about 2 degrees) so I probably won't be walking my dog today.

"A mistake is not failure but feedback. -Rod Gilbert"
Old 12-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #289
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

was ..... to drink A LOT of water! on 12 ounce cup #4! I've broken the seal!

Starting over December 13, 2013.
Goal to get as fit as possible for London Vacation on April 14, 2014
Old 12-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #290
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Had a good on plan day after a kind of loosey-goosey not so OP weekend, only ate what I brought with me at work, got a 2 mile walk in at lunchtime, I think I finally found my indoor route at work.

Dee glad your back is feeling better.

Steinanwine congrats on getting the water in, I still have days I struggle with that.

Best to all

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
Old 12-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #291
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Everyone is doing great!

Does your indoor route include stairs Kelijpa? You can get quite a work out just doing the stairs a few times at a day at work. And of course those walking lunges to the trash can!

Today's good decision: listening to music while taking extra long dog walks. Really helped with my anxiety. I'm keeping a tight rein on the food right now while I'm feeling so anxious. Music and exercise help so much!

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 12-17-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #292
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Stared down all the candy in the candy aisle at Target. Thought long and hard about it. Walked away empty handed.

Working on losing some bloat...

Old 12-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #293
Michelle the Vegan

I ran first thing this morning after walking the dogs, knowing that today was going to be a nightmare in the kitchen. And I was right, it was a good decision to get that run in before tackling anything else because there is no way I'd do it later this evening!

Good job Heidi, that candy aisle is NO MATCH for you!

My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 12-19-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #294
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Mrs Snark you made me laugh again with the walking lunges to the trash can. My walk does include stairs and I park where I have to go up a set of steps to get into the building. Today we had our Christmas party, it would have been a perfect day for taking a long walk outside, dang social functions...Glad you have found something that lessens your anxiety, they say music soothes the savage beast, whoever THEY are...

Great job with the candy aisle NewLeaf,not sure I would have your strength! We'll find out tomorrow, finally going to get supplies and do some baking, yikes.

My good choice today is drinking lots of water, eating fruit before lunch and sitting here now on the recumbent bike pedaling away, be back later, too hard to type and keep a pace.

Best to all

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
Old 12-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #295
Michelle the Vegan

Led Zeppelin is always a good decision.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #296
Michelle the Vegan

Today's good decision was to post my run in the exercise log thread for today before I did it, ensuring that I would actually get up and go do it.

That is a terrible sentence. But it was a good decision.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #297
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Good decision no matter how you say it Mrs Snark! That does work to mark it down to make you so it, and by you I really mean me...

Stayed on plan today, feel dangerous loosening up for the holidays trying to worm it's way in...trying to keep that monster under control, hope to get back on track right after Christmas Day.

DH
Old 01-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #298
Michelle the Vegan

Insomnia keeping me awake? No problem, I'll just run a 5k. That will teach my screwy sleep cycle to mess with the likes of me!

Old 01-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #299
Michelle the Vegan

Where all my peoples at, people? Come inspire me with your awesome decisions! I neeeeeed you!

My good decision today: No drinkie for me tonight.

Now, I must go cry my heart out.

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 01-02-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #300
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I figured out a way to eat properly today, despite it being an office day. First time! (today was day 4 of the new job)

Working on losing some bloat...

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.