Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #226  

Height: 5' 8"

Logging on to the site to get some virtual inspiration. It's been a while, I need to check in more often.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #227  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I ate a banana that was about 3 days past prime, instead of toast.

I feel so earth-lovey green and eco-conscious.

Eat the gone-over banana, SAVE THE WORLD!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #228  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I had a bana and some melon for breakfast, it was yummy.

Tried out the new recumbent bike we got, wow, what a sweat, it was a weird feeling wheni got off, too, kind of like that first time back on the treadmill, looking forward to doing both through the winter.

Way to save te world Mrs Snark! All of our actions add up!

Whew, need to get in the shower, save me from myself...lol

Hi Envelope, I couldn't do it without checking in.

Best to all
Old 11-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Height: 5'7"

I went on an hour and a half hike and felt awesome when I was done. I ate really healthy all day and after a few years of being stuck at this weight I feel like I've had an attitude adjustment an am finally ready to move forward with this and kick my last 20 pounds to the curb.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #230  

There is just something about this place - and the people in it - that make me smile.

Old banana's, inspiration, recumbent bikes, sweaty armpits and attitude adjustments.. yup this place has it all!

As for me, I've been a bad bad girl this weekend and even worse today (the start of the new week/fresh start!). I don't know what's got into me - well I do, I am peeved about my shin splints; but I need to get over it and move on! I ate badly.. BUT.. I walked on the treadmill for twice as long than normal. It hurt but I got past it, and I didn't walk as fast with the hope that I won't do any more damage.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #231  
Michelle the Vegan

I did a mile walking cool down after my 5k run. I put that extra mile in the bank to make me all healthy and stuff, yeehaw!

Great job on the walking Bindii, and as you say, today is the start of a fresh new week and we can shape it however we want! I want mine shaped like a manatee in sunglasses, please, I love manatees.

Welcome Veloria, that sounds like it was a lovely hike!

Hey Kelijpa , glad to hear the new bike is working out. I've never been on a recumbent bike, I was wondering how it felt. Do you have a TV in front of yours or do your read or just rock out to music?

Hey envelope! I check in often for a little pick-me-up and a kick in the pants. Helps keep me on track!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 11-18-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #232  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I read on the kindle, I can see out the basement window a liitle, not at the height when I was on the treadmill, but I can see the occasional bird flying by. On the treadmill at work I read and listen to music, the view is quite boring out the window, they have TVs in there but they're always on ESPN and I can't hear what they're saying...

Bindii, keep at it, you're doing great!

I'll be thinking about manatees with sunglasses this afternoon

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-18-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #233  
Michelle the Vegan

Having a rough day? Enjoy the soothing love of the Calming Manatees.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 11-18-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

I made muffins for the kids and didn't eat the mixture even though it had really yummy creamy yoghurt in it.

DH is still away so I've made dinner in advance to make sure we all eat well; from school pick up to bed time is noisy and busy in our house so a bit of pre planning helps.

I haven't grouched at the kids while he has been away - this has nothing to do with losing weight but is still good! Not even when they "tried on" their ballet tutus for an upcoming concert with sandy hands and not even when the big two watched the toddler try to hit the baby over the head with a toy sword and then try to feed him some capsicum.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #235  

Today I..

1. Ate smaller portions

2. Rejoiced when I realized the only sugar I ate today was the raisins in my raisin bran at breakfast.

Well, sugar... Yes, soy milk and half and half do actually count but I will continue to have these in moderation, and yes they are the plain unsweetened versions
Old 11-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Tracked all my food perfectly with My Fitness Pal and just did a 1 hour spin class that had me dripping with sweat and drank lots and lots of water. Yay for me!

But feeling super frustrated that I feel incredibly huge and bloated today. WTH?
Old 11-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #237  
Michelle the Vegan

This morning I took one of my dogs to get her nails trimmed, then took her for a "you were such a good girl at the vet" celebratory walk in a local park so she would associate going to the vet with something she loves. All well and good.

And then I started rationalizing that what she really needed was french fries. How special would she feel after the walk if I got her some french fries?!? SHE would LOVE that! SHE loves french fries! SHE needs french fries!

*rolling my eyes*

I am the QUEEN of rationalizations. I'm embarrassed to say I actually started driving to a fast food joint before coming to my senses and heading straight home. That was my good decision for the day.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
This morning I took one of my dogs to get her nails trimmed . . .
And then I started rationalizing that what she really needed was french fries. How special would she feel after the walk if I got her some french fries?!? SHE would LOVE that! SHE loves french fries! SHE needs french fries!

I am the QUEEN of rationalizations. I'm embarrassed to say I actually started driving to a fast food joint before coming to my senses and heading straight home. That was my good decision for the day.
Good for you, and no, we won't tell your dog how close she came to French fries.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #239  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Good decision mrs Snark. I wasn't as strong yesterday. I took my boys for flu shots, and they wanted to get donuts afterwards as a treat. I said yes... But sent them in and stayed in the car. I was a bit peeved when they brought the DunkinDonuts smell back into the car with them, but I managed
Old 11-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #240  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

I made roasted root vegetables to go with dinner (parsnips, carrots, turnips, onions, garlic). I could eat the whole amount that I made, easily. Just keep picking a piece out of the pan while I wait for the rest of dinner to be done.

So... I decided how much I would have with dinner, plated it, and took the rest out of the pan to put away once it cools down.

It's totally healthy wonderful food but I could have eaten way too much of it. Crisis averted!
Closed Thread