3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

One good choice I made today was...

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #211
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Bindii - I am sorry to hear about the shinsplints. If you do have to take a short break to heal you WILL start walking again.

Yes.You.Will.

Getting an injury SUCKS (excuse my language also) but it happens. Healing is as important as exercise, and you have already demonstrated great dedication to exercise so I know that won't go away. I know that even if you have to take a bit of time off you can come back from it!

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)
Old 11-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #212

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Bindii, maybe it'll settle quickly with some rest?

It's getting hot here, far too warm to be carrying extra weight. I've had a pretty good weekend overall and probably not bad from a weight loss perspective. I've eaten pretty well (I don't count calories so have no idea really) and gone for two runs.

I've been browsing this forum whilst feeding the baby and one thing that's really struck me is that so many women here seem to still feel like the "fat chick" even when they've slimmed down. I'm sort of the opposite - even though I'm currently overweight I identify with being relatively slim and alwAys view the baby weight as transient. I don't know whether it's good or bad - maybe I'll be more complacent and not try as hard?

Kate
Old 11-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #213
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Great job Carma!! Way to get back to it!

My good choice today was hopping on the tread mill instead of playing mind numbing computer game endlessly...

Kate, speaking for myself this has been a lifelong journey, well, my adult life, I feel I have it licked, but from past experience, will probably always have that nugget of fear about gaining it back.

I feel I have a healthy lifestyle that I enjoy, not some diet I'm going to go off of someday. If you already have a healthy lifestyle that you enjoy and have some temporary weight gain that you just gave to put in some extra effort to get off, rejoice in that. It's a positive.

Best to all

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH

Last edited by kelijpa : 11-11-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #214
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126k/102.1/60k

Height: 162cm(ish)

Baking a birthday cake; after the icing was on the cake, I quickly washed the leftover down the sink. Disaster avoided! Ninja dieting skills!

We need a ninja smiley.

History!: Obese Category III Goals Achieved:Obese II (<110kg) Sept 4-13
Goals: Obese I (<95kg) Overweight (<82kg) Normal range (<68kg) Ideal (60kg)
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #215
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

MagicSusan I do the same thing when I make mac & cheese! Quickly, water goes into the pot I made the cheese sauce in...

Bindii sorry to hear about your shin splints. I've had those; ouch! Love your new avatar

My good choice today? To spend a half hour on the elliptical, even though I didn't really want to exercise... Glad I did it!

Working on losing some bloat...

Old 11-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #216

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have been given a little hope by Mrs Snark and I won't give up. I've cut right back on my walking outside but am still using the treadmill - just on a lower speed so there is less impact - as I really don't want to stop walking altogether unless I absolutely have to. So I guess that's my good thing for today.

My bad thing for today (well in truth for this week) is my eating has taken a bit of a dive due to a family members illness which has seen me spending a lot of time at the hospital with little time for meal preparations. I've tried to be good eating mainly salads but have given in to the urge to eat some wrong foods a couple of times also. That'll change too!

And thanks Heidi, I had my other avatar to shame myself into doing something about what I had done to myself. This pic is also a recent pic but a little more 'me'.

And I think Kate that sometimes attitude is half the battle and they say that once you decide to do something then you should start to think of yourself as if your goal was achieved - so there could be a lot of good in your thinking. P.S. you are so right about it being too hot at the moment to be carrying any extra weight!

kelijpa, I love the way you think. Having a healthy lifestyle that you enjoy is much more sustainable than a diet - because lets face it; nobody likes a diet!

Hahaha Magicsusan, I've been known to do the same myself! And just for you I present the Ninja smiley!
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...injasmiley.png

and once more in pounds.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #217
Heidi

bindii I hope your family member is doing better...

My good choice today was not going back for seconds with dinner. That's a habit I've found myself getting back into and I'm making a conscious effort to stop. But I made a new recipe and it was good! I bet the leftovers will be good, too...

Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #218

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Newleaf, I know what you mean about "seconds"; I tend to nibble a bit on the leftovers while I clean up. Which is actually quite gross, now that I think of it.

Bindi, with the heat I can feel my thighs (and even sometimes my knees) rub together which is pretty yuck.

My good choice is not to buy a bottle of wine - on the weekend DH and I will often share a bottle over two nights but he's working and I don't need it. Alcohol and weight loss aren't really compatible for me.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #219
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

My good choice today was cutting the amounts of cheese, salsa, and sour cream, in half at dinner time. I love taco salad and who doesn't love all the condiments that go on it? To trim some calories I used less.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #220
Heidi

chubbyMum good job skipping the wine! And maineCyn good job cutting the toppings in half. It's these small daily choices that really add up and are sustainable over time.

My good choice was to stick to my accountability and weigh in.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #221

S/C/G: 241/238/145

Height: 5'9"

My good choice today, waking up and making a protein shake for breakfast. I try to eat within 20 mins of waking up, give my body a boost.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #222
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

My good choice has been upping my water intake the last few days, I've been bad only about 32 oz per day got up to 48 the last few days, everything else pretty much the same, a couple lbs. dropped off, trying to get back to 64 oz...can't believe my water intake is so pitiful...focus on the positive, it's improving.

Seeing it in print helps
Best to all

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
Old 11-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #223
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

I got my Fitbit Force in the mail yesterday, my plan is to wear it daily. I'm hoping the feedback I get from it will help me to see how much I'm really exercising, how well I'm sleeping, and help me on my path of constant improvement.

"A mistake is not failure but feedback. -Rod Gilbert"
Old 11-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #224

S/C/G: 185/165/130

Height: 5 ft 4

Smile Weighing in with Season Appropriate Clothing

One good choice I made today was to bite the bullet and wear long pants to my Medical weigh ins...I took a slight hit on weight today...because the pants were heavier...but I can't go all winter weighing in wearing shorts!

Still lost 1.5 lbs this week.

Just found this forum today and look forward to SEARCHING over SNACKING!!

Last edited by ProfessorHappy : 11-15-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #225
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome ProfessorHappy! Great job on the loss!!!

Wanted to sleep in today, but instead gave the dogs extra long walks.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 11-15-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.