3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   One good choice I made today was... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/285957-one-good-choice-i-made-today.html)

tefrey 10-06-2013 10:31 AM

My focus on exercise has caused my Tibialis Posterior tendon to flare up. I have some scar tissue down there, so I'm especially prone to issues, the least little inflammation results in pain. If it gets too bad, I will need more corticosteroid shots, which means a week back on the couch ... and that's not something I can do right now.

So I nursed it, and did a gentle three mile hike instead of moving forward on my couch to 5K plan. I also bought new running shoes, since my old pair predates my surgeries. Hoping that the new shoes will help.

It's 90% better today so I will run and see how it goes. Better one day on the couch than seven!

newleaf123 10-06-2013 01:06 PM

One good choice I made today was...

...getting on the scale even bough I didn't want to, knowing that I would be unhappy with the result. This journey is so tiresome, but onwards I plod.

EagleRiverDee 10-07-2013 01:46 PM

I'm trying to make better choices this month. I've committed to walking outside every day during daylight hours (we're getting our shorter days up here in Alaska now) and my dog is loving this as I take her with me. On some days she gets two walks, one at lunch and one immediately after I get home before it gets dark.

I also bought a Fitbit One in hopes that it will make me more aware of what I'm doing (or not doing) and therefore will cause me to increase my exercise.

Mrs Snark 10-07-2013 02:06 PM

Today I earned myself a new 5k personal best on the treadmill, I gave it a very nice effort! :carrot:

Great job Dee, I bet your dog is THRILLED! Mine can't get enough walking!

Heidi - hope the plodding has turned into happier skipping? Or maybe moonwalking? ;) Good job facing the scale, I always feel like we deserve a medal when we do that!

Tefrey - Well done on the smart decisions. Rest and recuperation and taking the time to heal is actually as important as the actual exercise! We are all in this for the long haul, we gotta take care of our bodies!

appledore 10-08-2013 03:45 PM

Today I dragged myself to the gym even though I didn't feel like it

Bindii 10-08-2013 05:03 PM

Today I bought a Fitbit flex to try and give me some motivation to exercise (as if being overweight and unhealthy isn't motivation enough!). Now all I have to do is work out how to use it properly. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelijpa (Post 4853270)

C25k is the couch to 5k program, I have it as an app on my phone, it's an 8 week program that has you jog a little at a time, I like it because it just has a time, not a speed so you can jog at your own pace. I had seen quite a few posts about it on here and after reading Mrs Snark's blog decided I wanted to try being a runner again.

Keep motivating yourself :sunny:

Thank you for that! I might see if I can find the app myself eventually! :)

Mrs Snark 10-09-2013 09:42 AM

I briefly thought of having a bagel for breakfast today. There is only one left in the freezer and it has been six months since I've had one.

So I went and found my smallest shorts and put them on and thought if they were comfortable I'd go ahead and have a bagel... maybe. But they feel a little bit snug so I had Ezekiel toast instead.

newleaf123 10-09-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Snark (Post 4858439)
I briefly thought of having a bagel for breakfast today. There is only one left in the freezer and it has been six months since I've had one.

So I went and found my smallest shorts and put them on and thought if they were comfortable I'd go ahead and have a bagel... maybe. But they feel a little bit snug so I had Ezekiel toast instead.

Oooh, good one!

One good choice I made today was... to update my avatar photo. Better than my mopey one of yesterday! Today is a new day... (my phone still has the Munch, though. A: it is a good reminder B: it looks incredibly awesome -- the colors, the movement, etc. C: it brings back nice memories of going to the Munch exhibit in DC with my family this summer.)

ETA: didn't realize it was so matchy-match with my tickers... I'm really not a matchy-match kind of gal! I guess these are colors I gravitate towards...

Mrs Snark 10-09-2013 02:56 PM

I love the new avatar picture, Heidi, and it is complimented beautifully by your tickers!

I enjoyed The Scream as well though, I've always liked that painting.

mainecyn 10-09-2013 03:10 PM

One good choice I made was instead of eating out of the container of strawberries, I took a serving out and ate that. Also, the strawberries were a good choice I made as well since I would have loved them on top of cheesecake :)

Bindii 10-10-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Snark (Post 4858439)

You know.. I can't say that I've ever had a bagel. I've had plenty of other bad choices when it comes to food though, but never a bagel.

I love the idea of the shorts! I think I should probably hang all my 'skinny' clothes on the fridge for incentive! :)

junem 10-10-2013 08:41 AM

Tefrey. I had soreness in my posterior tib tendon most of last summer. I almost gave up my goal of doing my first sprint triathlon. Then I bought gel inserts for my shoes, and they really really helped. Wishing you pain-free running.

kelijpa 10-10-2013 02:26 PM

Hi all, have been walking everyday, food choices not bad but not great for sure.

Heidi - I'm dreading the scale when I get home...I like your photo looks like you're looking forward. I love The Scream as well!

Mrs Snark congrats on the new personal best, I'm looking forward to getting back to working towards the 5k!

:sunny:

mainecyn 10-10-2013 03:57 PM

One good choice I made today, besides eating breakfast, was taking the compliment I was given today instead of brushing it aside or downplaying it, etc. When I get a compliment that relates directly to my looks, I can never leave it alone, my husband mentioned this to me before. He will give me a compliment, say you look pretty, and I will laugh or say something bad about myself.

I am uncomfortable with compliments, my husband has said I've "thrown" to many compliments back in his face and that constantly responding to a compliment with a negative remark is insulting the person giving you the compliment.

newleaf123 10-11-2013 07:45 AM

1) weighing myself
2) having the self control to put candy corn (!!) in my son's lunch as a treat but not have any myself. Oh, to be slim and 12 years old again!