Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #91  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I remember you penguin; I was a brand new chickie back then. Welcome back!

2FC !!!

--------

I stayed OP Well for the most part, ate a bit more than I had planned but within my calorie limit. I was not going to come back until I did it -- I am a bit sore from weight lifting. I hadn't done it for so long.

It is a mammogram day for me. Are you ladies remembering to get yours done yearly? -- Not looking forward to it, tho, but glad to get it out of the way.

Plan for today
Meals
bfast - green tea
lunch - Salad with grilled chicken and homegrown lettuce/tomatoes/peppers
dinner - salmon, rice, veggie
snacks - TBD

Exercise
4.7 mile walk

Weight
Down 0.4 pounds
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #92  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

sum, glad to see you back! I'm sure it is a relief to feel in control again. Here's to a great day! Good luck with your mammogram.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #93  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sum, I have to go to the OBGYN at the end of the month. I'd rather have a mammogram but that's a few months down the line. Hope its over quickly and that you get a good report.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm back and it isn't pretty. 213.0 this morning. I think at least 2 of that is water gain as too much sodium not enough flushing. Puts me to 8lbs away from goal in 2 weeks. Next week end going to my brothers but food will be better there.

Welcome Penguin

Sum: sorry your having an issue being on point.

Heidi: great job getting back to pre vacation weight. You give me hope.

whirlybird: Your welcome for the advice. Any bit of info helps. I hear you on the water with waitressing.

everyone else
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #95  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Carma, you are doing great!!! I know the few pound gain just plain sucks, but overall you are doing fab! -- Life is also too short not to enjoy it a bit every now and then...like Heidi did and she is back OP and pre vaca weight

Which reminds me, your vacation sounded lovely Heidi!!!

whirlybird68
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #96  

Tuesday ~ pretty good eating day, plus I did 30min of weights.

I'm trying to keep busy so I don't panic about the up-coming vacation {our first in years plus camping is new to us}. Today I did the household laundry, plus I agreed to knit several hats for a foster home so I managed to finish 3 over the past couple days. Hats are fun, quick and 2 of them were for 6 yr olds so they didn't take long. I need to work on the lists of things we need to find and pack. Ack!

Carma, I'm sure you can meet your goal!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 172/164/147

Height: 5'5'

I'm also in! My goal is to loose 18 lbs by my 47th birthday 11/20!
How:
1. Stick to my protein diet plan.
2. Walk at least 30 min. a day.
3. Drink lots of water.
4. Add weight training in phase 2.
Tammy147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #98  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Hello all,
Today I ate a chicken schwarma plate with greek salad, grilled chicken and wheat pita with hummus.
For dinner I had a homeade soup with stew meat (grass fed beef) and onions and potatoes and broth, it was delicious.
I have done great adding water back to my diet, now just need to get my bladder used to it LOL!
I waitressed today, so I am burning calories, but I believe I need some weight training added.
I am thinking of visiting the YMCA this week. A new one just opened in my town and they are offering passes to visit for a few days.
Sum, how have you lost 23 pounds? What do you do?
Carma, what is your best weight loss advice? I see you have lost tons!!!
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #99  
Heidi

Sum thanks for the ! You will bounce back, too; I know it! You are off to a great start! Hope all went well with the mammo.

Soon2beSkinny You will bounce back, too. Just do the best you can

Penguin nice that you knit for others; what a gift from the heart!

Tammy nice to meet you; best of luck to you as you approach your 47th!

WhirlyBird chicken schwarma -- yum!!

Here, nothing too new. I slept TERRIBLY last night. So, it will be a dragging day, with early to bed. Which I guess is a good thing because I need to get myself on my son's highschool schedule; school starts on Monday. He will be a freshman so this is new to us; the bus comes at 6:35, so I need to be up by 5:30.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #100  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Yikes that is early Heidi!! Our school starts at 7:30 and I thought I had it rough -- I used to drive the kids, because the bus came so darn early, but now they drive themselves. I still get up each morning to see them off (well DD is in college).

whirlybird68 Your soup sounds yummy. Nice daily plan! I did lose 23 pounds but I have gained some back. -- No secrets here but I ate less and moved more. Intuitive eating (with calorie counting and IF) seems to work for me. I am trying to get back OP but struggling because I eat when stressed out and boy do I seem to have a lot of stress in my life. I think it would be easier and less calories if I drank my sorrows away But I don't drink.

Tammy147 Welcome!! My birthday is 11/14, we could do a friendly competition who gets to her goal by her bday?

patchworkpenguin Congrats on having a good day! And getting all those caps done; nice!

Looking forward to hearing from Zumba about her trip!

Last edited by Sum38; 08-20-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #101  
Heidi

Sum yeah, I'm thinking about driving my son. Plus, 2 mornings a week he has a "period 0" class before school, which I think he needs to be there at 6:40 for -- yikes!! Those days I have no choice but to drive...
Old 08-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!
It's also "Happiness Happens" Month!

I've been gone for a few weeks, finishing up Sweeney Todd. During the run, I actually got down to 179, which thrilled me. As soon as the show was over, I became a glutton. Yesterday I was up to 184. I don't know how much is water and how much is actual fat, but I'm hoping it comes off fast. But I know things have really changed for me. Yesterday, I was tired and run down, just wanting to go home after work. And since we leave Thursday for a 2 day car ride to get DD#1 back to college, I thought, why start now, only to have to take 4 days off later this week. But I dragged myself to the gym and did 30 min on the treadmill. Before, I would have blown it off and gone home. I saw it as 3 days to work out before I have to take 4 days off. This is a real mind-shift, for which I'm happy!

Reading back a few pages, it seems like there are a few of us struggling to get back on plan, maybe looking for that motivation/incentive/inspiration to re-commit. I'm using two things...start of the school year, which is a forced schedule change anyway, and seeing fall on the horizon. I see this time of year as a hill and I'm standing at the top, looking at the track heading down. It starts with Labor Day (already have two BBQ invitations), then an anniversary celebration, a family birthday, then my birthday, Halloween, another family birthday, Thanksgiving and then the holidays. Lots of school functions thrown in, a multi-college campus tour for DD#2 in Oct., and a possible work trip. It will take dedication and a commitment to staying on-plan to get me through...especially with how slow I tend to lose.
Come on...we can do it!!!

Heidi: I can totally relate! If DD#2 were to ride the bus, it leaves at 6:35. But she has a "Zero Hour" class every day, starting at 6:45. She has to leave the house no later than 6:10 am. It's crazy! I'm proud of her for doing it every day (and this is her second year of it!). Fortunately, she drives now, so I don't have to leave at 6:10 am too.

whirlybird68: Nice to meet you. Your menu sounds yummy! Definitely try the YMCA. Find an activity/exercise you'll stick with.

Tammy147: Nice to meet you also. Great goals!

penguin: I remember you too. Welcome back! I hope your first camping experience is fun. I love camping, been doing it since I was a toddler. I have lots of meal ideas, but the biggest suggestion I have is to prepare whatever you can at home (i.e., tacos is one of our favorites. Cook the meat and cut up lettuce, tomato, etc. ahead of time. Baggies are great for storing/transporting/packing...and then you can throw away when empty.) Have fun!!

Sum38: Hey girl! Looks like you were successful staying on plan yesterday. After all, it's always "one day at a time". Build on the previous day's success. You can do it! About the tummy-tuck: (IMHO) it's not the quick-fix we want it to be. Seems drastic while you're still losing weight. Wait until you're at goal, then evaluate if a little nip and tuck would create the sculpted look you may be trying for. Now THAT's a reward!! Of course, it that's what you need to keep going, then do it. Everyone is different. Either way, we'll support you!

Carma: I know you can get right back on track. The important part is that you keep at it!

Zumba, Susan, Beth: Hi!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #103  

Moondance, thanks for the tips. That fridge is tiny, so prepare ahead is a good idea. Our stovetop is gas, which I don't know how to cook on, and the oven doesn't work well, so Hubby will be cooking the first few trips, until he teaches me the gas stove part. Since its still hot I don't think we will do much beyond heating soup for the first few trips; I think we'll stick to cereal and sandwiches.

Newleaf, I'm not a morning person either and that is too early for me. Yuck!

Tammy, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Hubby's flight lands soon, so I wanted to get a workout in before he comes home.

ETA: I did 35min of cardio.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 08-20-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Well atleast 4 lbs of that weight was bloat. I think a little more 209.4 this morning. Ate close to my calories the last couple of days. Little bit over but totally on target with my water. Exercise is eh. Atleast a half an hour each day but I really want my 60-90 minutes back again. DD bday party tomorrow. Pizza and Cake. I am going to have to be so clean during the day.

Whirlybird: I calorie count with my fitness pal. I find it works for me because that way I can still eat whatever and don't feel cheated. I just stick within my calories. It's almost 45lbs lost again. I went up after my trip. Was 46lbs down. I also try to get the 5-15-30 plan which we discussed earlier. I mostly get the 5 and 30 and struggle with the 15. I am trying to weight train but not consistently and like to go for 2 walks a day. One half an hour for my heart and one hour long for my A@*. I also want to mix in some yoga but haven't quite gotten there yet. I also reward myself with every time I lose 10% off my weight I get a Alex and Ani bracelet. My next one is waiting for me in my desk drawer at work. When I get to no longer obese which will be 185lbs I am going to the spa for a full day of pampering.

Penguin: thank you for your faith in me. I hope you enjoy your camping trip.

Sum & Tammy: My birthday is November 30th. I am hoping to be down around 185. We can make it a 3 way contest.

Tammy: Welcome

Sum: good job being on target.

Moon: Sweeny todd must have been great. I am all for jumping on board your enthusiasm train. We can do this.

Heidi: what is this Zero hour class you speak of? Thanks for the vote of confidence the bloat is almost gone.

Zumba: where are you???????

to anyone I missed.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #105  
Heidi

Soon2bSkinny Remember how high school had class periods, like Period 1 was history, Period 2 was gym? Well... our high school has a "Period 0" which is basically a class before school even starts! It's not mandatory, but my son has to take a class he wasn't planning to, and his choices were during "Period 0", during school time (in place of an elective) or on Saturday. He chose the Period 0. I had never heard of this before this summer. Total ugggggh. I am just not a morning person.