Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #1  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Default JULY chat

July's going fast, but thought I'd start a chat thread for the rest of the month.

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

So, I decided to try tracking points, just for some method of accountability.
It is shocking the values of some things when you look at nutrition labels!

So for the time being I'm just looking up everything I'm eating, I don't know what my target is under the new program, it's just interesting looking at what I'm eating and what makes the points go up or down.

I think anything that gets me tracking my input and output is going to help my program.

Best to all
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #3  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Kelijpa, Hello I also decided to start tracking, except I'm counting calories which I have never done before. Looks like I am indeed under my daily goal for calories in order to lose weight slowly but steadily. I was just spitballing before. I hope it keeps working!

I met the teensiest of goals, which was to start exercising this week. I made it only 10 minutes on the recumbent bike >< but I'm relieved to have finally started. Apparently there is an an out of shape and undermuscled person beneath all of my overweightness; overall it's not a good emerging look, lol. I'm following some examples on here about exercising while losing weight to help my overall shape.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #4  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Good for you, Toowicky. It has certainly helped me- not that I have a great figure, but it terms of strength and energy, which in turn makes it easier to expend even more strength and energy... But it's also given me much more of a waistline, which is nice

Kelijpa, what kind of points? I've never heard of this. Good luck in any case, and thanks for opening the chat thread. I was feeling a bit lost in the challenge thread, since I came in so late! A monthly thread gives everyone the option of a fresh start at least once a month
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #5  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

I tried several times to lose weight to only quit a few weeks or months in. This time I am logging all my food intake and all my exercising (through fitbit) and I believe this, along with a change in my thoughts, is the thing that will make it happen this time. I have a whole different outlook on this. I feel so much stronger and in control. It only takes me a few minutes after each meal, snack, and exercise to log things. I now know for sure what my calories burned and calories in are.

Does anyone have any good ideas for snacks? I get easily tired of the same old same old. Currently for snacks I will eat; apples or carrots with peanut butter, carrots with hummus, mixed berries or any type of fruit with a few crackers, Kashi cereal w/skim milk, greek yogurt, cottage cheese with pineapple.
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

MagicSusan- I was referring to weight watchers points, I've been an on and off weight watcher for most of my adult life. I found an online calculator by googling we points calculator. I'm not sure how many is my limit on the new program, but it got me looking at food labels and portion sizes.

I think any method that gets you paying attention to what you're eating is good, the fit it seems to work for a lot of people, mindful eating, really paying attention to what you're eating, at times I've gotten myself a nice little notebook to keep track in.

Had a good day today, walked the rail trail, 4 miles, sweated like crazy, wouldn't have made it without water and my hat, my face still looked like a tomato when I was done

Aspen- I like vanilla yogurt with crushed pineapple, we also have crunchy granola bars and I love popcorn, you can just pop it in the microwave in a brown paper bag, like kids used to use for lunch, this time of year I cut up watermelon and put in containers so I can take it to work.

Looking forward to hearing other snack ideas, I have some celery I have to try it with some hummus.

Best to all
Old 07-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #7  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Aspen- check out the forum Food talk and fabulous finds, there're usually good ideas for snacks there, too
Old 07-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #8  
a healthier me

Thank you, keli!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #9  
mossfootrunner!

Ah! Weightwatchers. I have heard of those points. Thanks.

Anybody here from farm country? I really miss big wheat fields; someone go out and take a walk by one for me

:
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #10  
a healthier me

Susan: Sorry I can not walk by wheat fields for you but I can walk along a lake for someone. I enjoy walking along the lake at different times of the day. Always see something different and the sunsets and sunrises are gorgeous.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/184/150

Height: 5'4

Default Hi again

Hi, I am fairly new here. I have to post more often, because I feel that helps me to be accountable! I have not lost one pound since I joined! I went on a short vacation with my boys, and that did not help with my weight loss efforts at all. I am trying to do better this week.

There is a lady I work with who is on weight watchers, and she is doing so great. She says it's tracking the points that works for her, and exercise. She is older than me, and still able to lose, I think she is 57. I'm ten years younger, and have not lost a pound yet.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!
LoriDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Glad to see a July Chat open!

I have made it one whole week back on the diet wagon. Food has been good and I have gotten most of my exercise in. Had my second water aerobics class last night. I am sure I don't burn a ton of calories but I am moving and its fun. I did my regular morning exercise today and working on a good food day.
I am going out of town this weekend and need to keep my motivation up so I do not go totally off track while we are gone. It is so easy to overeat and indulge in junk food when we are gone on the weekends.
Susan- Most of the wheat in the fields has been harvested or cut now except for winter wheat which I don't see a lot of. Now corn fields, they are everywhere in Neb and SD.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #13  
mossfootrunner!

Aspen and NEMom, They've just taken in one field's worth, here. A nice place to walk is quite motivating.

I was oddly not hungry today- might be the heat and dryness. Since the rest of the family is having lot's of ice cream, i made myself some frozen yogurt. Much healthier and just as yummy!

You guys are making me hungry with your snack ideas! I love whole grain rice cakes, smoothies made from fruit (nectarines!) and quark, a hard boiled egg, banana/milk smoothies...

LoriDawn, hang in there. It's sometimes just a matter of juggling diet and exercise until you find that sweet spot that works for you.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #14  
a healthier me

LoriDawn: Welcome, it's nice to have you join in!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #15  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Hi Loridawn- welcome!

NEMom- good to see you again! I was off and on for awhile, I'm finding it's an indicator of how well I'm doing.

Magicsusan- I live in the mountains, I'll take a walk around my garden for you...lol

Had a good day today, did my walk, my exercises and paid attention to my intake, feels good so far!

Best to all