Old 06-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Carma: I did the first day today with a few modifications! I combined the sit-ups and crunches number and did all crunches, and I did knee push-ups (still tough for me). I felt pretty good afterwards though, so I'm hoping I can stick with it for 30 days. I definitely think you should do it with me
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #17  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi ALL I'd like to join you if I may

I've been in the 190's forever

today's weigh in 196.8 ... I'd like to be out of the 190's by 8/5 actually

~push myself to eat OP
~push myself to do some movement at least 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome RennieI'm dreaming of the 190's.
Jenn: Boy am I glad to hear that your doing girly push ups. I was able to do 5 of those. May try the stair push ups. I will start one day behind with you and do it tomorrow. Girly or stair push ups. But I will hold my plank for twice as long as it says as I will probably only get 8 push ups at best. I did the 30 day squat challenge so I am thinking the squats will be no problem especially since they aren't increasing in number.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome Rennie!

Jennifer: Quick idea: If knee pushups are tough for you - Try doing pushups with your hands elevated. Like on the stairs, wall, bench, etc. Much less painful on the knees and it engages more of the core. And you'll need that core for 'real' pushups!

Also - you might be better off skipping sit ups and crunches and doing more planks. Google 'why you should never do crunches'. Plank variations are the new situps/crunches! Sit ups are hard on your neck(hands pulling when you come up), tailbone, etc.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:34 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

2fc: thanks 4 tke advice going yo try stair pushups today I think instead of sit ups i will do tke one where you raise your legs when laying on your back. I forget what its called.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

2FatCars: Thanks for the advice. I think I'll change the crunches to side planks. The knee sit-ups are hard, but not impossible. I like hard!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #22  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

We are going to be the fittest 40 somethings ....in a few months we'll challenge the 20 somethings to a fitness challenge

Rennie

I ate OP except when I came home form DS's baseball game I was ravished and had quite bit of fruit (watermelon) and tomato salad and a gluten free muffin (blush). Late night eating always makes my scale creep up, regardless what I eat, so scale was at 151.4. I seem to be a bit stuck between 150-152; hey I told you that 152's were my nemesis I just need to take a deep breath and not to fret over it. I am doing everything right and I will have a nice whoosh in the future.

Plan for today

Meals
Bfast
Some hashbrowns
Tomato slices
Broiled eggplant slices
1/4 cup feta cheese

Lunch
Salad with veggies and 3 oz shredded pork tenderloin

Dinner
Salmon
Brown rice
Asparagus

Exercise
Either
Walk 4.7 mi, swim 45 min and 100 lunges
OR
Rest Day; I haven't had a day off in 9 days
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #23  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, love2b!! We love newcomers; I'm so glad you are joining us in this challenge!!

My inlaws left this morning, woo hoo! My scale is up, boo hoo... BUT I am still under my 155 "red line" and I am ready to make a dent on my challenge today. I don't have too many obstacles between now and August. A trip to FL to see my parents for a week, but I usually lose there, and I think that's it. I'm ready to rock!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #24  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Carma: Do you mean flutter kicks? Where you move right leg up/left down, then left up/right down? Those were reserved for punishment when I was in the Army . . . . *shudders* Bad flashbacks.

Heidi: Glad you got your house back and glad you are under the redline!
My in-laws live in Florida. Hubs wants to go see them in...AUG! Holy hotbox, batman!

Sum Hmmm. I like the idea of challenging some young'uns! Perhaps it would help the (incorrect) perception that your body after 40 is all downhill.

So I'm starting challenge day one with a pulled muscle in my...gluteus...
It was tight on Monday during weights but I figured it was just Monday-related. Nope. That sucker seized up and I spent ALL day on the couch yesterday. When hubs came home he asked if I wanted his TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) unit. Duh. Forgot about it - it works miracles. Hooked the zapper up and 30 minutes later I was MUCH better. Not great, but not screaming in agony anymore. I can walk today - going to take dogs for a stroll but no weights. Maybe that early stiffness was my body telling me to take a break! And since I ignored it - it had to REALLY get my attention. Lesson learned.
Scale at 141.0. Hard to believe since I laid on the couch and ate all day.

I have discovered the perfect combination of goodness. S'mores icecream, 1/2 the fat. It was made for me. And only 130 calories for a half cup! Life is Good.

Just realized that with the scale at 141.0 that makes puts me just over the 40 pounds gone mark.
Don't worry, Heidi, body fat is at 18% - half the amount it was at start...that's what really matters to me

Last edited by 2FatCats; 06-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #25  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Yay, a new challenge!

My goal is to reach 150lbs, which should be more than doable in just under 7 weeks. My physical goal is to work out twice a week between now and then.

I disappeared off here for a little while this past few weeks -- a combination of life getting busy and a horrible hormone-related water retention making me sulky -- and it feels good to be back.

CW -- 156.5
GW -- 150

Last edited by Crow; 06-19-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Wednesday! Did you know it's also Beautiful in Your Skin Month?

Good news...biopsy came back normal. PHEW. Glad that is over with!

I've been thinking a lot about why I'm having such difficulty with weight loss this time around, even with (relatively) clean eating and regular exercise. The only difference I can come up with is the new meds for "probable" Crohn's disease. I say probable because I'm basically a-symptomatic and I notice no difference on or off the meds. Dr. said I could take them or not, up to me. Having other family members with Crohn's and seeing the consequences of going untreated , I've opted to take them to head off long term damage. But I may reassess that, for a short period of time, to test if it's affecting my weight loss. I've read everything I can, but have found no indication that it's supposed to affect it one way or the other...but that doesn't mean it can't. So...I'm on day 2 of no meds. I'll reassess in a couple of weeks.

Crow: Glad to have you back and that you're feeling better again!

2FatCats: Sorry about your pulled butt...I mean glute. I never cease to be amazed at how our bodies communicate with us. 40 pounds gone?? AWESOME!!! Congrats on that!

newleaf123: Doesn't sound like too much damage was done and I know you'll get right back down. Glad you have your house back!!

Sum38: HA! I love the idea of a 20-something challenge. We should plan ahead for the fall and be in training until then.

love2b150: Welcome to the group. Glad to have you aboard.

Jennifer1966: Quite the challenge you've got going. Rock it, girl!

Carma: Crunch vs. plank...girly vs. stair push-ups. Oh, the decisions. Better than chocolate vs. strawberry ice cream, right? (except for 2FatCats who likes her S'more's ice cream!)

mboo: Good goals!

LindaWW: Family gatherings can be the worst! Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Zumba: Congrats on the new job! See...

Last edited by Moondance; 06-19-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #27  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I had a humbling walk; my grand plans of doing 100 lunges were shot down I managed to do 50 I could have done more, but I would had lost proper form and like 2FC said, that could mean disaster to one's knees. So my challenge will be' work upto 100 lunges 3 x week I am going to be s-o-r-e.

Zumba on your new gig!! I knew you would get it, you are so classy!!

Moondance Congrats girl! What a relief!!!!

Crow I have disappeared a few times; when I found myself having nothing nice to say (either about myself or even others) I took a break. Glad to have you back. And I will see you at the 150's check in thread once again

2FC I think my chiro uses the TENS, if it is the same machine, it is heaven! I hope your bummy feels better soon!

Heidi I am so glad that you stayed below your redline! Having house guests can be so tough on one's waistline.

Carma and Jennifer I can already to hear your sore muscles -- I am going to be in so much pain after my lunges, as well. -- It feels great to be sore.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Welcome rennie!
Glad to have you back Crow!!

I have weak legs and a bad knee so lunges i don't do
I have started crunches i must not have done enough i don't feel it :-)

That is good news Moondance!!
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #29  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Mboo-sometimes I don't feel the crunches until a couple days in.

I started doing some push ups, 2 sets of 5 "girly" push ups, I want to start doing the planks, I've read some good things about them.

Sounds like everyone's doing great, off to a good start.

Welcome, Love2b and welcome back Crow!

Newleaf-it's good to get back to your routine isn't it?! You're doing great!

Zumba-congrats on the new job!!

Sum-sounds like you've got things under control, if you an fill up on fruit maybe that kept you from eating more than one muffin, so that's a good thing.

2FC-thanks for the advice, I'll have to try those push ups, so I can do the real ones. Sorry to hear about your glute! Glad you had something to give you relief!

Jennifer- I'll have to check out your challenge, you and Carma have me curious.

Well have to get out for my walk
Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi ya'll....thanks everybody for the congrats on the new job..I"m excited about it....I'll be practicing all week for my first day.....

To **** with isa gen ix!!!! Enough said on that, more money wasted.....

I am going back to low carb......

Going to walk in a few minutes )) tomorrow is zumba and then weight lifting...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote