Old 05-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Moondance!
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Been busy packing for our camping trip to the northern CA coast! Leave bright & early Monday AM!!! WOO HOO!!!
I promise to do 2 things on vaca:
1. Walk each day. Easy, because where we are going...it's beautiful!
2. Take photos & post them upon return. Easy, because it's beautiful where we are going!
H is doing well. He is really looking forward to some fishing. I'm looking forward to him having something to occupy himself with!
We are going to MacKerricher State Park in Ft. Bragg CA. It has miles of beach, a fresh water lake, tons of wildlife & amazing scenery. I used to go there every summer as a child. I started taking H there when we married. Haven't been there in years, but it's always amost like going home for us.

moondance: SWEEEEEEET! Congrats! An actress in our midst! May I have your autograph?
NEMom: Keep pluggin' away! I'm kinda of starting while away from home. I think it might be just what I need for a jumpstart. And since I'm going to be doing a lot of the work around the campsite...I'll be busy enough. How are things going with your son? I know school is almost out. Hope he ends feeling more positive about school/education.

ukemama: I know what you mean! Where April & most of May went is beyond me!!! Seems like all it's been is work, going to the hospital or to the drs. I'm just glad it is basically over! I'm just doing what I can to be sure once that day comes, I'm still standing & I'm mostly healthy. Do try to find some time for you, it'll help you through it.

kelijpa: Enjoy your vaca! Hope you have a great time, too! We'll compare notes when we both get back.

Gotta scoot. Need to sleep. Got to finish everything up tomorrow & then we're outta here! Cyber-hugs to you all!!
BE HEALTHY! BE AWESOME!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #33  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Moondance -

Ukemama - welcome back, I've been mia myself, it's good to come back, isn't it?!

MrsTA - enjoy your vacation, sounds wonderful!! Love camping

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #34  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

rtardif-welcome, great start, best of luck with your allergies, sounds like you've got something of a solution, that's great. Cat walking, reminds me my mom's cat used to kind of walk with us in the woods, he'd be nearby, but doing his own thing, sometimes if he couldn't see you he'd start meowing to get you to come closer to where he was...
Old 05-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #35  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

OH Ms MOONDANCE!!! I am soooo happy for you, Hunny-Bunny!!! Wow, dreams do come true....hard work does pay off...cliche...chiche...I hope you enjoy every second of rehearsals, performances, etc. I cannot imagine performing in front of so many people--what courage and spunk you have! But, I can imagine how much fun you will be having. I wanna hear all about the behind-the-scenes drama and I wanna come see you perform!!

Hey MsT! You've crossed the river to the other side....finally!...I hope you have a relaxing and muscle-building vacation! Sounds fabulous.

Hello again KelliJeepa...I haven't been keeping up here either. Too much going on...sigh...

Not gonna get much sleep tonight.....turns out....there is a bad side to having a techno kid...he was playing with the garage door opener...now one of our neighbor's remotes can open our door (we think)...cannot figure out which neighbor it is...oh well...*strangles boy*
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #36  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Just read through this thread...

moondance congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!

neMom and mrsTryingAgain hang in there...

I'm on my iPad... So quick hi to everyone else! I'm sorry I'm not active on is thread, but I do enjoy catching up... Oh, and I loved the image of the cat going for a walk, too. My 16-pounder sure could use that...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #37  

Vaca was nice. It was awesome to get away, but it was really windy & cold. Made some of the days just miserable. But H & I still had a great time...in spite of it all.
I'm still not really on program. I did however walk every day. I'd get up early, just after dawn...walk to the restrooms, then out a trail to see what I could see in the early morning. Put in about a mile round trip in the awesome quiet. I was able to keep 2 promises...walk often & take tons of pictures. Here are some:

Gotta get back to unpacking. Hope all is well with you all! BE HEALTHY!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #38  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome to the new folks, welcome back to all of us that have been MIA!
I've been lurking and hanging out but not posting much here. Still living in maintenance and figuring that out. It's the hardest part, I think!

MrsT: Stunning pics! Thank you for sharing. Makes me miss Oregon and the coastline there.

Moondance: Belated CONGRATS! I could never get up in front of allthose people. You are brave in so many ways!

I have a cat that could use the walking, too. All 22 lbs of him. He's big-boned...

Hope all are well and on-plan!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday! And Happy Memorial Day!

We had a nice time camping for a couple of nights. Got a little chilly at night, but the days were nice! Went for a 4.5 mile hike and thoroughly enjoyed all the new spring growth with snow-capped peaks against a clear blue sky. Heaven in my book! I even made it out relatively unscathed with my butter-friendly cooking friend (though I did have a second piece of cherry pie!). Not gaining is a win for me in this scenario.

Had some tragic news when we got back in cell phone range. The 19 year old daughter of a family we're good friends with was killed. I haven't talked to the family yet...I can only imagine how much they're world has come crashing down. They have lots of family in town and are surrounded by them now. I know from past experience that it's being there for her in the long term that will help most. Such a profound loss for a child to die.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations. It's very satisfying when hard work pays off. DD#2 didn't get a role (but is in the ensemble), so that disappointment has been hard to deal with. So far rehearsals are going well.

MrsTryingAgain: GREAT pictures! Looks like an awesome place camping, even with the wind. So glad you and H got time away to enjoy yourselves. Even if you're not on an official Program, you've learned lessons that are making a difference...you're walking whenever you can! WTG!!

SeeMyFeet: Your garage door problem makes me chuckle. Hope you've got it figured out!

2FatCats: Glad you're still with us, even if you don't post much. I hope someday to have your problem. Don't worry, you'll get it figured out. Oh, and you made me LOL...Big-boned cat! ha!

newleaf123: Nice to see you! Even if you can't check in daily, do it when you can. We all enjoy hearing from you!

Have a great rest of your weekend!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #40  

Back on track. Still having an issue trying to get my exercise in. Seems like I'm constantly at work or taking H to drs. appt. Hopefully these will be at an end soon. Hope all of your are well! Keep up the good fight!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #41  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

MrsTA- beautiful pics! Love camping and the great outdoors!

Moondance- so sorry to hear about your friends' tragedy, that is so sad, you're right about being there for the long haul, one of my friends lost a baby at full term, she said much later that it meant so much to her when she would get a card or call "thinking of you" later on, she said it felt like many people expressed sympathy right away and then seemed to forget.

Inspired and motivated to kick it up a notch in June.
wishing you all the best
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #42  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Finally got to see your photos, mrsTryingAgain. What a beautiful setting!! I've never camped near the ocean like that... would love to!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote